Hey there, ROW80 friends!
I realized last week that I had too many goals, too quickly, in too many directions.
So I went back to basics, with just five goals. I extended that to March and Q1, too.
I’m also be paying attention to my inner resistance, because it’s been slamming on the brakes of progress, so that I’m getting in my own way. And knowing why I’m doing that is always useful…
I set five simple goals last week – and finished them all. Here’s that progress.
Week Eight Goals:
Completed goals: 100%
In progress goals: 0%
Still waiting goals: 0%
Schedule my next #8sentencesunday excerpt for 3/5/23 and share in linky list. Share and post in Sacred Biz Rebels and Spirit Sanctorium. Finish Lesson 15 of How to Revise Your Novel. Follow my social media posting schedule for the week. Adapt my Q1 goals; set March goals .
And here are the five goals for this week. I’m doing three MITs (Most Important Tasks) per day, and doing them early on in the day. That’s helping a lot, too.
Week Nine Goals:
Completed goals: 20%
In progress goals: 0%
Still waiting goals: 80%
- Schedule my next #8sentencesunday excerpt for 3/5/23 and share in linky list
- Share and post in Sacred Biz Rebels and Spirit Sanctorium.
Create HTRYN Lesson 15 Scene Cards for On Any Tuesday Night.
- Fill in and follow my social media posting schedule for the week.
- Format ls;sf.
If you’re wondering how these weekly goals fit into my larger goals, here are those lists. Bolded items are in progress or completed.
March 2023 Goals:
- Format and publish light shines; shadow falls on KDP.
- Begin marketing light shines; shadow falls; continue sharing excerpts on #8sentencesunday until the story or round is finished.
- Finish Lesson 15 and begin Lesson 16 of How to Revise Your Novel. I’ve finished Lesson 15.
- Publicize and add biweekly content to my newsletter and site blog.
- Fill in and follow through on the posting schedule for March.
Q1 Goals: I’ll update these at the end of each month.
- Format and publish light shines; shadow falls.
- Share excerpts on #8sentencesunday until finished or end of quarter.
- Complete Lesson 15 and begin Lesson 16 of How to Revise Your Novel.
- Launch and publicize newsletter; drip out nurture sequence.
- Create a basic marketing/content plan for the year.
And that’s all I have for now.
How are your goals going? Do you have a favorite project? Is there a specific win you’re celebrating, or a challenge you’d like cheering on for?
Glad you found a pace that’s working for you, Shan! I too try to focus on some MITs in the morning and I find it gives me a sense of completion and achievement which then leads to a more relaxed day. ^^
All the best with all your goals!
Hey there, Julie!
It’s really helping so far! And yes on the more relaxed day. Even yesterday, when they were rather grueling and took several hours, there was little left I NEEDED to do once they were done.
Comments are closed.