Halfway through this, my first 12 Week Year, we learned that my husband has terminal metastasized pancreatic cancer that’s spread to his liver. By this point, I thought that we would be finding a rhythm of sorts…
Those have led me to more adjusting of goals, to accommodate the realities of those complications. I want to keep moving forward on personal and family goals – but I also need to be present right here, right now.
Eventually, the right here, right now won’t include the man who is my best friend, and I don’t want to realize at that point that I wasted the time I’d been given in unawareness…
Relationships, Family, and Home:
Continue beta readings for Spellfire’s Kiss and Stained Blood (giving back and paying forward) as focus and circumstances allow. Contact both writers to confirm this plan with them, so they can make other plans if needed.
- One chapter of either Spellfire’s Kiss or Stained Blood each week, as possible: Weeks 10-12.
Declutter/clean/ organize porch; my side of bedroom; and my study, making these spaces useful and tidy.
- Complete three hometending rounds in bedroom; porch; and study: Weeks 10-12.
Add-on: Make solid beginning on rooms that will be focus of Year 2: bathroom; dining room; kitchen; living room.
- Complete one hometending round bathroom; family room; kitchen; and living room each week. Week 10–12.
Complete required homeschool obligations, including facilitating Jeremiah’s driving practice.
- Facilitate Jeremiah’s driving practice four times weekly, circumstances dependent: Weeks 10-12.
Continue with P2P and HTRYN as I can, at least 30 minutes a week for each. Weeks 10-12.
- Give 30 minutes/week to Modules One/Two: Weeks 10-12.
- Complete 30 minutes of current lessons, using “On Any Tuesday Night”: Weeks 10-12.
Plot and draft one fantasy novel (Trueborn: Among the Firestars).
- Complete Plotting elements: Weeks 10-12.
- Complete Rough draft: Weeks 10-12.
- Complete Lesson One. Week 10.
- Complete Lesson Two. Week 11.
- Complete Lesson Three. Week 12.
- Finishing touches, and submit by December 31. (This will be completed in the break and/or in my Year Two).
Work on plan to liquidate stock and assets, and wrap things up: Weeks 10-12.
- Research changing thrust/ownership of website: Weeks 10-12.
- Organize/inventory existing stock: Week 10.
- Create plan to liquidate/publicize liquidation: Weeks 10-12.
Body, Mind, and Soul:
The Big Scary Thing:
Absorb, process, and move through Jim’s diagnosis and treatment, and the affects they will have upon us.
- Spend the time needed to learn and adjust to the reality of Jim’s condition, and to deal with the circumstances as they evolve: Weeks 10-12.
- Seek and accept help as needed/offered. Also seek out those willing to help organize, because it’s hard for me to think about that while focusing on Jim, the children, and myself: Weeks 10-12.
Fitness and Health:
Give myself ongoing permission to set aside the 5K Training Samsung Health, and also to seek other forms of exercise, particularly practical physical activities that aid productivity.
- Listen to my body, mind, and soul, and give them the types of exercise, stretching, and challenge they need in trying times: Weeks 10-12.
Explore reiki with Jim.
- Attend a drop in reiki share at ReVibe with Jim and/or make spacc for him to explore the massage therapist offered through hospice: Weeks 10- 12.
Eat three vegetable-based meals or snacks weekly by end of year.
- Eat three vegetable based meals/snacks; aim for Monday/Wednesday/Friday: Week 10-12.
Read instructions for Instant Pot:Week 10.
- Experiment with Instant Pot veggie-based meals: Weeks 10-12.
Evaluate my wardrobe as the season changes, purchasing a second pair of jeans; gloves; and other items as needed.
- Purchase ear muffs: Week 10.