We’re two days into the first Round of Words of 2019, and the first check-in of both the round, and this 12 Week Year – my sixth.
I can’t say I’ve attained warp speed yet, but I’m gaining momentum. I was originally worried that having a submission goal so early in the round would put too much pressure on me. Instead, it focused me. Not only did I get the submission in with about 3 hours to spare, I completed a revision that significantly improved the draft, and I did it without any panic.
The early success has buoyed me. I’m on my way.
How are you doing with your goals?
Week One Totals:
Completed: 14/59; 24%
In Progress: 23/59; 39%
Still Waiting: 22/59; 37%
Completed: 10/24; 42%
In Progress: 9/24; 38%
Still Waiting: 5/24; 20%
Body (9 items):
- I complete a 200 meter swim.
- I reread Intuitive Eating through Chapter 7; 28%.
- I assess approximate number of whole grains currently consumed.
- I assess approximate number of vegetables/fruits currently consumed.
- I assess approximate amount of fish/seafood currently consumed.
- I assess approximate amount of water currently consumed.
- I assess approximate number of self-prepared meals/snacks currently consumed.
- I establish a three-step sleep routine: pajamas; brush teeth; read one section from Sleep, applying if possible.
- I use naps as needed to reach 8 hours of sleep 1 day this week.
Mind (6 items):
- I read Chop Wood, Carry Water through Chapter 5, Family; 104/287 pages.
- I set a 4 hour Breakout Block in this week’s schedule.
- I honor my #AllStarTrek time.
- I play with one or both kids weekly, as desired.
- I play with the dogs daily (unless not at home).
- I ask both kids what play activity they’d like to do as a family this month or early next. We consider the choices, choose one, and schedule.
Soul (9 items):
- I read front matter and explore the Acceptance section of Paths to Wholeness.
- I create a place to sit and begin using my meditation cushions.
- I touch base with my Slack group six days this week (not just for accountability, but for community).
I interact regularly on #AllStarTrek (Voyager and Enterprise, as possible).
- I reach out to DIY-MFA 101 fb group and three unschooling FB groups this week.
- I make plans to spend in-person time with at least two unschooling mom friends while Lise and I are at the winter waterpark gathering January 15-17.
I touch base with both kids daily.
- We decide together how/if we want to mark the anniversary of Jim’s death.
I spend time just being with the dogs,and the cats as they will have me.
Completed: 1/4; 0%
In Progress: 1/4; 50%
Still Waiting: 2/4; 50%
- We complete all daily items on the master hometending list one day this week. (this is a #babysteps goal; we want to make a habit of these, so starting slowly and building from there).
I ask kids to help as seems appropriate.
- I post this goal to Discord family server and follow up with both kids.
- I do A Year to Clear What’s Holding You Back lessons 14 and 15 this week.
Completed: 1/16; 6%
In Progress: 8/16; 50%
Still Waiting: 7/16; 44%
Administration (5 items):
- Clear email inbox from 1,416 messages to 1,111. (1,298).
- Unsubscribe to anything in those messages that is no longer relevant.
- Make a schedule for organizing One Drive files.
- Add schedule to calendar.
- Email school district about legality concerns in the form they sent.
Budget: 5 items):
- Organize budget info I’ve gathered to this point.
- Create a cash envelope to cover meals ordered/eaten away from home.
- Schedule and hold first Tuesday financial meeting at dining room table so kids can participate if they wish.
- Pay bills as needed.
- Explain the 60% plan to kids.
- Complete Year 6/Round One goalsetting.
- Complete Year 5/Round Four evaluation.
- Complete Week 1 WAM with ReGi.
- Check in at Slack 6 days/week; ROW80 2 days/week.
- Make arrangements with my ROW80 Accountability partner and honor them.
The Stuff of Life:
- Look into part time reporter job – touch base with editor.
Completed: 2/7; 29%
In Progress: 1/7; 14%
Still Waiting: 4/7; 57%
- Finish revisions for “R.I.P. Left Shoe” and moon poetry.
- Submit to Pub 518 Influence of the Moon anthology by 12/31/18.
- Add 333 words each to Enterprise fan fiction side stories: “A Beagle’s Bedside Manner”; “Arachnid Nebula”; “Love and Loss”; and “Parted from Me”.
- Add 1,111 words to Unpromised; my Enterprise fan fiction WIP.
- Rough revise and post next five chapters of Unpromised to ff.net.
- Pull five more Unpromised chapters: skim, title, save, and add to revision queue.
- Reread The Last House, one of my two Kifo Island WIPs from 2017.
Completed: 0/6; 0%
In Progress: 4/6; 67%
Still Waiting: 2/6; 33%
- Complete Pixels to Platform:remainder of Module Four.
- Create an editorial calendar for January 2019.
- Schedule time to work on TryIt Tuesday posts; production; and publishing…batching is best.
- Research Curriculum Vitae; list my relevant experience.
- Configure Google Analytics for my website.
- Network via DIY-MFA 101, Pixels to Platform,
ROW80and Albany NNWM, a nd through my daily life, via write-in and #AllStarTrek.
Completed: 0/2; 0%
In Progress: 0/2; 0%
Still Waiting: 2/2; 100%
- Complete DIY-MFA 101 (complete Module 5 Video One play sheets; Watch Video 2; skim play sheets).
- Complete How to Revise Your Novel Lesson 6, using On Any Tuesday Night, pp 9-40.
Want to be accountable for your personal writing (and other) goals?
Find us on Facebook, at our blog, and at the #ROW80 Twitter hashtag!