Hi there, ROWers and friends!
This week was sponsored by the letters W and C…
My main focuses this week were tending to tail-wagging canines and wrapping up a writing contest entry. I think the picture at the end of this post sums it all up nicely….
Is there a letter (or two) that represents your week?
Share it in the comments!
- Blue with Overstrike: Goal Completed.
- Green: In Progress.
- Black: Still Waiting.
- Black with Overstrike: Goal 86’ed.
- Red: Goal Changed.
I complete one Star Trek: Enterprise fan fiction story each day through end of May, using the Story A Day prompts.
I complete first draft of my 2,500 word limit short story for the Little Bird Writing Contest, using the prompts.
I write a 100-250 word flash fiction for #thursthreads, using prompt.
I reread last several chapters of Still Nameless (a Kifo Island novel), and brainstorm ideas for completion in June.
I participate in JuNoWriMo, and write 1,667 words/day on Still Nameless, till complete, beginning Friday, June 1.
- June 1: 1,767 words June 2: 2,224
I simmer “R.I.P. Left Shoe”; revise; share with my accountability group; polish; and submit by 9pm, June 1.
- Completed, and submitted. I feel like this story is true and alive.
Double check submissions requirements for Little Bird (new goal).
I complete spot revisions for each day’s Story A Day fan fiction piece, and publish on ff.net.
- May 26, “The Hard Sell” shared.
Send new bio to Becca for the JuNoWriMo site.
- Done (though it was emotionally difficult).
I polish my #thursthreads piece and submit.
I beta one chapter Stained Blood.
- Chapter 10 highlighted for revision.
I complete Breadcrumbs exercise.
I complete Pixels to Platform Module Two.
I watch Module Three Video One.
I assess M3V1 Play Sheets; assess time needed for completion.
I play with microphone for at least one song and one reading.
- I need to learn AudaCity better, but ,with my son’s help, did get the mic hooked up and tested to be sure it’s working properly, so on my way in #babysteps.
I decide on a spring/summer blogging schedule (using P2P learning and Blogging Cheat Sheet.)
- It’s actually more of a Now and Later kind of schedule; with bits of a plan to pursue.
I begin setting up content for this schedule (target to start June 1; obviously, I’ve missed that!).
I respond to all pending comments.
- Four responded to.
I revise my About page, based on Pixels to Platform learning.
I add a Welcome page, based on P2P learning.
Other Social Media
I update my Patreon page, with apologies to my Patron.
- Shared The Spiral Trail to “Being Colette”: my Meet the Author video and transcript… I’ve been meaning to do this since the week after the event.
I share my Patreon page on other social media, because no one can be my patron if they don’t even know I want any!
- Shared on my FB writer page, and on Twitter.
I keep up with
#AllStarTrek, ROW80, #accountabilitygirls, P2P Facebook group , and general Twitter, Facebook, and email.
- #AllStarTrek; Twitter; some #accountabilitygirls; Facebook; ROW80; and email.
I post and browse at least once on Instagram and Pinterest, because I miss them.
I read at least one post at 1500 Days.
I post my first gig to Fiverr.
- More market research; investigated seller bios.
I post two more items to yard sale site(s); update item 1.
- Item #1 updated and posted to 3 more sites for a wider base.
I choose three more items to prep for sale, and take images.
I find titles for Gus and motorcycle.
I complete the more complex administrative task begun last week.
- Realized I have much longer than I thought to complete this.
I complete review of PayPal auto payments and list these in my planner.
I rough out family budget,
and facilitate our making decisions about questionable expenses.
- More discussion, and one unused service canceled.
I continue my bedroom reset (declutter, move and reorganize bookcase; move and organize cabinets; bring in chair).
- Bookcase declutter started.
I do two hometending rounds each in garage and porch.
- Porch 1/2.
I do 2 rounds in each common room – bathroom, dining, kitchen, and living room.
- Bathroom/dining room 1/2; other rooms 1/2.
I do a sinkful of dishes daily (on average), and laundry at least 5 times this week.
- Dishes 4/7; laundry 5/5.
I move rest of branches to containment.
I weed/clean flowerbeds.
I mow/ facilitate mowing of meadow (I mean, backyard) as possible, and mow front and side yards before they become meadows, too.
- Front/side yards completed’ more in back.
I take decorations off mailbox post.
I place radio fence flags once range is set.
I complete my Weekly To-Dos and post to Slack.
I complete rough draft of Lise’s third quarter homeschool report.
I make the three recipes I chose last week.
- lemon parmesan pasta with chicken; potato salad; chef’s salad.
I choose three more recipes for future experimentation.
- Collecting/simmering options.
I help Lise with her new puppy, Smokey.
I take Noli to dog park twice.
I take a long walk with Noli each day.
I test radio fence, and move receiver box to Noli’s spare collar.
I begin training Noli to the radio fence.
I get at least 4 hours of sleep each 24.
I meditate and journal each morning.
I read one inspirational article.
I meditate one afternoon this week.
- 4 minute “Ten Breaths Meditation.” Loved it!
I meditate and journal before sleep 5 times.
I light a candle and read from Sleep before bed 5 times.
I use a sleep meditation at bedtime 5 times.
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life!
ROW Along, or Cheer Us On!