As I noted in the title, this is my freelance week. I attend three local government meetings and write articles for a small paper. Additionally, my daughter’s quarterly homeschool report is due at the end of the week.
So other goals will be taking a backseat to these as I work on these assignments first. I’m getting some words in and doing a bit of hometending. I expect to get more of these done as the week progresses.
Sometimes, that’s how it goes…
But, for now – here’s where I am.
Completed: 1/21; 5%
In Progress: 13/21; 62%
Still Waiting: 7/21; 33%
Completed: 0/5; 0%
In Progress: 3/5; 60%
Still Waiting: 2/5; 40%
I tend to the needs of my body, mind, and soul.
I devote one hour to physical activity five days weekly by the end of Round Two/Year Seven.
- I carry my phone with me when I am active.
- I take a hike with my dog and invite the kids.
- I track my activity for this week.
- I go to the Y once this week.
I devote time daily to mindfulness training by the end of Round Two/Year Seven.
- I do the One-Minute Meditation five times, and add She Let Go (a two-minute meditative poem) twice, as I sit on my meditation cushions. 4/5; 0/2.
Completed: 0/2; 0%
In Progress: 2/2; 100%
Still Waiting: 0/2; 0%
I create a home environment that sparks joy, nurtures creativity, and affords sanctuary.
I complete one home maintenance task weekly.
- I select and complete one item this week. Call for a junk removal estimate appointment.
I complete Phase One of my bedroom reset (move bed, patch hole in floor, move dresser).
- I complete preparations for Phase One. I’m nearly ready for this; it’s taken longer than I intended, but solid progress has been made this week.
Completed: 0/3; 0%
In Progress: 2/3; 50%
Still Waiting: 1/3; 50%
I create a routine and streamlined systems that maximize return on investments of time, money, energy, and attention.
I account for my 12 Week Year Progress.
- I conduct my Week 11 Accountability Meeting.
I assist both kids with projects they can’t complete on their own.
- I return our broken, warranteed Fire devices. Labels printed; devices gathered and packed.
- I complete Lise’s homeschool report and submit it to the school district. 3/14 sections drafted.
Completed: 0/1; 0%
In Progress: 1/1; 100%
Still Waiting: 0/1; 0%
I build a library of fiction and non-fiction material as I move toward a financially sustainable and personally meaningful writing career.
I complete Story a Day May.
I add 50,000 words to work(s) in progress for JuNoWriMo.
- I write 2,222/day on average. My current count is 12,871. I’m creeping along, but it’s still progress.
Completed: 1/8; 12%
In Progress: 3/8; 38%
Still Waiting: 4/8; 50%
I scaffold my writing career through current and new assignments, volunteering, platform building, and marketing.
I submit my three assigned freelance articles each month, and pitch two new freelance markets and five additional articles by the end of the round.
- I attend three town/village board meetings. 2/3 complete.
- I write the Town of Saratoga article and submit to my editor.
- I outline the Village of Victory article.
- I choose a final local event to attend during this round.
I volunteer for ROW80, JuNoWriMo, Pixels to Platform, and as a DIY-MFA 101 Ambassador.
- I update the ROW80 Facebook page with twice weekly update, #TBT, and Feed Me Friday threads.
- I check in with my ROW80 Accountability Partner, Kathy Pulver, as we arrange and have our weekly sprinting session.
- I update the Pixels to Platform Facebook thread on Friday.
- I attend video chats and appear at least 3 times on the DIY-MFA 101 Facebook page in my role as Ambassador.
Completed: 0/2; 0%
In Progress: 2/2; 50%
Still Waiting: 0/2; 50%
I continue targeted learning which will advance my writing career.
I review/move forward with DIY-MFA 101, and explore something from the DIY-MFA HUB weekly.
- I choose one DIY-MFA HUB webinar, interview, forum thread, or live call to explore, and follow through.
- I complete DIY-MFA 101 Module One and Two About two-thirds through Module One.
Want to be accountable for your personal writing (and other) goals?
Find us on Facebook, at our blog, and at the #ROW80 Twitter hashtag!
Till Next Time…