It’s Wednesday – time to list out my Week 2 Action Plan, and current progress (Here’s my Week 1 progress).
These goals are more specific than my Week 1 goals. I’ve refined things; made them more measurable and specific. Some of these may take a few weeks to complete, so they’ll be here a while.
And that’s okay.
I’m reminding myself of something I’d lost sight of for a while. NOW is the only time I have, no matter how much I might wish it was otherwise.
What are you doing with your now?
- I post my Weekly Action Plan on Wednesdays, and Weekly Wrap-Ups on Sundays.
- I review/adjust my Round 2/12 Week Year 3 after weeks 3, 6, 9, and a final one after Week 12.
- Blue with Overstrike: Completed.
- Green: In Progress.
- Black: Still Waiting.
- Black with Overstrike: 86’ed.
- Red: Goal Change.
Relationships, Family, and Home:
I facilitate Miah’s driving at a pace that’s comfortable for him.
I facilitate kids’ social travel and time with friends as desired, and check up on Unschoolers Rock the Campground.
- Nothing posted for URTC yet.
I spend 11:11 gathering materials for each child’s third quarter homeschool reports.
I facilitate both kids’ learning as needed.
- Lise checked the weather around the world, with some suggestions from me. We discussed climate and geographic features which influence weather.
I facilitate home and yardtending, asking for assistance as needed.
- Made a deal with Lise – a sinkful of dishes traded for an order of fries.
- Bedrooomtending; laundry; dishes; yardtending (raking leaves; decluttering).
I post three items (already selected) on a local yard sale site.
- I’ve taken photos for these posts.
I rough draft a schedule for hometending as a baseline for action.
I touch base with Lise about next steps in baking/selecting a mop she wants to use.
- She’s comfortable with prepackaged cookie dough for now, but may want to experiment with mixes soon.
- We agreed that I will find a few potential mopping solutions for her to choose from.
I schedule lunch/coffee dates with two friends.
- Tentative plans to meet Eden Mabee (best friend since almost forever; we were little, little girls!) on Wednesday.
I send thank you notes to Jim’s sisters, and contact them via text to touch base.
I complete the first revision pass of “Storm at Song Glass Cabin” (short story), and return to publishers.
I collect materials, organize, get beta feedback, apply, finalize layout, and submit my Secret Project.
- I have my base materials, and have secured 3 beta readers (3 more to ask).
I use April CampNaNoWriMo to complete the rough draft of Still Nameless (Kifo Island #8).
- 18,277 new words; 5,668 this week.
I check in at Story A Day, catch up on recent podcasts, and begin collecting story sparks for this year’s stories. If there is a way to get advance notice of the prompts, I utilize it.
- Made a quick survey; selected some follow-up items.
I complete Pixels to Platform, and complete Module 1.
- Began intro video rewatch: 30%.
I complete organization for How to Write Flash Fiction That Doesn’t Suck, evaluate my current progress, and complete one 11:11 learning session this week.
- Organization 95% complete; evaluation 50%
I complete organization for How to Revise Your Novel.
I serve as an DIY-MFA Pixels to Platform Master Class Ambassador.
- Checked in regularly with private Facebook group; class is now live.
I answer blog comments
and visit other blogs on my current informal schedule.
- Several #atozchallenge visits. #babysteps.
I complete current chapter of Stained Blood, return to author, and highlight next section for revision.
I touch base with author next in my queue, and another possible beta author regarding manuscript schedule.
I post current goals and Dark and Bitter reading video/transcript to Patreon, and update Facebook Writer page and blog sidebar.
Family Financial Stuff:
I go through current receipts.
I set budget for groceries, eating out, and monthly expenses, using receipts and bank statement as guides.
I contact insurance agent (re: business insurance).
I read at least one article or blogpost on a financial matter.
- I read the intro article at Afford Anything
I talk with both kids about what prosperity means to them.
- Opened a discussion with Lise. It was enlightening, and showed how she’s matured in the last several months.
Body, Mind, and Soul:
I return to tai chi on Thursday, and swim afterwards.
I reset my 5K training; prepare to restart next week.
I make chicken and rice soup; steel cut oats; a pasta bake; and steam sweet potatoes in Instant Pot.
- Bone broth for soup and steel cut oats.
I meditate and journal daily, and twice daily at least three times this week.
- Meditation (Insight Timer at 2:22) and journaling each morning; extra journaling Sunday night (1/3).
I read at least one spiritual growth article this week.
- Read Strip Away Stress and How to be Kind in a Rude World from the Real Simple Find Your Balance special issue.
I allow myself sufficient time for rest, recreation, and reflection, without guilt.
- Rest was rocky until Tuesday, but others are solid. Coloring, meditation, journaling, and pondering in abundance.
I share my experiences with others as I am inspired.
- Through blogging, and in person.
I create art that allows me to explore and express my emotional state.
- Singing, writing, and coloring
I memorialize Jim’s place in my life, and makes changes as I am moved to, without guilt.
- Through writing, and in life.
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life!
Just a bit of now-themed silliness! =D