Hey there, ROWers and others!
Have you ever had a day so full of changes and deeper meanings that you can’t articulate it adequately?
Yup. That’s today. Thirteen years ago, I was desperately trying to recover from a very difficult birth so I could go to the NICU and meet my second son. He was four hours old and on a respirator when I accomplished that goal. Twelve days later, he died.
Today, my Accomplice was fired from a job he took when our twelve-year-old was a toddler. The restaurant owner wanted to hire his son and move in a new direction. For us, this is a time of uncertainty – and hope We’re getting ready to move across the country, and maybe this is ultimately a good thing – a liberation of sorts…permission to move on with our lives.
For me, it might mean returning to the workforce I left to focus on homeschooling. It might mean leaving for Oregon sooner than we planned.
It might mean many things. What we know for sure is that change is different, and there will be growth as a result of it.
Have you ever suddenly found yourself in a similar position? What did you do? How did things turn out?
This post includes the July goals I interacted with during this session. It’s a streamlined overview of where my energy, time, and focus were, and helps me adapt, going forward in this round and beyond.
CampNaNoWriMo #1: Complete Draft The Far Shore (Kifo Island Chronicles #5). Current count: 20,302/~65,000 words. Scene 8/24 in progress. Behind due to life, hope to be caught up by the end of this weekend. Pacemaker goal (although I fell out of practice with updating it.)
CampNaNoWriMo #2: The IDIC Romance: Finish “Marriage of the Magi” (to the “Big Reveal”). Word-High July Challenge: Write 31 flash fiction stories using Filipino word prompts and my “The Definition of Emotion” theme (about 333 words each). Story 11/31 complete – catching up.
Sea Changes (Kifo Island Chronicles #1): Continue readthrough aloud (record and listen). Rough revisions through Scene 6/24, and submit to crit group. Completed and submitted through 2/24; 3/24 in progress; hard copy notations complete for these 11 pages.
New Goal: #WordHighJuly: Revise all 31 stories prior to posting. Story 6/31 complete; setting this aside until I have the drafting caught up.
Answer blog comments and make visits, at least twice weekly. 1/2 for this week.
Interact on Twitter at least once a day, four times each week. If you want to chat with me there; I’m @ShanJeniah. 1 /4 so far this week.
ROW80: Revise, polish, and submit Round 3 Sponsor Post. Keep visits and updates current. All goals updated; visits made (plus).
Maintain email at below 123 messages; making good use of folders. Keeping up.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork (quarterlies; attendance; EOY documentation prep.) Reviewed First Quarter Attendance logs. Finished reviewing Jeremiah’s First Quarter Report; calculated attendance units. Moving along with formulating of plan to attend to it all. Currently, the school district is behind on last year’s IHIP (determination due by 5/25) and this year’s Letters of Intent (acknowledgment due 7/11). Will be a Pacemaker project.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, four days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life; remind/support the kids in the pitching-in they’ve agreed to do on my Accomplice’s days off. 2/4; hometending.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Took kids for ice cream, and daughter to write-in. Doctor and vet visits. Planning annual unschooling camp gathering in Plymouth, MA.
- NNWM local group: Participate in CampNaNo write-ins Tuesdays and Sundays. Two for two.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Canoodling; chatting; walking; music.
- Stained by Ashes: Critique two chapters each week; through Chapter Sixteen. Pacemaker plan created. Chapter Eleven progressing; page 89/253 complete.
Write in Abundance and #onegoodcup journals/and meditate five times each week. 3/5 for journals.
- Moderate activity: At least 45 minutes, 5 times a week. Use my timer. 2/5; hometending; walking; vet visit.
Leaps of Faith:
Finish the Kindness Challenge; check out Facebook page. The post has gelled in my mind; I expect to write it later today.