Hi there, ROWers and friends!
It’s Wednesday –time to share my Week 4 Action Plan (Here’s my End of Week 3 progress). I’ll share my End of 12 Week Year 3/Quarter 1 evaluation on Sunday, in its own post.
Will You Help Me Get to Know You Better?
My goal is to provide you, my readers, content you want to read, and will find value in.
To that end, I have some questions. I’m posting a couple each Wednesday – feel free to elaborate as much as you like! =D
What is your favorite book?
Why do you love it?
What’s the most recent book you read or are reading?
Next Wednesday, I’ll share my answers to these questions, and bring you a few more. Until then, please drop your answers into the comments, and I promise I’ll put them to good use. =)
In other news – there’s more black than I’d like on this update – I’ve been focused on a few specific projects, and on helping Noli adjust to our home and her new life.
What are you adjusting to, in your life, this week?
- Wednesday: Weekly Action Plan
- Sunday: Weekly Wrap-Up.
- Week 3 Quarterly posting Sunday, April 29.
- Final Review: after Week 12.
- Blue with Overstrike: Completed.
- Green: In Progress.
- Black: Still Waiting.
- Black with Overstrike: Goal 86’ed.
- Red: Goal Change.
Relationships, Family, and Home:
I facilitate Miah’s driving at a pace that’s comfortable for him.
I facilitate kids’ social travel and time with friends as desired.
I register for Unschoolers Rock the Campground 10 and reserve our rooms at the Northeast Unschooling Conference.
- Registered/reserved/paid for URTC campsite.
- Reserved rooms for NEUC (we pay at checkout).
I facilitate our efforts to make our home a space where we can invite/entertain friends.
- Supported Lise’s bedroomtending efforts; did some minor hometending.
I spend 11:11 gathering materials for each child’s third quarter homeschool reports.
I facilitate both kids’ learning as needed.
- Discussion and sharing of resources.
I facilitate home and yardtending, asking for assistance as needed.
- Raking; bedroomtending; general decluttering.
I post three items (already selected) on a local yard sale site.
I rough draft a schedule for hometending as a baseline for action.
I touch base with Lise about next steps in baking/selecting a mop she wants to use.
- Offered her a cast iron skillet cookie kit we were gifted.
I schedule lunch/coffee dates with two friends.
I send thank you notes to Jim’s sisters, and contact them via text to touch base.
I send a thank you note to my sister.
I complete the first revision pass of “Storm at Song Glass Cabin” (short story), and return to publishers.
I collect materials, organize, get beta feedback, apply, finalize layout, and submit my Secret Project.
I use April CampNaNoWriMo to complete the rough draft of Still Nameless (Kifo Island #8).
- 34,235/50,000 words; 3,417 new (all Tuesday).
I use the Blogging From A-Z April Challenge: The Alphabet of Grief – complete 26 posts.
- 20/26 posts complete; 2 new (just realized I never posted S – will do that in the next few hours -oops!). Two Minus One; Unfinished Business.
I check in at Story A Day, catch up on recent podcasts, and begin collecting story sparks for this year’s stories. If there is a way to get advance notice of the prompts, I utilize it.
- Have an offer for special forums for a deeply discounted price; I expect I will accept.
I complete Pixels to Platform intro and Module 1.
- Watched Module 1, Video 2; reviewed where I left off with the play sheets last fall; planned for next steps.
- Began my Breadcrumb exercise.
I complete two 11:11 learning sessions for How to Write Flash Fiction That Doesn’t Suck this week.*
I complete organization for How to Revise Your Novel, and one 11:11 learning session.
I serve as an DIY-MFA Pixels to Platform Master Class Ambassador.
- Several comments Sunday/Monday.
I answer blog comments and visit other blogs on my current informal schedule.
- Visited all #ROW80 posters.
- Answered a couple of blog comments.
I complete current chapter of Stained Blood, return to author, and highlight next section for revision.
I touch base with author next in my queue, and another possible beta author regarding manuscript schedule.
I post current goals and Dark and Bitter reading video/transcript to Patreon, and update Facebook Writer page and blog sidebar.
Family Financial Stuff:
I go through current receipts.
I set budget for groceries, eating out, and monthly expenses, using receipts and bank statement as guides.
I contact insurance agent (re: business insurance).
I read at least two articles or blogposts on financial matters.
I talk with both kids about what prosperity means to them.
Body, Mind, and Soul:
I return to tai chi on Thursday, and swim afterwards.
I shift opening of 5k training to next week, so Noli can be part of it.
I make chicken and rice soup; garlic parmesan chicken, bone broth, and a pasta bake.
I meditate and journal daily, and twice daily at least three times this week.
- Meditation (Insight Timer at 3:33) and journaling 3/3 for the session.
I read at least one spiritual growth article this week.
- Read a mindful breathing article from the Newsweek Mindfulness.
I allow myself sufficient time for rest, recreation, and reflection, without guilt.
- Doing somewhat better here; allowing myself naps with Noli.
I share my experiences with others as I am inspired.
I create art that allows me to explore and express my emotional state.
I memorialize Jim’s place in my life, and make changes as I am moved to, without guilt.
- My blogging meets all of these.