I’m going to keep it short and sweet this time. Tomorrow is my daughter’s fifteenth birthday, I have the first of three freelancing assignments for the week, and I start a new dogtending gig – so time is precious, and then some, right now….so away we go!
20/25 completed; 80%
4/25 in progress; 16%
1/25 still waiting; 4%
I install the 12 Week Year as my “operating system” for goal setting and execution.
3/4 completed; 75%
1/4 in progress; 25%
0/4 still waiting; 0%
I complete the 12 Week Year goalsetting process and execute.
- I create my goals, tactics, and Q1 Action Plans. About 60% A bit too ambitious for opening week.
- I block my time Monday-Thursday. 100% This worked very well.
I conduct a WAM (Weekly Accountability Meeting) and after-action review each Saturday night with my accountability partner(s).
- I score my week. 100%
- I meet ReGi and possibly Lauren for our Weekly Action Meeting. 100%
I complete 3 major hometending projects.
5/5 completed; 100%
0/5 in progress; 0%
0/5 still waiting; 0%
I complete my base bedroom reset. (This means all furniture and shelving will be moved/installed/repaired/upgraded, and the space decluttered and organized).
- Clear corner; get serial number from safe; initiate decluttering of workstation surface. 100%
I clean and maintain the front yard and driveway. (This means removing clutter, organizing, weeding, and mowing as needed).
- I take photos and email junk removal company for an estimate. 100%
- I weed front flowerbed. 100%
I clean, declutter, and organize the dining room and kitchen, creating a more purposeful space. (This means the floor by the door has been patched; fridge, freezer, pantry, cupboards, and drawers are organized, all shelves are clean and things are in sensible places with no clutter; prep is done for the kitchen reset; dining room is ready to be used for – yeah, DINING!)
- Brainstorm steps needed to complete floor patching. 100%
- Replace dish drainer and clean counter beneath. 100%
I complete 3 major administrative projects.
5/6 completed; 83%
1/6 in progress; 17%
0/6 still waiting; 0%
I complete Lise’s end of year/beginning of year homeschool administration.
- Order CAT Survey Test. 100%
- Examine all materials upon receipt. 100%
I get all vehicle titles/insurance transferred into my name and make decisions about what to do with the truck and motorcycle.
- I gather marriage and Jim’s notarized death certificates. 100%
- I begin gathering vehicle titles. 100%
I thoroughly assess our finances and set up a 60%/30%/10% budget.
- I track June fixed PayPal expenses.
- I track grocery spending. 75% (know ballpark; need to look at receipts and record).
I complete all scheduled assignments/revisions and submit to two scaffolded markets.
2/2 completed; 100%
0/2 in progress; 0%
0/2 still waiting; 0%
I complete all assigned articles for the Greenwich Press/Salem Review, and request back payment for articles already submitted.
- I request overdue payment from editor. 100%
I submit to one new, scaffolded fiction and one new, scaffolded non-fiction market.
- I begin gathering resources for potential markets. 100%
I complete my 3 novels-in-progress begun in 2017.
1/4 completed; 25%
3/4 in progress; 75%
0/4 still waiting; 0%
I complete the first draft of the Kifo Island prequel The Last House.
- I reread the last three scenes I wrote. 3/3; 100%
- I write 3,333 words on this draft. Actual count:1,176/3,333 words; 35% Too many irons in the fire planning and learning left little mental energy for creation.
I complete the first draft of the Trueborn novel, Solemates.
- I write 3,333 words on this draft. Actual count:2,264/3,333 words; 68% See above.
I complete the first draft of the Kifo Island novel Still Nameless.
- I reread through Scene 15. Reread 12/15; 80% Being busy away from home made finishing a little harder.
I complete DIY-MFA -101.
4/4 completed; 100%
0/4 in progress; 0%
0/4 still waiting; 0%
I complete all back modules – currently,
finishing Module 5, and doing Modules 6 and 7.
- I complete Module Five. 100%
- I complete Module Six; Videos 1 and 2. 100%
I resume Ambassadorial duties, with major apologies, and spend at least an hour a week in related activities from weeks 2-4.
- I make an apology post. 100%
- I interact on FB group page. 100%
Want to be accountable for your personal writing (and other) goals?
Find us on Facebook, at our blog, and at the #ROW80 Twitter hashtag!
Till next time!