Hey there, ROW80 friends!
I was hoping for a great week, but life rather had other plans. I did get all the business goals done, but the writing goals fell by the wayside of life this week.
If this continues for another week or two, I’ll assume I’m taking on too many goals at a time. It’s a little too soon for that determination, though….
So, what did my Week Three look like?
Week Three Goals:
Completed goals: 70%
In progress goals: 0%
Still waiting goals: 30%
- Complete formatting for light shines; shadow falls.
- Schedule my next #8sentencesunday excerpt for 1/29/23 and share in linky list.
Follow up with Nikki; share and post in Sacred Biz Rebels and Spirit Sanctorium. Follow up with Camille and Michelle (Quiet the Quagmire booking leads).
- Complete Lesson 15 of How to Revise Your Novel.
Add my freebie to my site; update nurture sequence buttons in ConvertKit; announce the mailing list on FB and Twitter.My freebie is on my site and password protected. All emails are ready to go (although I need to create two sales pages I’ve set aside for way too long). Downloaded my Big Why page to use for the announcement and followed through. Want to sign up for my newsletter? It’s here! https://cheerful-crafter-7458.ck.page/c7136b2e31 Finish Izzi’s video testimonial template and Joni’s testimonial; share Joni’s to FB and Twitter.I’ve finished Joni’s and posted to FB and Twitter. Izzi’s is done, though I may tweak it in a day or two. BONUS: I have another testimonial, and a comment I can request permission to use (guess what I’m doing next week? =)). Reach out to Lillian again re: exit interview completion.She completed her exit interview and gave me some excellent feedback and food for thought. Create a basic sharing structure for my 2023 content baskets and brainstormed content .It’s very simple, but maybe that’s best. It leaves room to play with it as needed. Write and share a #fanficstacks story for this week.I shared this one: https://archiveofourown.org/works/39611892/chapters/112110541
Week Four Goals:
Completed goals: 0%
In progress goals: 20%
Still waiting goals: 80%
- Complete formatting for light shines; shadow falls if needed.
- Schedule my next #8sentencesunday excerpt for 2/5/23 and share in linky list.
- Chat with Nikki; share and post in Sacred Biz Rebels and Spirit Sanctorium.
- Follow up with August, Mike, and Megan (potential clients) as needed. Followed up once with Mike to respond to his email.
- Finish Lesson 15 and begin Lesson 16 of How to Revise Your Novel.
- Add new subscribers to nurture sequence; send nurture sequence as needed; add mailing list link to shanjeniah blog using Big Why page image and this link. I sent the second nurture sequence email to my (so far) 1 subscriber.
- Finalize Izzi’s video testimonial; get her approval; and share to FB and Twitter; request permission to use Andrea’s comment as a testimonial; create a template for Lillian’s testimonial.
- Create branded sales pages for Social Media Savvy and Quiet the Quagmire.
- Find and adapt a post for my site blog; truncate for newsletter content; set up in ConvertKit.
- Write and share a #fanficstacks story for this week.
If you’re wondering how these weekly goals fit into my larger goals, here are those lists. Bolded items are in progress or completed. January is shaping up pretty well, overall.
January 2023 Goals:
Completed goals: 44%
In progress goals: 56%
Still waiting goals: 0%
- Finish formatting light shines; shadow falls. This starts in earnest next week.
Resume sharing excerpts on #8sentencesunday. Set earning goals for Q1 and monthly.
- Meet earning goals for January. I’m currently at $937.50 for the month. So. Very. Close!
Set booking goals for Q1 and monthly.
- Meet booking goals for January. One booking done; one to go.
- Complete Lesson 15 of How to Revise Your Novel. Should be done by week’s end.
Launch and publicize newsletter.
- Create a basic marketing/content plan for the year. I’ve got my content baskets; brainstormed topics; and a basic structure. For the last few days of the month, I’ll set up a bit of a schedule for the rest of the winter season, and call this goal done.
And, with January fading out and February waiting in the wings, it’s time for…
February 2023 Goals:
- Publish light shines; shadow falls on KDP.
- Begin marketing light shines; shadow falls.
- Continue sharing excerpts on #8sentencesunday until the story or round is finished.
- Adapt earning goals for February if necessary.
- Meet earning goals for February.
- Meet booking goals for February.
- Complete Lesson 16 of How to Revise Your Novel.
- Begin Lesson 17 of How to Revise Your Novel.
- Publicize and add biweekly content to my newsletter and site blog.
- Build out a content posting schedule through February and March.
- Follow through on the posting schedule for February.
And now, the longer-term goals…
Q1 Goals: I’ll update these at the end of each month.
- Format and publish light shines; shadow falls.
- Share excerpts on #8sentencesunday until finished or end of quarter.
- Meet earning goals for Q1.
- Meet booking goals for Q1.
- Complete Lessons 15-17 of How to Revise Your Novel.
Launch and publicize newsletter ;publish biweekly content.
- Create a basic marketing/content plan for the year.
Writing/Business Goals for 2023: I’ll update these at the end of each quarter.
- Publish and market light shines; shadow falls.
- Earn 3x what I did last year (a little over 30k).
- Market and fully book QtQ programs.
- Finish How to Revise Your Novel.
- Engage/connect/interact with clients, potential clients, and readers.
And that’s all I have for now.
Shan… when you get the chance…. would you send me an original (unedited) version of that cup picture? It… fits. I’ll pay you in coffee if it helps (hopefully there’s also a chance of some happy conversation to go with the coffee).
Otherwise, it looks like you’re still making grea instrides
Yes. I can find it. I’m pretty sure it’s in my FB – a pic from a coffee shop we visited in Oregon.
If I don’t send it to you by Sunday, please nudge me. I won’t be able to get to it before Thursday evening at the earliest.
Thank you. It’s lovely, and fits so well.
Lost track of this – but just sent you the image.
Comments are closed.