Hey there, ROWers and others!
How is July treating you so far?
As I’ve mentioned, it’s a kinetic month around here. Things have been jumping, and not always in the ways I thought they would.
Friday is Lise’s twelfth birthday – the beginning of the last year we have a teen and a pre-teen. Birthday season will end exactly 8 weeks later, when Jeremiah turns 15….and those numbers are blowing my mind, because it seems like just yesterday when they looked like this…
Or even this!
But time passes. Babies become little kids, who become bigger kids, and then bigger ones – and, before I know it, they’ll be grown.
In April, they looked like this while we were at the American Museum of Natural History with or friends, the Woodman family. I’m on the end, being dwarfed by Unsmiling Boy (he does smile, a lot, just not for cameras, these days. It’s apparently a teen thing I wouldn’t understand.)
Ah, time –
Does it tend to get away from you, too?
Does it play strange tricks, in cahoots with your memory?
And now, for a sappy, sloppy segue – it’s time for my first official update!
This post includes only those goals I’ve interacted with since the round started on July 4. That gives me a streamlined overview of where my energy, time, and focus are going.
CampNaNoWriMo #1: Complete Draft The Far Shore (Kifo Island Chronicles #5). Current count: 19,316/~65,000 words. Scene 8/24 in very early progress. Behind due to life, hope to be caught up by the end of the weekend. Pacemaker goal.
CampNaNoWriMo #2: The IDIC Romance: Finish “Marriage of the Magi” (to the “Big Reveal”). Word-High July Challenge: Write 31 flash fiction stories using Filipino word prompts and my “The Definition of Emotion” theme (about 333 words each). Story 5/31 in progress. I’m a little behind, due to beginning of the month transitions and a dose of the unexxpected. Hoping to be caught up by end of day tomorrow, and a bit ahead on this by Friday, when I celebrate with my girl.
Sea Changes (Kifo Island Chronicles #1): Continue readthrough aloud (record and listen). Rough revisions through Scene 6/24, and submit to crit group. Completed and submitted through 2/24; 3/24 in progress; hard copy notations complete for these 11 pages.
New Goal: #WordHighJuly: Revise all 31 stories prior to posting. I forgot to include this, but the stories are just better if I take this step rather than posting them “in the raw,” and it’s valuable revision experience. 4/31 stories revised.
Answer blog comments and make visits, at least twice weekly. 2/2 for this week.
Interact on Twitter at least once a day, four times each week. If you want to chat with me there; I’m @ShanJeniah 2 /4 so far this week.
ROW80: Revise, polish, and submit Round 3 Sponsor Post. Keep visits and updates current. Revision and polish done. Finishing and formatting almost complete. Round Three goals nearly ready to post.
Maintain email at below 123 messages; making good use of folders. Cleared Inbox, and tended to several of the items that were backlogged; maintained.
Share my 31 #WordHighJuly story posts. 4/31 posts shared.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork (quarterlies; attendance; EOY documentation prep.) This is perennial, at least until we move from NY. Drafted letter to DSS, ordered Jeremiah’s state-mandated end of year test. Moving along with formulating of plan to attend to it all. Will be a Pacemaker project.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, four days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life; remind/support the kids in the pitching-in they’ve agreed to do on my Accomplice’s days off. 2/4; weeding, hometending; decluttering.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Daughter joined me at write-in; breakfast and shopping with son. Birthday outing for daughter later this week, and planning our annual unschooling camp gathering in Plymouth, MA.
- NNWM local group: Participate in CampNaNo write-ins Tuesdays and Sundays. Skipped Tuesday this week; no sleep, out-of-house plans, and tired.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Write-in; conversation; canoodling; movie.
- Stained by Ashes: Critique two chapters each week; through Chapter Sixteen. Pacemaker plan created. Began critiquing Chapter Nine; page 59/253 completed (this is a long chapter.)
Write in Abundance and #onegoodcup journals/and meditate five times each week. 3/5 for journals.
- Moderate activity: At least 45 minutes, 5 times a week. Use my timer. 2/5; hometending, moderate walk with kids at dawn; long walk with Miah at dawn.
Leaps of Faith:
Create Pacemaker plans for moving-parts or longer-term projects as need/interest indicate. Added a beta-reading goal.