Hey there, ROW80 friends!
I missed our first midweek update, but I’m here for the second! There’s a long story about how we lost all the power to our house on Monday morning and how that led to discovering and repairing our internet issue, but it also led to a loss of sleep, so I’m going to save that for my end of week update…
For this round, I decided to work on the business-oriented goals first, the writing-oriented goals next, then whatever else is on my list. That’s been a bit off since the internet issues began, though, since I was prioritizing client care whenever I had internet access.
I plan to get back to my biz/writing/other prioritizing next week. The rest of this one might be a bit of a scramble, and there will need to be catch-up sleep, too.
All in all, it’s been a good week for me so far, even with all the weirdness. I’m building on my Week One success, and working toward my January/Q1 goals. So here’s how Week Two is looking so far.
Week Two Goals:
Completed goals: 40%
In progress goals: 50%
Still waiting goals: 10%
Complete the KDP formatting tutorial. ONLINE. Done! It wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be, and now I know where to find help if/when I need it during the formatting process.
- Schedule my next #8sentencesunday excerpt for 1/22/23 and share in linky list. ONLINE, WITH OFFLINE PREP. I’ve pulled the excerpt and written what I can of the text to go with it. My offline prep is therefore just about done, and this will be my next personal project to come up in my online rotation.
- Decide on spring rate increase for Robin; send notification. OFFLINE FOR PREP; ONLINE FOR NOTIFICATION. I have a base increase amount in mind for spring; but she may want to up her scope, and, if so, I’ll offer her a different rate for that, starting with her next invoice in February.
- Try to set up a chat with Nikki; share and post in Sacred Biz Rebels and Spirit Sanctorium. ONLINE. I’ve made the first steps to set up the chat, and posted a response or two in Sacred Biz Rebels.
Check in with Camille and Joni about Quiet the Quagmire booking. ONLINE. Checked in with both. Joni is ready to book this week, so I’ll be drawing up her work agreement and invoice in the next day or so. That leaves me just one January space to fill! =)
- Complete Lesson 15 of How to Revise Your Novel. OFFLINE. Saving this until I’ve moved through a few of the other things I’m working on now that our internet is back and reliable; it should only take an hour or two.
- Finish branding and add my freebie to my site; update nurture sequence buttons in ConvertKit. ONLINE. Looked up how to embed the pdf once branded; here’s that link in case I need it again later.
- Create Izzi’s video testimonial template and Joni’s testimonial; share Joni’s to FB and Twitter. ONLINE. Found a template to build on for Izzi; finished everything on Joni’s but the image, which I need to ask her for. I’ll send her the template for approval at the same time.
Reach out to Lillian re: exit interview completion. ONLINE.Done. This was a quick IM, just a reminder.
Create three basic content baskets for the year; brainstorm topics for each one for 11:11. OFFLINE.My three baskets are Learning; Connection; and Let Me Help. I’ve completed brainstorming for all of them, and I got a lot more ideas written down than I expected to! Next up will be sorting them into some form of structure to work from.
If you’re wondering how these weekly goals fit into my larger goals, here are those lists. Bolded items are in progress or completed.
January 2023 Goals:
Completed goals: 33%
In progress goals: 67%
Still waiting goals: 0%
- Finish formatting light shines; shadow falls. This starts in earnest next week.
Resume sharing excerpts on #8sentencesunday. Set earning goals for Q1 and monthly.
- Meet earning goals for January. I’m currently at $750 for the month so far, with a booking imminent.
Set booking goals for Q1 and monthly.
- Meet booking goals for January. A booking is imminent, leaving one to secure by month’s end.
- Complete Lesson 15 of How to Revise Your Novel. Should be done by week’s end.
- Launch and publicize newsletter. Moving forward with setting up nurture sequence.
- Create a basic marketing/content plan for the year. I’ve got my content baskets and brainstormed topics; next week, I’ll start building out the structure.
Q1 Goals: I will update percentages at the end of each month.
- Format and publish light shines; shadow falls.
- Share excerpts on #8sentencesunday until finished or end of quarter.
- Meet earning goals for Q1.
- Meet booking goals for Q1.
- Complete Lessons 15-17 of How to Revise Your Novel.
- Launch and publicize newsletter; publish biweekly content.
- Create a basic marketing/content plan for the year.
Writing/Business Goals for 2023: I will update percentages at the end of each quarter.
- Publish and market light shines; shadow falls.
- Earn 3x what I did last year (a little over 30k).
- Market and fully book QtQ programs.
- Finish How to Revise Your Novel.
- Engage/connect/interact with clients, potential clients, and readers.
And that’s all I have for now. I’m still planning to make a Trello board for these goals this week or next, so I can track them easily, but that’s another online project, and the goals come first. Once I do, I’ll share that here, as well.
How are your goals going? Do you have a favorite project? Is there a specific win you’re celebrating, or a challenge you’d like cheering on for?
Excellent progress. And I love that picture you took of the stairs at Northshire! I agree about finding the beauty in the most unusual places.
So glad you’re making progress on your goals and an issue turned out to be a good thing that helped you fix the internet. I hope you can catch up on sleep ASAP, though!
Thanks, Julie! I just slept about 8 hours, I think. First time in quite some days… of course, then I got up and needed to get a fire going and take the dogs out into the gloppy rain-snow falling outside…
But, hey, I have internet! =)
Comments are closed.