Hey there, fellow ROWers!
A busy week has ended, and another waits in the wings!
Between household events, writing coursework, and NaNoWriMo, it was a busy, busy week for me. I think my 12 Week Year goalsetting framework is helping, though, because I somehow managed to accomplish a good deal, despite many comings and goings. I completed nearly half of my Week Five goals, and another ten are in some stage of progress. At the end of the week, only three items weren’t started!
No, I didn’t finish everything, or even (quite) get to everything. But I was focused throughout the week on doing those things I deemed most important, and, even when life handed me more than a couple of surprise packages, I kept on moving.
For Week Six, I’m going to focus on fine-tuning this system. It will be another busy week, but not QUITE as busy as this one, although there will be a book fair and writing group today (Sunday), another write-in on Monday evening, and a visit with a friend, another write-in, and of course VOTING on Tuesday, and a final round of clothing purchases with my daughter on Wednesday before I get some down time toward the end of the week – which is when the plumbing estimate is scheduled, because into this fertile mix, home repairs must fall.
Every day, there will be coursework and NaNo – and The Rest Of Life.
What’s on tap for you this week?
Week 5: 24 Items Total
- 11/24; 46%
- 10/24; 42%
Not Yet Started:
- 3/24; 13%
I check in five days weekly with my Accountability Group, and twice weekly with ROW80.
- Checked in with group on Sunday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. 4/5; 80%
- Checked in with ROW80 Sunday and, well, Thursday. 2/2; 100%.
I complete my Action Plans for all goals.
- 5/6; 83%
I create lead/lag indicators and stress-level rubrics.
- I have stations, O, 5, and 10 assigned on the rubric. 10%
I learn how to score and plan my week.
- Some progress with assessing percentages. 25%
I find someone to exchange Weekly Action Meetings (WAMs) with.
- I will be meeting online with my friend ReGi on Saturday nights. 100%
I read the 12 Week Year coaching session for this week.
I score and plan each week.
- Making progress with the planning; scoring still weak. 20%
I schedule and conduct WAMs weekly.
- First WAM complete; 100%
I research plumbing and flooring – which comes first?
- It’s plumbing. 100%.
I ask kids for ideas on common space projects.
- A brief mention. 10%
I schedule a time each week to review my online calendar; adding and revising as needed.
- I do this just before my WAM meeting with ReGi; at 10:30pm Saturday. This makes sense because a new week starts every Sunday, and I will be at the computer already. Plus – no #AllStarTrek =more free time for administrative details! 100%.
I trim Noli’s nails.
- When trimming nails on my very food-motivated former stray, cheese is my best friend. She still hates and is afraid of the process, but this pit bull will do a lot for a few morsels of gouda! 100%
I clean Sapphire the betta fish’s tank.
- 1,867 100%
I maintain my personal NaNoWriMo word count goal of 2,000 words Thursday-Friday.
- 2,264 words Thursday; 2,551 100%
I double my word count at the Double Up Write-In on Saturday.
- 901 words short; I can live with that!
I write 222 words on one of my other fan fiction stories in progress on Thursday and Friday .
I write 888 words total between my other fan fiction stories in progress on Saturday.
I complete Pixels to Platform Module Two.
- Week 2/2, 1/3 blocks complete; 70%
I explore CSS, finding resources for tutorials.
- I found and saved three introductory tutorial sites. 100%
I resolve my font plug in issue.
- I have a verified API key. Next, I need to learn how to use the plugin. 100%
I resolve the blog name server issue with Tech Surgeons.
- It took a chain of emails, and working through two issues, but I can now access my site via both addresses. 100%
I submit my bio to 518 Publishing Company.
I complete Module Three of DIY-MFA 101.
- 4/8 blocks completed. 50%.