Note: I update periodically throughout the year, but at least at the end of each quarter. I’ll adapt, change, add, or delete as my life and progress indicate. This post covers progress only through October 31, 2016; further progress will be contained in future updates.
My ROW80 Round and Monthly goals are derived from these goals.
- Write at least 1 story and submit at least 1 story each month in 2016. Fan fiction and self-publishing are acceptable. 23 new stories written; three submitted (one accepted; one rejected; one still waiting.)
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Write 3 new novels in this series as April, June and July NaNo projects. Write 31 new flash stories for #STaD May; these can be the basis of these or future Kifo stories. A Rising Tide (1/3) completed during JuNoWriMo. The Far Shore (2/3) in drafting; Scene 8/24 in progress; 21,533/65,000 words. Forward progress very slow, but moving.
- The IDIC Romance: Write 26 stories for April’s A-Z Challenge; and 30 for #StaD September, using existing threads and ideas with the daily and guest prompts. Goal completed – and some bonuses, too!
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series:Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Complete draft. Draft Weft #3 (Blood and Breath?); as November NaNoWriMo project. FDWR: Nothing new. Setting new writing here aside until 2017.
- Poets on the Page: Write 31 new poems in October. 29/31 completed. So close!
Plan and Plot “Peach Liqueur Love” prequel story for Chicago Tribune Writing Contest.
The IDIC Romance: Plot 25 April and 30 September stories. Completed.
Kifo Island Chonicles: Plan and plot 3 novels and 31 flash fiction stories. Create timeline and ‘series bible’. All novels/stories planned/plotted; rough materials for timeline and bible created in the process.
Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Plan/plot Weft #3 (Blood and Breath?) for November. Create rough timelime, focusing on points where the series’ events intersect. Setting aside for 2017.
Plan/plot other projects as needed to meet writing and submission goals. Goal completed!
Submit to crit group weekly; critique and beta others’ work to gain insight into my own. Critique group on hold until January, so goal more or less completed.
Revise “Peach Liqueur Love” and its prequel story. Goal completed!
The IDIC Romance: Revise “Slow Jazz Awakening” and five other stories.
Poetry: Find information about revising poetry. Experiment with revisions of existing Trek poems. Nothing new.
- Chameleon’s Dish (Trueborn Weft : Complete first pass revision; reread and create plan for revision pass 1.5 (cohesion, consistency, etc.) Setting aside until at least 2017.
- Blog Maintenance: Adapt and keep to regular posting schedule; answer comments, and return visits at least twice weekly. Clear backlog of comments and spam folder. Transitioning to my website; that’s the goal for Round Four.
- ROW80: Sponsor duties up-to-date throughout the year, including four sponsor posts. Done.
- Make regular visits to others participating in hops and challenges I’ve joined. Fair. Not bad; not great.
- Connect on social media in a natural way that feeds creativity and my passion for sharing thought and experience. Ebbs and flows; but goal completed.
Redesign blog, with a focus on bringing in the various facets of my life in a more cohesive manner. Incorporate the best of The Unfettered Life and shanjeniah’s Trueborn Jottings, and let those blogs go. The blog took a backseat to the website, which is developing; more integration in 2017.
Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork, testing, etc. Create Flickr portfolios, by year, or roughly so, for both children. Lise’s portfolio added to; Miah’s begun; neither sorted or culled. Moving along.
- Complete resets/reorganizations: study, family room, porch/playroom, and kitchen. All but the kitchen moving along; I have a system for forward momentum that’s working well. Moving the kitchen to 2017.
- Personal Administration: Clean, organize, and back up all laptop files; sort email folders; delete excess. Progress; breaking it down to smaller bites. I won’t finish this before the year ends, so the adapted goal: Create a plan to have this completed by the time I’m ready for a computer upgrade (maybe after tax time).
- Yard Beautification: Plant edibles and cutting flowers in season; maintain in a presentable manner; declutter outgrown kid-things and random life debris. A little work outside.
- Photo digitalization: Scan box of travel photos; save in organized files with backup. Nothing new. Adapted goal: Make plan for scanning and organizing all photos in 2017.
Go through all online subscriptions; cancel those we no longer need; at least one each week until done. Canceled two.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. This remains a fundamental and easy goal to maintain.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Yes to both. Lots of stuff: parties, historic sites; museums; stores; and more.
NNWM local group: Interact regularly, in person and online; participate actively in critique group and beta reading. Goal completed; crit group on break until January.
- Paying it Forward: Offer beta reading, reviews, and promotional posts for other writers. Some beta reading, and a promo post. No reviews this month.
- Reconnect with friends I haven’t seen in longer than I like. Nothing new.
- Smart Change: Work through at least one habit change using these methods. Nothing new.
- Intuitive Eating: Finish reading and begin implementing. Nothing new.
Write in Abundance, Intentions, and #onegoodcup journals seven times each week. Gradually increase meditation to ten minutes, twice daily. Explore one new meditative practice each month. Meditating/journals several days a week. Happy with the meditative practices I’ve developed thus far.
T’ai chi: Develop a sustainable independent practice; learn the 24 form so I can do it on my own. Nothing new.
Get a cumulative total of at least 90 minutes moderate physical activity 6 days weekly, and more strenuous activities building to thrice weekly by year’s end. I’m up to 60/minutes, 5 days/week, and 75 minutes thrice a week.
Write twice-monthly health-centered blog posts. Dropping this goal for 2016.
Leaps of Faith:
Write and submit one story each month (not necessarily the same story). I’ve attained this with fan fiction. Three new submissions.
Submit fan fiction.Nothing new submitted.
Self-publish “A Splash of Red”; experimental project. Cover image in simmering stage.
Poetry Chapbooks: Do rough setup for Trek poetry chapbook. This is experimental. Gathering poems. The setup likely to wait for 2017. A couple of new poems written.
Kait Nolan’s ROW80 –
The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have a Life!
ROW Along, or Cheer Us On!
We’re on Facebook!