Hey there, ROWers and others!
It’s a damp and cool May Day here in upstate NY, but I don’t mind that. We’ve been short on rain, and I can almost see my lilac buds and the newly transplanted variegated hostas gifted to me by my friend Ashley bursting forth, filled with promise.
Rain is needed, for growth.
Growth is good, when it’s natural.
It can be even better when the natural is guided and shaped with an awareness of its nature. That was April, for me. My own nature, guided by purpose, and growing in unexpected but beautiful ways. I’ll be incorporating that growth into my May goals. Look for those in my Wednesday update.
Rainy weather and new months make me philosophical.
Know what I mean?
Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Finish this draft as part of Camp. Scene 40/50 in progress. Will begin once A Rising Tide is drafted – likely in early to mid May. Nothing done on this in April.
The IDIC Romance: Complete plot/pinch points for 26 stories stories, as needed to complete writing goal above. Might wrap this up in May; I only had five left to do when I changed course.
Star Trek Enterprise: Watch episodes and clips needed to complete A-Z Challenge posts.
Keep eyes open; plan Story A Day May Kifo Island stories, purchase ebook if available before month’s end. (Xavier/Yvette/Zeke may be Tsunamis; Ubunta/Quincette/Aneesha may be The Far Shore.)14/31 done; continuing into May.
Complete revisions for “Peach Liqueur Love”. Will reappear on my May goals list.
The IDIC Romance: Revisions as needed to complete writing goal above. 32/26 complete.
Answer blog comments and make visits, at least every other day. Daily or nearly so.
ROW80: Keep visits and updates current; draft, revise, and submit Round Two Sponsor Post. I am finally caught up; sorry that took so long!
Blogging From A-Z: Complete all Minioning duties in a timely manner. Wednesday and Thursday– check. No for Friday and Saturday. I will go through my bracket once more, later this week. I’m counting this as a solid first effort with a few minor lapses.
Maintain email at below 333 messages; making good use of folders. No problem here, for the first April ever! =D
FanFiction.net: Answer story comments at least twice weekly. 1/2. And a new batch waiting! Continuing in some form throughout May.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork. LOI correspondence answered; Annalise’s IHIP proofed; Jeremiah’s moving through final revision; past correspondence scanning pending. More in May.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. General maintenance; yardtending (sod removal). 6/5. I did well with this, even with the challenges, especially later in the month.
Go through all online subscriptions; cancel those we no longer need; at least one each week. Did one. It’s a start; more in May.
Continue planning/ attending outings (personal and family) as desired. Plans to take my girl swimming and shopping postponed, as she’s currently nocturnal. Did well with this.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook group as inspired, submit “Peach Liqueur Love”, and critique as possible for our small crit group. Write ins at Java‘s and Denny’s. 1/ 2 current critiques completed; have done readthrough and general notes headlines for #2. I’ll resume normal activities in May.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, each week. Conversations; cuddling; canoodling; Mel Brooks; National Parks; kitten acquisition planning; games.
- Complete 1 pending book review. That would be the excellent Slave Again,by Alana Terry. One will break the ice. Of course, I’d have to DO it for that to happen…this is staying right here until done.
Write in Abundance, Intentions, and #onegoodcup journals seven times each week. Meditate seven times weekly. Explore one new meditative practice. Journaling 7/7; meditation: 14/7. I did very well with this goal; a couple skips, but it’s become habit.
Tai chi practice: One class and one at-home practice each week. Didn’t happen. Soon, though.
Swim twice, at least 500 meters (10 complete laps at Y pool). 1 /2. It’s a beginning; carrying forward.
- Focus on sprints of activity daily (hometending, dancing, tai chi, walking, whatever), and more strenuous activities I enjoy, like swimming and hiking, twice monthly. Hometending sprints, walking; raking. 5/2 strenuous; weeding/planting/sod removal. This went quite well; I’m pleased.
- Read: Smart Change and Gift From the Sea. Done, happily. =)
Leaps of Faith:
Fan fiction stuff: Offer 26 stories at fanfiction.net. 32 /26 stories/chapters. And a passion embraced. Don’t look for me to let go of this anytime soon! =D
Initial beta reading of Stained by Ashes. Next month, I begin.
Play with website building. Brief exploration. Adapting this goal for May; ready to get more specific.
2016 Story A Day Prompts: Complete readthrough of book; mark typos; send back; draft review materials (Amazon and blog post); have all completed before April 23 (launch date) Blog post draft awaiting final revisions; I keep forgetting to finish it! Today, though.
- New: Read both candidates’ websites prior to Tuesday’s New York primary. I did due diligence, then voted. Satisfied.
- New: Use standing desk one work session 3 days per week. 0/3. Keeping on the list till this is a habit; perhaps with adaptations.