I’ve been a bit distracted the last day or two. Emotional times tend to do that to me, and Saturday will mark one year since my husband and Accomplice in Mischief died of metastatic pancreatic cancer.
I’ve been spending a bit more time with the kids and the dogs. On Friday, I have a coffee date with an old friend from my Starfleet days (early 20s). We haven’t seen each other for decades and reconnected completely accidentally via a mutual friend’s Facebook timeline.
I’ve taken a couple of spontaneous webinars, too – but all of this doesn’t keep me from feeling the Jim-sized hollow in my life and my soul.
When we have the sunshine of love, we have to accept the possibility of shadow. May you hold those you love close, and cherish them, this week and always.
Will you do that, for yourself?
Midweek 2 Totals
Completed: 17/62; 27%
In Progress: 28/62; 46%
Still Waiting: 17/62; 27%
Completed: 6/20; 30%
In Progress: 10/20; 50%
Still Waiting: 4/20; 20%
- I complete a 250 meter swim.
- I resume a Tuesday or Thursday tai chi class.
- I take phone and chart average steps for Noli’s main walk routes. 1/4.
- I read Chapters 11-16 of Intuitive Eating.
- I develop a method for recording sleep times, as well as a backup method.
- I continue three-step routine: pajamas; brush teeth; read from Sleep or another small inspirational book (Zen; Be Calm; Be More Sloth); at least 5 times this week. 2/4.
- I read Chop Wood, Carry Water, Chapters 6-10 ; pp 105-203.
- I set a 4 hour Breakout Block in each week’s schedule.
- I honor my #AllStarTrek time.
- I play with one or both kids weekly, as desired.
- I play with the dogs daily.
- I schedule family play activities such as bowling, swimming, lazer tag, arcade time, as we wish.
- I explore the Action mandala and essay from Paths to Wholeness.
- I create a place to sit and begin using my meditation cushions.
- I touch base with my Slack group six days weekly (not just for accountability, but for community).
- I interact regularly on #AllStarTrek.
- I reach out to other online groups I am part of.
- I touch base I make a monthly “date” to spend time with a friend in real life.
- with my kids daily.
- I spend time just being with the dogs, and the cats as they will have me.
Completed: 1/6; 17%
In Progress: 5/6; 83%
Still Waiting: 0/6; 0%
- I call the plumber, discuss changes (no toilet; add hot water heater leak), and schedule repairs/upgrades.
- I schedule time to clean light fixtures/shower doors.
- We complete daily master hometending list items once this week.
- I encourage the kids to take an active role in assisting with these tasks.
- I review and complete my Room by Room Rubric (5/8 rooms completed last Year/round).
A Year to Clear What Is Holding You Back:
- I complete Lessons 14 (where I left off) and 15, and share Lessons 13-15 on the forums.
Hands-on Daddy! November, 2004.
Completed: 7/19; 37%
In Progress: 7/19; 37%
Still Waiting: 5/19; 26%
- Clear email inbox from 1,105 – 999 messages.
- Unsubscribe to what is no longer relevant.
- Respond/save/file as needed.
- Organize Employment folders/ files coherently.
- Create separate Archive Folder for Jim’s stuff.
- I create a Bog Crossing List for items that suck my energy.
- Research/organize budget info.
- Create an envelope for eating out (our biggest spur-of-the moment expense).
- Conduct my weekly financial meeting at the dining room table.
- Ask Miah if he’d like to keep track of our receipts and tally them on a weekly basis.
- Explain the 60% plan to both kids in more detail.
- Complete Year 6/Round One goalsetting.
- Complete 59% of my Week 2 Action Plans; by category, and in entirety.
- Complete my Week 2 WAM with ReGi.
- Check in at Slack 6 days/week; ROW80 2 days/week.
- Meet with my ROW80 Accountability partner as arranged.
The Stuff of Life:
- Make call to editor in regards to part time reporter job she offered.
- List all other income-building efforts in progress – simmer I want to put my focus.
Completed: 1/5; 20%
In Progress: 1/5; 20%
Still Waiting: 3/5; 60%
- Add 333 words each my to four fan fiction side stories in progress.
- Add 1,111 words to Unpromised, my fan fiction novel in progress.
- Rough revise two chapters of
- Post one new chapter of Unpromised to ff.net.
- Reread my Kifo Island WIP, The Last House.
Completed: 2/9; 22%
In Progress: 3/9; 33%
Still Waiting: 4/9; 44%
- I complete Pixels to Platform Module Four, Video 2 Play Sheets.
- I draft, revise, format, finish, post, and share a Just Jot It January post for each day this session.
- I revise, format, finish, post, and share my Try It Tuesday post for this week.
- I share the post or elements of it to Instagram, Unschooling fb group(s); and Tweet it twice more before the end of the week.
- I do relevant research, draft, format, finish, and schedule next week’s post.
- I do research for and draft 1/22 post.
- I complete initial research on creating a Curriculum Vitae.
- I research how to get Google Analytics is up and running on my website.
- I network via Albany NNWM, ROW80, #AllStarTrek, Pixels to Platform, DIY-MFA, unschooling, and FB proper; and through my daily life.
Anemones and my loves at the Invertebrate House, National Zoo, Washington, DC, 9/4/08.
Completed: 0/6; 0%
In Progress: 2/3; 66%
Still Waiting: 1/3; 34%
- I complete DIY-MFA 101 Module Five, Play Sheets 5.1.1-5.1.5.
- I complete How to Revise Your Novel Lesson 6/22 for pages 13/21 of my fanfiction novel, On Any Tuesday Night.
- I attend two webinars on public speaking. 1/2.
Want to be accountable for your personal writing (and other) goals?
Find us on Facebook, at our blog, and at the #ROW80 Twitter hashtag!
Till next time…