Hey there, ROWers and others!
Are you ready for July?!
I’m never sure that I am, anymore. It’s a month fraught with emotional peaks and freefalls. My daughter’s twelfth birthday is on Friday.
Five days later, on the 13th, would be our second son Elijah’s birthday – he’d be a newly minted teenager this year, if he had lived. Twelve days later, on the 25th, comes the anniversary of his death. Twelve days is a very short lifetime, made even shorter when all of it is lived in a NICU, and most of it in a coma…
Four days after that anniversary is my forty-seventh birthday.
Oh, and the kids and I will be observing our annual tradition of attending Unschoolers Rock the Campground on the 21-24, and then there’s Learn Nothing Day on the 26th…
And CampNaNoWriMo, of course, and something new for this year: #WordHighJuly, where I’m weaving delicious Filipino words into my Star Trek: Enterprise fanfiction (come on; you knew I had to, right?!)
But I intend to move through this month with the purpose of being present to all of it.
What’s your purpose, this month?
This post lists all of my July goals. Beginning with my Wednesday update, I‘ll include only those I’ve interacted with during that session. That leaves space to chat with you, and I get a streamlined overview of where my energy, time, and focus are going.
Round Two Goals (final update)
2016 Goals (update pending)
June 2016 Goals (final update pending)
CampNaNoWriMo #2: Complete Draft The Far Shore (Kifo Island Chronicles #5). Starting count: 19,093/~65,000 words. Scene 7/24 complete. Pacemaker goal.
CampNaNoWriMo #2: The IDIC Romance: Finish “Marriage of the Magi” (to the “Big Reveal”). Word-High July Challenge: Write 31 flash fiction stories using Filipino word prompts and my “The Definition of Emotion” theme (about 333 words each). 3/31 stories completed; longer than anticipated, but all still under 900 words.
CampNaNoWriMo #3: Draft Tsunamis (KIC #6) through Scene 12. (This goal subject to change as timing indicates.)
Sea Changes (Kifo Island Chronicles #1): Continue readthrough aloud (record and listen). Rough revisions through Scene 6/24, and submit to crit group. Completed and submitted through 2/24; 3/24 in progress; hard copy notations for 4/11 pages.
Answer blog comments and make visits, at least twice weekly. My first completion of the new round! =D
Interact on Twitter at least once a day, four times each week. If you want to chat with me there; I’m @ShanJeniah.1 /4. A bit of a post JuNoWriMo hiatus.
ROW80: Revise, polish, and submit Round 3 Sponsor Post. Keep visits and updates current. Revision done. Needs final polish and finishing; plan on doing that later today, so I can get it to Kait.
Maintain email at below 123 messages; making good use of folders. Was doing well enough till Saturday; only a small backlog of things I keep meaning to get to but haven’t yet.
FanFiction.net: Answer story comments weekly, as needed.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork (quarterlies; attendance; EOY documentation prep.) This is perennial, at least until we move from NY. Letters of Intent to Homeschool for 2016-2017 school year submitted on June 25.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, four days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life; remind/support the kids in the pitching-in they’ve agreed to do on my Accomplice’s days off. 2/4; weeding, hometending; decluttering.
Cancel Big Fish and Audible subscriptions, since we never use them and can keep the credits for a time when we might, even after we cancel.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Plans include birthday and our annual unschooling camp gathering in Plymouth, MA.
- NNWM local group: Participate in CampNaNo write-ins Tuesdays and Sundays.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Hamilton (cast album and videos), If You Were There in 1776 and Can’t You Make Them Behave, King George?; Undertale videos and music; Minecraft sharing; canoodling; PBS documentaries; conversation.
- Catch up back entries with critique group.
- Stained by Ashes: Critique two chapters each week; through Chapter Sixteen. Pacemaker plan pending.
- Review: Starfane by Lauralynn Elliott, and Dragon Time and Other Stories, by Ruth Nestvold; “Swineherdess” by ReGi McClain.
Write in Abundance and #onegoodcup journals/and meditate five times each week. 1/5 for journals, “off week” with headaches, major transitions, and some major storms.
Strenuous movement: At least an hour five times this month. Swimming, tai chi, yardtending, etc. I should blow this away while camping; it’s very hilly, and we tent camp, and there’s a lake for swimming.
- Moderate activity: At least 45 minutes, 5 times a week. Use my timer. 2/5 I can be sure of. Probably more.
Leaps of Faith:
Website/blog interface: Begin linking feature posts to website; this month is for building a form for the foundation to come.
Finish the Kindness Challenge; check out Facebook page. One post to go. Likely Monday.
Oregon bound Burtons: Clean one common and one personal shelf, drawer, bin, or flat surface each week. Snail-like progress this week.
Create Pacemaker plans for moving-parts or longer-term projects as need/interest indicate. I’ve been experimenting, and I think I’m in love. Several projects created; more on the way.