Hi there, ROWers and friends!
The last few days have been rather hectic, but in a good way…we have added a five-week-old puppy to our family.
She’s feisty, funny, and blessed with a strong little body, and stronger, razor-sharp little teeth she tests on nearly everything…
Because she’s so young, she needs lots of care. Since Smokey is Lise’s puppy, she’s doing most of the work, but Miah and I are pitching in where needed, and so is Noli, who loves the new pup in town as much as Little Miss Smokey loves her. The play has already become epic.
I expect life to settle some as the puppy does, and as she grows.* For the moment, I’m a bit behind in several areas…it was an all-day venture to get Smokey home, and we didn’t have much advance notice.
*Yes, there will be pictures, and soon…just not yet. =)
Bringing joy to a girl who could certainly use some, and giving a home to a puppy who might have ended up in a shelter, are both good reasons to be a bit behind on other goals, in my opinion.
Are you running behind, surging ahead, or holding level?
- Wednesday: Weekly Action Plan
- Sunday: Weekly Wrap-Up.
- Blue with Overstrike: Goal Completed.
- Green: In Progress.
- Black: Still Waiting.
- Black with Overstrike: Gaal 86’ed.
- Red: Goal Change.
I complete one Star Trek: Enterprise fan fiction story each day, using the Story A Day prompts.
- Sunday-Friday complete. Saturday took another direction; I’ll catch up today. Find all my stories here.
I complete first draft of my 2,500 word limit short story for the Little Bird Writing Contest, using the prompts.
- 2,097/2,500 words – next up is the Resolution.
I write a 100-250 word flash fiction for #thursdaythreads, using prompts.
- This didn’t happen…instead, we went on a road trip to bring home Lise’s new puppy.
I reread last several chapters of Still Nameless ( a Kifo Island novel), and brainstorm ideas for completion in June.
I simmer “R.I.P. Left Shoe”; revise; share with my accountability group for feedback; polish, and submit.
- Simmering as I go.
I complete spot revisions for each day’s Story A Day fan fiction piece and publish on ff.net.
- Sunday- Thursday completed.
I polish my #thursdaythreads piece and submit.
- As mentioned above, this didn’t happen.
I decide on a spring/summer blogging schedule (using P2P learning and Blogging Cheat Sheet).
I begin setting up content for this schedule (target to start in June).
I respond to all pending comments.
I revise my About page, based on Pixels to Platform learning.
I add a Welcome page, based on P2P learning.
Other Social Media
I update my Patreon page, with apologies to my Patron (sorry, Fallon!)
I share my Patreon page on other social media, because no one can be my patron if they don’t even know it’s a possibility!
I keep up with #AllStarTrek, ROW80, #accountabilitygirls. P2P Facebook group, and general Twitter, Facebook, and email.
- All but the P2P group.
and browse at least once on Instagram and Pinterest, because I miss them.
- Browsed Instagram.
I complete Breadcrumbs exercise.
I complete Pixels to Platform Module Two.
I watch Module Three Video One.
I assess M3V1 Play Sheets; assess time needed for completion.
I attend the Story A Day Superstars Live Video Chat on Monday evening.
I download Audacity and play with microphone for at least one song and one reading.
I find a financial blog to follow/read at least one post there.
- Started 1500 Days to Freedom; read first post and subscribed.
I post my first gig to Fiverr.
I post two more items to yard sale site(s); update item 1.
I choose three more items to prep for sale.
I find titles for Gus and motorcycle.
I complete the two administrative tasks begun last week.
- Made more progress on the more complex of the two; completed simpler task. 1/2.
I complete review of Paypal auto payments and list these in my planner.
I rough out family budget, making decisions about questionable expenses.
- The kids and I talked about a couple of the questionable expenses; mulling decisions on those.
I reset my bedroom, with Miah’s assistance (move/rearrange furniture, pull up carpet, reset electronics).
- The broad strokes are done; the finishing up will take a while longer.
I do two hometending rounds each in garage and porch.
- I did one 1:11 round on porch.
I do 2 rounds in each common room – bathroom, dining, kitchen, and living room.
- All but bathroom finished; it was one cycle short.
I do a sinkful of dishes daily (on average), and laundry at least 3 times this week.
- Exceeded both.
I move rest of branches to containment.
I move slate to front yard,
I weed/clean flowerbeds.
- Weeded majority of the largest flowerbed.
I move slate to create new path.
I mow/ facilitate mowing of meadow (I mean, backyard) as possible.
- Bought mower oil (my first time ever), and Miah resumed mowing the back meadow.
I facilitate final plans to bring Lise’s new puppy home.
- We picked up Little Miss Smokey on Thursday.
I begin kids’ third quarter homeschool reports.
- Both kids are working on lists of their independent projects. #babysteps.
I choose three recipes to make this week.
- 3/3 selected: lemon parmesan chicken pasta; chef salad, and potato salad (it’s been hot).
I make them.
- I bought all needed ingredients. Again, #babysteps.
I take Noli to dog park Wednesday and Friday.
I take a long walk with Noli each day.
- Every day.
I get at least 4 hours of sleep each night.
- Only barely, a few nights, but yes.
I meditate and journal each morning.
- Each day.
I read one inspirational article.
I meditate and journal 4 evenings.
- 4/4 days before sleep.
I light a candle and read from Sleep 4 evenings.
- 4/4 days.
I use a sleep meditation 4 nights.
- 4/4 days as I fell asleep.
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life!
ROW Along, or Cheer Us On!