This week began with an abscessed tooth that arrived just in time for Mother’s Day, and contained my three assigned local government meetings, way too much dirty laundry (in the literal sense), a historical portrayal of Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton, grocery shopping, and many attempts to mow the front lawn, most of which were stymied by rain that just kept coming….
It was a black hole that seemed to suck up all my intentions and motivation.
Needless to say, it wasn’t the best week for charging ahead with my pared-down list of mountains to climb. This next week will be about catching up and moving forward. Thankfully, the meetings are over, my tooth is feeling better, and I’m starting to find my rhythm again. Oh, and we finally got that lawn mowed!
How do you reset when life complicates your plans?
Completed: 4/19; 21%
In Progress: 12/19; 63%
Still Waiting: 3/19; 16%
Completed: 1/3; 34%
In Progress: 2/3; 66%
Still Waiting: 0/3; 0%
Overarching Objective: I tend to the needs of my body, mind, and soul.
I make and keep a dentist’s appointment and treat my abscessed tooth.
I devote one hour to physical activity five days weekly by the end of Round Two/Year Seven.
- I carry my phone with me when I am active to track my activity. Not always, but mostly.
I devote ten minutes daily to mindfulness training by the end of Round Two/Year Seven.
- I do the One-Minute Meditation five times, and add She Let Go (a two-minute meditative poem) once, as I sit on my meditation cushions). 2/5 for One-Minute; 0/1 for She Let Go.
Completed: 1/1; 100%
In Progress: 0/1; 0%
Still Waiting: 0/1; 0%
Overarching Objective: I create a home environment that sparks joy, nurtures creativity, and affords sanctuary.
I resume A Year to Clear What is Holding You Back three days weekly.
I complete one home maintenance task weekly (list to follow).
- I select and complete one item from the task list each week. The weather was very challenging, but the front yard is finally mowed!
Completed: 0/3; 0%
In Progress: 1/3; 34%
Still Waiting: 2/3; 66%
I create a routine and streamlined systems that maximize return on investments of time, money, energy, and attention.
I complete the entire 12 Week Year goalsetting and accountability process.
- I conduct my Week 7 Accountability Meeting with ReGi.
Completed: 0/2; 0%
In Progress: 2/2; 100%
Still Waiting: 0/2; 0%
Overarching Objective: I build a library of fiction and non-fiction material as I move toward a financially sustainable and personally meaningful writing career.
I complete Story a Day May.
- I allocate a strategic block for story creation each day of May. 3/7.
- I complete one rough draft story on average each day, to the posted prompt(s). 3/7.
Completed: 2/10; 20%
In Progress: 7/10; 70%
Still Waiting: 1/10; 10%
Overarching Objective: I scaffold my writing career through current and new assignments, volunteering, platform building, and marketing.
I submit my three assigned freelance articles each month, and pitch two new freelance markets and five additional articles by the end of the round.
- I confirm the times/location of each meeting and print agendas if posted.
- I attend the meetings as assigned.
- I draft, research, revise, and submit my articles, using the templates I’ve created to streamline the process. 1/3 complete; another in progress.
- I choose four local events to attend during this round. 2/4.
- I attend those events, write articles about them, and pitch them to my current or other local editors. 1/4 attended; initial feelers put out.
I volunteer for ROW80, JuNoWriMo, Pixels to Platform, and as a DIY-MFA 101 Ambassador.
- I update the ROW80 Facebook page with twice weekly update, #TBT, and Feed Me Friday threads.
- I check in with my ROW80 Accountability Partner, Kathy Pulver, as we arrange.
- I update the Pixels to Platform Facebook thread each Friday.
- I assist with the creation of JuNoWriMo pep talk intros.
- I attend video chats and appear at least 3 times weekly on the DIY-MFA 101 Facebook page in my role as Ambassador. 2/3 times.
Want to be accountable for your personal writing (and other) goals?
Find us on Facebook, at our blog, and at the #ROW80 Twitter hashtag!
Till Next Time…