Hey there, ROWers and others!
What do you do, when the news from outside is heart-wrenching, but your own life holds cause for celebration?
Senseless deaths, and a twelfth birthday.
I’m feeling so many things, and, as I’ve mentioned, July is already a turbulent month for me.
Maybe it’s not at all surprising that I’m a bit out-of-focus, and that I haven’t written any new fiction words for the last several days. So much going on beneath the surface…
I let myself have that. I needed it – the day spent with my birthday girl, and the deep thoughts that say I need to stand for a better and safer world. The voice that said to write too soon was to take my attention from where it needed to be…in the moment, and in my own deep places.
So I focused on revisions and homeschool administration, and being with those I love. Reading, and writing a bit about the week’s events here and there. Listening to Hamilton. Watching PBS.
I feel words bubbling up now. I’ll be heading to my write-in soon; I’ve planned to dive back into fiction tonight, and there will be words on current events forthcoming as well. First, though, it’s time to account for this session’s progress.
This post lists the July goals I’ve interacted with during this session. This gives me a streamlined overview of where my energy, time, and focus are going, which helps me to adapt as we move through the round, and beyond.
CampNaNoWriMo #1: Complete Draft The Far Shore (Kifo Island Chronicles #5). Current count: 19,316/~65,000 words. Scene 8/24 in progress. Behind due to life, hope to be caught up by next weekend. Pacemaker goal.
CampNaNoWriMo #2: The IDIC Romance: Finish “Marriage of the Magi” (to the “Big Reveal”). Word-High July Challenge: Write 31 flash fiction stories using Filipino word prompts and my “The Definition of Emotion” theme (about 333 words each). Story 6/31 complete (all longer). Reread “Magi” (~ 15K) to refresh my mind before diving back in.
For July CampNaNoWriMo: Complete Planning/plotting for Tsunamis (Kifo Island Chronicles #6), using The Writer’s Coloring Book. All remaining planning/plotting pages printed/collated; ready for next steps. Pacemaker goal pending.
Sea Changes (Kifo Island Chronicles #1): Continue readthrough aloud (record and listen). Rough revisions through Scene 6/24, and submit to crit group. 3/24 in progress; hard copy notations complete for these 11 pages.
#WordHighJuly: Revise all 31 stories prior to posting. Story 6/31 in revision.
Answer blog comments and make visits, at least twice weekly. 4/2 for this week.
Interact on Twitter at least once a day, four times each week. If you want to chat with me there; I’m @ShanJeniah. 3 /4 so far this week.
ROW80: Revise, polish, and submit Round 3 Sponsor Post. Keep visits and updates current. All goals updated; visits made (plus); and sponsor post submitted. Jackpot!
Maintain email at below 123 messages; making good use of folders. Mostly; fell behind due to birthdaying.
Share my 31 #WordHighJuly story posts. 5/31 posts shared. Still behind; will be caught up by Friday.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork (quarterlies; attendance; EOY documentation prep.) Began Lise’s current-year portfolio and drifted through lovely memories; collected a LOT of unsorted raw material. On my way with this part. Reviewed Lise’s First Quarter Report prior to sending. Reviewed First Quarter Attendance logs. Began reviewing Jeremiah’s First Quarter Report; page 4/9. Moving along with formulating of plan to attend to it all. Will be a Pacemaker project.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, four days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life; remind/support the kids in the pitching-in they’ve agreed to do on my Accomplice’s days off. 5/4; book cleaning/sorting; hometending.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Birthday outing for daughter later this week, and planning our annual unschooling camp gathering in Plymouth, MA. Considering several movies in the coming months.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Canoodling; walking; wrapping/chatting; opening gifts; conversation. Birthday trip – shopping, mall, movie.
- Stained by Ashes: Critique two chapters each week; through Chapter Sixteen. Pacemaker plan created. Chapter Nine/Ten completed; page 85/253 complete.
- Review: Starfane, by Lauralynn Elliott, and Dragon Time and Other Stories, by Ruth Nestvold; “Swineherdess.” by ReGi McClain. Bought and downloaded a copy of “Swineherdess”.
Write in Abundance and #onegoodcup journals/and meditate five times each week. 7/5 for journals. 1/5 meditation.
Strenuous movement: At least an hour five times this month. Swimming, tai chi, yardtending, etc. I should blow this away while camping; it’s very hilly, and we tent camp, and there’s a lake for swimming.
- Moderate activity: At least 45 minutes, 5 times a week. Use my timer. 5/5; moderate walk with daughter; hometending; standing desk; birthday trip.
Leaps of Faith:
Finish the Kindness Challenge; check out Facebook page. I now know what I want to write about; letting it simmer a bit more before I begin.
Oregon bound Burtons: Clean one common and one personal shelf, drawer, bin, or flat surface each week. Cleared books from shelf of bookcase going into Lise’s room.