Do you have any special summer traditions?
For the last six Julys, my daughter, son, and I have been attending Unschoolers Rock the Campground at Pinewoods Lodge in Plymouth, MA. It’s a chance to see friends from across the Northeast, and sometimes further.
We’ll be leaving tomorrow morning and returning on Sunday evening for what might be our last year, depending on when we make the move to Oregon. It’s a special time, and writing and writing-things aren’t high on my priority list for the next few days.
I’m taking a break. Since I already live upstate*, I guess I’ll have to go east. At any rate, my Sunday update may be late, and will almost certainly be sparse.
Are you fond of camping?
Other outdoor pursuits?
Or are you more the indoor type?
*gratitious Hamilton reference.
This post includes the July goals I interacted with during this session. It’s a streamlined overview of where my energy, time, and focus were. For full versions of my July, Round Three, and 2016 goals, check the links below!
CampNaNoWriMo #2: The IDIC Romance: Finish “Marriage of the Magi” (to the “Big Reveal”). Word-High July Challenge: Write 31 flash fiction stories using Filipino word prompts and my “The Definition of Emotion” theme (about 333 words each). “Marriage of the Magi” past the Big Reveal up to 18,872 words. – I may keep going with it. Story 21/31 complete.
#WordHighJuly: Revise all 31 stories prior to posting. Story 7/31 in progress. I’m going to set this aside and post my stories in August. I simply don’t have enough July to go around, at this point.
Answer blog comments and make visits, at least twice weekly. 1/2 so far.
Interact on Twitter at least once a day, four times each week. If you want to chat with me there; I’m @ShanJeniah. 1/4; just for a few minutes. Might not get to 4 while camping; on the other hand, I might. =)
ROW80: Revise, polish, and submit Round 3 Sponsor Post. Keep visits and updates current. Yup. I think I visited everyone in the linky list. Might take a bit to get through the Wednesday list, though, as internet will be sporadic, and my focus will be elsewhere.
Maintain email at below 123 messages; making good use of folders. Yeah…No. Between homeschool reporting, write-ins, and getting ready for camping, I’m up over 300. Might not get to many this weekend, either, due to trees and water and sunshine and friends…
Share my 31 #WordHighJuly story posts. 5/31 posts shared. Need to write a post explaining that I’ll be sharing my stories in August, because I just can’t fit revising and sharing into what’s left of this month, unless being impossible to live with was on my agenda – and it’s not.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork (quarterlies; attendance; EOY documentation prep.) End of Year test: reviewing materials and procedures ongoing. Miah engaged in test prep: reviewing Khan Academy mathematics videos. Narrative assessment form in progress. Completed Annalise’s Second and Third Quarter Reports (sans attendance. That leaves only Miah’s and the dull-as-dust attendance tabulation to complete all the back paperwork. Added to Annalise’s Flickr portfolio. School district still behind on last year’s IHIP (determination was due 5/25; I’ll notify new superintendent next week, because she may not know.)
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, four days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life; remind/support the kids in the pitching-in they’ve agreed to do on my Accomplice’s days off. 3/4. The rest of the week, it will be keeping our campsite tidy, as I won’t be at home.
Cancel Big Fish and Audible subscriptions. Big Fish gives us 180 days to use game credits if we want them, but our gamer boy likes Steam, these days, and I have lots of Cake Mania already!
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Preparations for Unschoolers Rock the Campground in full swing. Write-in for me; bottle return with my girl.
- NNWM local group: Participate in CampNaNo write-ins Tuesdays and Sundays.2/2/.
I will skip Sunday’s write-in. I tried to do that last year, but I had no focus left, so this year, I’ll stay home.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Canoodling. Conversation. Bottle returning.
Write in Abundance and #onegoodcup journals/and meditate five times each week. 2/5 journals; 1/5 meditation. This will be an easier prospect in the pines. Tent life is very meditative, for me.
- Moderate activity: At least 45 minutes, 5 times a week. Use my timer. 3/5. Camping preparation is very good for my activity level; actually camping is even more so.