We’re seven days into the first Round of Words of 2019, and the first week of both the round, and my sixth 12 Week Year –have ended.
I’m cruising along. I’ve made progress on most of my Week One Action Plan and finished over half of it. It’s a learning process – I consistently set goals that are beyond my ability to attain. Honoring both my ambition and my reality is the underlying goal I’m embracing through everything else.
What’s your greatest challenge when it comes to reaching your goals?
Week One Totals:
Completed: 33/59; 56%
In Progress: 17/59; 29%
Still Waiting: 9/59; 15%
Completed: 19/24; 79%
In Progress: 5/24; 21%
Still Waiting: 0/24; 0%
Body (9 items):
- I complete a 200 meter swim.
- I reread Intuitive Eating through Chapter 7; 28%.
- I assess approximate number of whole grains currently consumed.
- I assess approximate number of vegetables/fruits currently consumed.
- I assess approximate amount of fish/seafood currently consumed.
- I assess approximate amount of water currently consumed.
- I assess approximate number of self-prepared meals/snacks currently consumed.
- I establish a three-step sleep routine: pajamas; brush teeth; read one section from Sleep, applying if possible.
- I use naps as needed. This goal has changed – I seem to be back to my more typical 6 hours of sleep and doing fine.
Mind (6 items):
- I read Chop Wood, Carry Water through Chapter 5, Family; 104/287 pages.
- I set a 4 hour Breakout Block in this week’s schedule.
- I honor my #AllStarTrek time.
- I play with one or both kids weekly, as desired.
- I play with the dogs daily (unless not at home).
- I ask both kids what play activity they’d like to do as a family this month or early next. We consider the choices, choose one, and schedule.
Soul (9 items):
- I read front matter and explore the Acceptance section of Paths to Wholeness.
- I create a place to sit and begin using my meditation cushions.
- I touch base with my Slack group six days this week (not just for accountability, but for community).
- I interact regularly on #AllStarTrek (Voyager and Enterprise, as possible).
- I reach out to DIY-MFA 101 fb group and three unschooling FB groups this week.
- I make plans to spend in-person time with at least two unschooling mom friends while Lise and I are at the winter waterpark gathering January 15-17.
- I touch base with both kids daily.
- We decide together how/if we want to mark the anniversary of Jim’s death.
- I spend time just being with the dogs, and the cats as they will have me.
Completed: 2/4; 50%
In Progress: 1/4; 25%
Still Waiting: 1/4; 25%
- We complete all daily items on the master hometending list one day this week. (this is a #babysteps goal; we want to make a habit of these, so starting slowly and building from there).
- I ask kids to help in person as seems appropriate.
- I post this goal to Discord family server and follow up with both kids.
- I do A Year to Clear What’s Holding You Back lessons 14 and 15 this week.
Completed: 8/16; 50%
In Progress: 5/16; 31%
Still Waiting: 3/16; 19%
Administration (5 items):
- Clear email inbox from 1416 messages to 1,111. 1,248 at the moment.
- Unsubscribe to anything in those messages that is no longer relevant.
- Make a schedule for organizing One Drive files.
- Add schedule to calendar.
- Email school district about legality concerns in the form they sent.
- Organize budget info I’ve gathered to this point.
- Create a cash envelope to cover meals ordered/eaten away from home. No envelope yet, but first $80 allocated.
- Schedule and hold first Tuesday financial meeting at dining room table so kids can participate if they wish.
- Pay bills as needed. Began the setup for this.
- Explain the 60% plan to kids. Initial discussion – need to go more in depth, maybe on Discord.
- Complete Year 6/Round One goalsetting.
- Complete Year 5/Round Four evaluation.
Complete Week 1 WAM with ReGi.
- Check in at Slack 6 days/week; ROW80 2 days/week.
- Make arrangements with my ROW80 Accountability partner and honor them.
The Stuff of Life:
- Look into part time reporter job – touch base with editor.
Completed: 49/7; 57%
In Progress: 0/7; 0%
Still Waiting: 3/7; 43%
- Finish revisions for “R.I.P. Left Shoe” and moon poetry.
- Submit to Pub 518 Influence of the Moon anthology by 12/31/18.
- Add 333 words each to Enterprise fan fiction side stories: “A Beagle’s Bedside Manner”; “Arachnid Nebula”; “Love and Loss”; and “Parted from Me”.
- Add 1,111 words to Unpromised; my Enterprise fan fiction WIP.
- Rough revise and post next five chapters of Unpromised to ff.net.
- Pull five more Unpromised chapters: skim, title, save, and add to revision queue.
- Reread The Last House, one of my two Kifo Island WIPs from 2017.
Completed: 0/6; 0%
In Progress: 4/6; 67%
Still Waiting: 2/6; 33%
- Complete Pixels to Platform (remainder of Module Four).
- Create an editorial calendar for January 2019.
- Schedule time to work on TryIt Tuesday posts; production; and publishing…batching is best.
- Research Curriculum Vitae; list my relevant experience.
- Configure Google Analytics for my website.
- Network via DIY-MFA 101, Pixels to Platform, ROW80 and Albany NNWM, and through my daily life, via write-in and #AllStarTrek.
Completed: 0/2; 0%
In Progress: 2/2; 100%
Still Waiting: 0/2; 0%
- Complete DIY-MFA 101 (complete Module 5 Video One play sheets; Watch Video 2; skim play sheets).
- Complete How to Revise Your Novel Lesson 6, using On Any Tuesday Night, pp
Want to be accountable for your personal writing (and other) goals?
Find us on Facebook, at our blog, and at the #ROW80 Twitter hashtag!