Round of Words 80 Goals – Round 1, 2012:
- I completed Chapter Twenty-Two!
- I now have 11,037 words in Chapter Twenty-Three, “Life,Mirrored”.
- Things are moving more quickly toward the resolution now – the key has been found, but the puzzle still needs some uraveling, and there are still several new and old conflicts to complicate the resolution.
- It still seems that it will be twenty-five chapters with an epilogue.
- The words seem to be flowing – a little haltingly and in unexpected ways. I’m really looking forward to seeing what’s next! =)
I will submit at least four pieces, queries, or proposals to for-pay markets.
- I submitted my poem, La Reve des Etoiles (The Dream of Stars) to Black Heart Magazine.
- Response time for this submission is about three months, so I will not be likely to know for certain until Round 2.
- With the poetry submission, this goal has been attained!
- I have been keeping up with my Writer Page.
- I have edited several posts on this blog.
- I have not posted or edited at The Unfettered Life. I am not currently able to answer comments there, so I am holding off posting to that blog until the problem is resolved – and that will be waiting till after the challenge ends.
- My posting here will likely be status updates and revisions, and not much else, until after this round ends, so that I can focus on my remaining goals.
- I have written as much of a rough draft as I care to.
- I will let is rest a while, then sift through.
- I am thinking of keeping the letter short and assertive, rather than long and defensive.
- I have edited several more posts over the days since the last check-in. This included editing, adding images and links, tagging and categorizing, and editing and responding to comments.
- The posts are revised, chronologically, through February 16.
- I will continue on with the edits over the coming days.
- I am confident I can finish these before the end of the round..
I will input one of my writing notebooks into Penzu, and clip all materials I would like to pursue further.
- I have been debating, for the last several weeks, whether to move the clipping goal to the second round.
- I have decided to do this.
- There may be time to do this before the end of the round, but I would have to rush the process, and I don’t want to be rushed and pressured.
- I have transcribed the 141 page notebook, and this goal is now attained.
So, at the close of this second to last update, I find myself with two goals left to accomplish:
- I will complete the rough draft of my unfinished NaNoWriMo novel, Chameleon’s Dish.
- I will edit, revise where necessary, and properly categorize all posts in this blog.
- ROW80 Goals Update – “Entering the Final Rapids” (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update- “ROWing with the Flow” (shanjeniah.com)
- Row80 Goals Update – “Softening and Friction” (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 Update – “Words, Words, Words” (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 GoalsUpdate- “Recovering….” (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update#10 – “Expansion and Immersion” (shanjeniah.wordpress.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update #13 – “Pondering Balance” (shanjeniah.com)
- ROW80 Goals Update #11 – “Wide Horizons” (shanjeniah.com)