Yup, it’s that time again – time for a new 12 Week Year, a brand new Round of Words in 80 Days … and a brand new year.
For me, that also means it’s time to unveil a new #oneword to guide me through the next 365 days. This year, my word is EMBRACE.
I intend to embrace all of life – the joys and the sorrows, the highs and lows. The order and the chaos, lovely and otherwise.
Along with that, I embrace possibility, including the possibility of creating a life that is only a vague dream right now.
Which means embracing a new set of goals and targets.
How do you welcome a new year?
If you choose one word to define your year, what is yours?
This Year/round, I have 6 goals, broken down into 55 targets.
I tend to the needs of my body, mind, and soul by creating, maintaining, assessing, and adapting action plans for each.
- I increase my physical activity by resuming and building endurance in swimming, tai chi, weight training, and steps walked per day.
- I improve my health by assessing my current food habits and adapting them to provide better nourishment.
- I honor my need for rest.
- I prioritize mindfulness learning.
- I honor the need for play: for myself, for my family, and for the dogs.
- I resume and strengthen my meditation practice.
- I prioritize connection with others.
I oversee home repairs, maintenance, and improvements; develop a sustainable hometending routine; and continue learning to address my deeper clutter issues.
- I schedule, oversee, and pay for plumbing repairs.
- I get an electrician’s estimate.
- I clean furnace filter, ceiling fan, light fixtures, and shower doors.
- I research flooring repair and cabinet installation costs.
- I research/budget for new or gently used dryer and stove.
- I establish a routine for daily, every other day, twice weekly, and weekly master hometending list items.
- I encourage the kids to take an active role in assisting with these tasks.
- I complete and employ my Room by Room rubric weekly (5/8 sections completed at round/Year opening).
A Year to Clear What Is Holding You Back:
- I pick up on Day 14 (where I left off) and do a lesson five days weekly by the end of the round.
I organize my life and implement changes that allow me to effectively use my time and energy.
- Clear email inbox.
- Organize all OneDrive files coherently.
- Complete Lise’s 2nd quarter report/ attendance log.
- I read and organize the budget information I’ve gathered.
- Create a cash-budget envelope for dining out (our biggest spur-of-the moment expense).
- Conduct weekly Tuesday financial sessions at the dining room table and invite the kids to participate.
- Tally up all regular and recurring expenses.
- Begin applying the 60% plan.
- Read Prosperity for Writers; begin applying principles.
Complete Year 6/Round One goalsetting.
- Break down goals into Week by Week Action Plans.
- Complete Year 5/Round Four evaluation.
- Complete all WAMs with ReGi.
- Check in at Slack 6 days/week; ROW80 2 days/week.
- Meet with my ROW80 Accountability partner as arranged.
- Complete Obstacle/Contingencies on all Action Plan Steps.
- Complete my “Perfect Week.”
- Complete Week 4, 7, 10, and 13 quarterly evaluations.
The Stuff of Life:
- Look into part time reporter job.
- Consider other efforts in progress – where do I want to put my focus in 2019?
- Goal is to earn $1000/month before Miah ages out of SS on 9/2/19.
I plan, plot, draft, revise, and submit writing for market and for passion.
- Finish revisions for “R.I.P. Left Shoe” and moon poetry.
- Submit to Pub 518 Influence of the Moon anthology by 12/31/18.
- Develop outlines and production schedule for remainders of my three marketable novel WIPs: 2 Kifo Island and one Trueborn; all started in 2017.
- Continue adding to four Enterprise fan fiction side stories.
- Complete Unpromised (an Enterprise fan fiction novel WIP); continue rough revisions and posting.
I continue to learn, build a platform, and network as a foundation for eventual sales, and to offer content of value to my readers.
- Complete Pixels to Platform (remainder of Module Four, and Module Five).
- Brainstorm list of items to address on website/blog/other social media.
- Schedule time to address these items and honor it.
- Create an editorial calendar for 2019.
- Schedule time to work on posts; production; and publishing…batching is best.
- Make sure Google Analytics is up and running on my website.
- Design and order business cards/bookmarks.
- Create a Writing Curriculum Vitae.
- Network via professional groups and through my daily life.
- Begin posting my newsletter and related posts twice monthly, beginning in mid-January.
I focus on active learning that builds my professional writing and revision skills.
- Complete DIY-MFA 101 (currently beginning Module 5/10).
- Complete through Lesson 10/22 of How to Revise Your Novel (currently in beginning of Lesson 6).
- Interact in the HTRYN Class Forums at least once per lesson.
Want to be accountable for your personal writing (and other) goals?
Find us on Facebook, at our blog, and at the #ROW80 Twitter hashtag!