In less than 24 hours, ROW80 Round Three will be over. Since I’m the type to want to use every moment, I’ll be closing out my Round Three goals on Sunday, so I can take full advantage of this last day. For today, I’m updating my September goals, which I’ll be using until the end of the month, even if you don’t see another update here until then.
It’s been an interesting and somewhat whirlwind session, with an outing every day: Sunday was my writing group, Monday my Accomplice and I went to the Y together (then split up to do our own type of workout). Tuesday, my daughter and I went to our local homeschool community center, Yacon Village, for Minecraft Club (though she spent most of her time playing Other Things with her friends, and a bit doing art).
The next two days will be at least mostly home days. I expect to get a good deal done. How much? I don’t know yet – but you will, by the end of the week. In the meantime, here’s two more Story A Day entries. Standard disclaimer applies: I don’t own them; I don’t profit from them.
An image rose in her mind, clear and sharp. A woman, head turned away and body twisted, dragging herself across a field, with a house in the distance. “This is me, Soval. The house is peace. The distance is too far, when I am so broken.”
She pulled the box out from beneath the papers, and turned to hand it to him. “Please hurry.” She bit her lip, and she was shaking – getting ready to fall apart again. He didn’t waste any time; just opened the box, pulled out the hypo, and pressed it up against his jugular while she watched him, her eyes unblinking. He pressed the trigger, and the compound hissed into his system.
September 2016 goals (this update contains only those I interacted with this session)
Round Three 2016 goals (final update posting Sunday)
2016 goals (updating at end of month)
- Story A Day September 2016 : Write 35 stories this month (not sure how the timing will play out, and the final 5 will be vignettes written on the same day). The IDIC Romance: Cowled: 8; “Parted From Me” : 8; “Do You?”: 8; A Backdrop of Stars: 6. Hamilton alternate history: Philodosia: 5. Priority goal. 17/35 written; 19/35 complete; a day behind. Parted: 1/8; “Do You?”: 1/8.
- The IDIC Romance: Finish the Word-High July stories for “Mutually Acceptable”. Secondary goal. Reread last several pages in preparation for resuming.
#STaD: Complete the rough sketches for 36 new September stories/chapters/scenes. Develop more detailed plan for each story as its turn comes. Priority goal. 19/35 completed.
“Monday Morning Coffee Sequel”: Reread “MMC”, Plan this short story/novella, using The Writer’s Coloring Book. Complete basic character mapping for both MCs. Side goal. Setting aside for next month.
Kifo Island Chronicles: Complete rough revisions and submit scenes 5-10 of Sea Changes (Kifo Island Chronicles #1) to crit group. Primary goal. Not likely to get to Scene 10; but I do expect to get through Scene 6 this month.
- “Peach Liqueur Love”: Complete Steps 2 and 3 of Sarah Selecky’s Deep Revision process; consider adaptations to use as my “Dark and Bitter” submission. Secondary goal. Setting aside till October.
- The IDIC Romance: Revise “First Contact, With Jazz”, using The Writer’s Coloring Book; submit to patiently waiting betas. Tertiary project. Setting aside till October.
Revise and post Chapters 4 and 5 of “A Backdrop of Stars.” Side project. “Something Wasn’t Right”( Chapter 4): Highlighted scene 1/ 2 for revision.
- Blog/Website Transition: Set and keep regular weekly posting schedule (ROW/#STaD/ 3 other posts weekly?); add relevant content to pages. Aim for soft website reveal at end of month. Primary goal. I’m not going to set up a regular schedule until 2017, when I’ve transitioned to the website.
- ROW80: Keep updates and sponsor duties up-to-date; check Facebook page every Thursday and Monday. Secondary goal. Update posted; visited everyone on linky; didn’t get to the Facebook page.
- Maintain email Inbox below 99 messages; answer blog comments at least three times weekly; Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and fanfiction.net comments twice weekly. Side goal. Blog: 1/3; website: 1/3. Fanfiction: 1 /2.
Homeschool Administration: Complete and submit fourth quarter reports; narrative review; and test scores to district by September 15. Deal with correspondence as needed. Primary goal. Letter revision about 75% done; should be ready to mail by end of week.
- Beautification: Do the 27 Thing Fling in study, family room, and porch at least thrice a week each room, and in other areas, indoors and out, at least ten times weekly (can include laundry and dishes.) Secondary goal. Family: 3/3; Porch: 2/3. Inside random: 8/10, including laundry and dishes.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Primary goal. Conversation; planning; write-in; workout date; Minecraft club.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Secondary goal. Minecraft club on Tuesday; couples’ workout time Monday. Write-in. Possible plans to attend tai chi on Thursday, and visit Saratoga National Historical Park Saturday.
NNWM local group: Interact regularly, in person and online; participate actively in critique group; do reviews as requested and available. Tertiary goal. Writer’s group Sunday. No new crits posted.
Write in Abundance and #onegoodcup journals, and meditate for at least eight minutes five times each week. Primary goal. Journaling: 2/5; Meditation 1/5.
Get a cumulative total of at least 60 minutes moderate physical activity 5 days weekly, 75 minutes thrice weekly. Secondary goal. 60 minutes: 2/5; 75 minutes: 1/3 (considerably more on Monday).
Tai chi class, swimming, strength, and/or cardio training for a cumulative total of ten hours. Tertiary goal. Swimming and strength; 1/10 hours.
Leaps of Faith:
“A Splash of Red”: Compile notes and do pre-self-publication revision pass. Gather materials and play with cover art ideas. Secondary goal.
Setting aside till next month.