It’s been a busy beginning to the week for me.
I’ve done some writing, but Monday was dedicated to rearranging the furniture in my bedroom/workspace. It had been set up to make it easy for Jim to get in and out when he started needing the walker, then for the hospice folks to come to his bedside when he was no longer able to leave it.
But that was months ago, and the setup wasn’t working for me. So, Miah helped me tear up most of the carpet and get the bed and Command Center moved.
The new setup works far better for me, and I’ll be fine-tuning over the next weeks.
Now, though- my Let’s Get to Know Each Other Better answers:
What characters resonate with me?
- Vulcans! Yes, it’s true.
- When I was a girl, it was Pippi Longstocking and John-Boy Walton.
Which characters do I love to hate?
- Well…none, really. I’m not so good at hating. There are characters I struggle to understand, but none I love to hate.
No one answered these last week – so I’ll leave them here a bit longer. I showed you mine – won’t you show me yours, too?
I complete one Star Trek: Enterprise fan fiction story each day, using the Story A Day prompts.
- Sunday-Tuesday complete. Find all my stories here.
I complete first draft of my 2,500 word limit short story for the Little Bird Writing Contest, using the prompts.
- 1,115/2,500 words – next up is the Midpoint. I like the way this story is unwinding.
I write a 100-250 word flash fiction for #thursdaythreads, using prompts.
I reread last several chapters of Still Nameless ( a Kifo Island novel), and brainstorm ideas for completion in June.
I simmer “R.I.P. Left Shoe”; revise; share with my accountability group for feedback; polish, and submit.
- Does not working on it in all of Monday’s reorganizing and Tuesday’s recovery count as simmering? Yes, I do think it does!
I complete spot revisions for each day’s Story A Day fan fiction piece and publish on ff.net.
- Sunday done; Monday revised, but not posted.
I polish my #thursdaythreads piece and submit.
I decide on a spring/summer blogging schedule using P2P learning and Blogging Cheat Sheet.
- Reread relevant sections of the Cheat Sheet.
I begin setting up content for this schedule (target to start in June).
I respond to all pending comments.
- Answered one. #babysteps.
I revise my About page, based on Pixels to Platform learning.
I add a Welcome page, based on P2P learning.
Other Social Media
I update my Patreon page, with apologies to my Patron (sorry, Fallon!)
I share my Patreon page on other social media, because no one can be my patron if they don’t even know I want any!
I keep up with #AllStarTrek, ROW80, #accountabilitygirls. P2P Facebook group, and general Twitter, Facebook, and email.
- AllStarTrek; email; ROW80, #accountabilitygirls; Twitter; Facebook.
I post and browse at least once on Instagram and Pinterest, because I miss them.
- Browsed Instagram.
I complete Breadcrumbs exercise.
- I’ve finally completed the Breadcrumb for Reviewer 1/3.
I complete Pixels to Platform Module Two.
I watch Module Three Video One.
I assess M3V1 Play Sheets; assess time needed for completion.
I attend the Story A Day Superstars Live Video Chat on Monday evening.
- The reorganization of my room ran longer than expected….I missed it.
I download Audacity and play with microphone for at least one song and one reading.
- Audacity downloaded…it’s a bit confusing at first glance.
I find a financial blog to follow/read at least one post there.
- Started 1500 Days; read first post and subscribed.
I post my first gig to Fiverr.
- I’m starting with my profile – needed to update that a little, anyway.
I post two more items to yard sale site(s); update item 1.
- New, better images of items 2 and 3.
I choose three more items to prep for sale.
I find titles for Gus and motorcycle.
I complete the two administrative tasks begun last week.
- Made more progress on the more complex of the two; found something needed for the other.
I complete review of Paypal auto payments and list these in my planner.
I rough out family budget, making decisions about questionable expenses.
I reset my bedroom, with Miah’s assistance (move/rearrange furniture, pull up carpet, reset electronics).
- The broad strokes are done; the finishing up will take a while longer.
I do two hometending rounds each in garage and porch.
I do 2 rounds in each common room – bathroom, dining, kitchen, and living room.
- Living room 1 /2 in early progress.
I do a sinkful of dishes daily (on average), and laundry at least 3 times this week.
- Dishes Sunday and Monday: 2/3; Laundry 2/3.
I move rest of branches to containment.
I move slate to front yard,
I weed/clean flowerbeds.
I move slate to create new path.
I mow/ facilitate mowing of meadow (I mean, backyard) as possible.
I facilitate final plans to bring Lise’s new puppy home (happening soon!)
- IM sent…haven’t heard back yet.
I begin kids’ third quarter homeschool reports.
I choose three recipes to make this week.
- 1/3 selected: lemon parmesan chicken pasta) – I already have everything I need to make this one).
I make them.
I take Noli to dog park Tuesday and Friday.
- Tuesday is our one rainy day this week, will switch to Wednesday.
I take a long walk with Noli each day.
- Sunday-Tuesday; yes.
I get at least 4 hours of sleep each night.
- Saturday about 7; Sunday just over 4; Monday over 8 – all that moving furniture was flat-out exhausting!
I meditate and journal each morning.
- Sunday, Tuesday 3/3.
I read one inspirational article.
- The financial article filled both slots nicely!
I meditate and journal 4 evenings.
I light a candle and read from Sleep 4 evenings.
- Saturday, Sunday; 2/3.
I use a sleep meditation 4 nights.
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life!
ROW Along, or Cheer Us On!