Here we are, just about to the end of the final round of 2016!
Since I like to use the entire round, which officially ends at midnight. My final Round Four update will be posted here on Sunday.
We’re easing into the Christmas spirit. With our current family financial situation, it will be a day more of togetherness than acquisition, and that’s all right. We’ve put some effort into getting a few things for our daughter, who is nearly twelve-and-a-half. She’s content with much less than she was even last year, but still young enough that gifts bring her great joy.
It’s now well into Wednesday afternoon. I’ve had a good sleep, conversation with my Accomplice and Lise, listened to a chapter of Alexander Hamilton while having my nails painted because Lise loves to paint them and I like this color. Once they dried, I sorted some email, because I can’t listen and do writing or revising tasks without losing track of one or the other. I can sort mail, edit pictures, and the like, though, so it’s a good time to tackle those details.
I’ve also watched the first 3 episodes of Enterprise, and reread King of Shreds and Patches, my fan fiction redo of Star Trek: The Motion Picture. I have a new warm winter coat, gloves, and cozy hoodie. All of these are my “Christmas presents”.
I’ll wrap this up with a snippet of new writing on The Far Shore, then on to the update:
Was she doing the wrong thing, attempting to save such a child?
In the moment the question flashed in her mind, Ubunta noticed something metallic flashing through the rocks beneath her. It was too far to identify right away, but metal that hadn’t rusted was rare here, from what she had seen. Rare, and therefore possibly valuable…
Note: Goals I engaged with this session appear in this update. Links to full goals updates below.
December goals (updating, Monday, January 1, 2017)
Round Four goals (updating Sunday, December 25)
2016 goals (updating, Monday, January 1, 2017)
- Kifo Island: Complete draft of The Far Shore (KIC#5); 24 Scenes, ~65,000 words. Primary goal. Scene 11/24 in progress. 36,748/~65,000 words/ 3,784 new. Best word count of the month, thus far!
- Blogging From A to Z April Challenge: Continue writing poems/drafting posts, on a rotating-week cycle. Secondary goal. Week Two: F and G essays drafted: 6/6. Week Four: S poem drafted; 6/6. Week Three: H-J essays drafted; 3/6.Reread topic/poem for “K”; simmering, 4/6. Good progress here, too.
Draft my basic 2017 goals/schedule. Primary goal. Expanded January projects into one-sentence goal statements; 1/12 months complete. Updated/relaunched my Aeon Timeline app; created template; adjusted settings, confused myself. January Website/ Blogging/ Writing/ Revising goals entered. Working through the learning curve.
The IDIC Romance: Finish revision “First Contact, With Jazz” and get it in the hands of waiting betas. Revise Chapters 4-6 of A Backdrop of Stars and review 1-3. Primary goal; “FC;WJ”: Began revising the new Scene Four.
“Philodosia”(Hamilton-inspired alternate history): Revise and print a nice copy of Scene One, “A Matter of Honor” for my daughter’s Christmas gift. Side goal. Received/reviewed notes from the crit group partner who introduced me to Hamilton: An American Musical. Simmering her suggestions.
Make 3 visits to others participants in each hop/challenge I’ve joined. This will be a Thursday/Monday focus. Primary goal. #8sunday; #SoCS;ROW80; #weekendcoffeeshare. Much better than last week!
- Interaction: Visit website, blog, ROW80, Albany NNWM and Yakon Village FB pages; ff.net; Twitter; Instagram; and Pinterest weekly, each site. Secondary goal. Thursday/Monday focus.
Continue in situ website design, with a focus on transitioning to it as my prime online home in 2017. Prepare countdown posts for this blog, and post with link. Post one reblog and two snippets each week. This is a Sunday/Wednesday focus. Tertiary goal. Wrote a list of countdown page notes; simmering.
Complete resets/reorganizations: study, family room, and kitchen. Use the 27 Thing Fling for structure/5 each per week. Add in 25 cycles a week for random indoor/outdoor tidying/hometending. Secondary goal. Study: 0/5; Family: 1/5. Kitchen: 0/5. Indoor random; 15/25.
- Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and back up all OneDrive Move to Yogical, Stuff to Look At, and The IDIC Romance files. Maintain email below 99 messages. Cull/organize Writing Stuff email folder. Tertiary goal. Began with 1,724 Writing Stuff messages. Secondary sorting of IDIC; 6/6 folders complete; 1 or 2 more passes should do it for this directory.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Continue planning/ attending outings and at-home activities (personal and family) as desired. Primary goal. Conversation; Exploding Kittens; videos; snuggling.
NNWM local group: Interact regularly online and in person. Secondary goal. Visited page; write-in goodness.
- Paying it Forward: Offer promotional posts, reviews, and beta-reading for other writers. Tertiary goal. One offer of promotion on the table; will look at it more closely this week.
Journal six times each week. Meditation six mornings, and three evenings. Primary goal. 1/6 morning; 0/3 evening. Off week.
Fitness: Get a cumulative total of at least 80 minutes moderate physical activity 5 days weekly, 90 minutes 4 days weekly. Secondary goal. 80 min: 3/5; 90 min: 2/4.