A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, from my little corner of the blogosphere…
Are you ready for a Second Serving?
- Still using the elderly laptop while the budget replenishes and other matters are seen to.
- My boy is fourteen – that’s bending my mind!
- I’m adapting, and moving forward, and have writing group plans for tonight, so I’m keeping this part brief!
Last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
Plan B Reflections: A laptop failure means I reshape my plans, and keep on writin’.
Reflections on Fourteen: As my eldest enters his second year as a teen, I look back, and write things.
The Blog Hop For Everyone Who Loves to Write!
A Summer Writing Intensive, with Cheering Section!
- Is It Too Late For A Lemonade Stand? In the final week, I faced my greatest challenge – a dead laptop….and so, I made figurative lemonade….
Mindful Monday: Because Self-Awareness is Vital to My Joyful Life.
- Mindful Monday took an unplanned hiatus, but will be back this week.
WIPpet Wednesday: Date-related WIP Snippets!
- “Past Middlenight”: A snippet from Foul Deeds Will Rise (Trueborn Weft #2). Vaara is learning that there is far more to being Kai than wielding power – and most of it feels useless.
Grab a cup of something refreshing, and let’s chat!
- Another unplanned hiatus; another return this week.
A weekly prompt to free the mind, and the words!
- Forest Grotesque: When T’Pol is lost in a decaying forest, can Trip help her? Or will the Captain unwittingly hamper their efforts? A combined #SoCS and #StaD post.
Because once a year isn’t enough, and Trip and T’Pol won’t wait!
- Questions and Answers: Prompt: Someone or something has disappeared. In this sequel to Not Jealousy, Captain Archer tries to discover the circcumstances surrounding T’Pol’s disappearance; but Trip’s not exactly making sense – and then Phlox says what Jonathan Archer doesn’t want to hear….
- The Thrill of the Hunt: Prompt: Character is a pickpocket, but has a good job, and enough money. Someone is selling stolen genetic material that belongs to Trip and T’Pol, and delighting in the dangers and challenges of the heist.
- Lost in a Burning Maze: Prompt: Character is trapped in a maze, and needs to find something of value within it. Bonus points for minotaurs, dragons, or other Scary Monster-types. T’Pol is Burning with her first true pon farr, the violent, irrational, life or death Vulcan mating drive. In her mind, she’s trapped in a maze of fire, her logic within – and Trip is the dragon behind the flames that won’t release her.
- “A Helluva Nightmare”: Prompt: Someone wakes from a dream in a strange place. Trip wakes up from a dream, to find out it’s a nightmarish reality – and T’Pol has vanished when her life depends on him. Sequel to “Burning Maze”.
- Forest Grotesque: Prompt: A character is lost in a rotting forest that was healthy the day before, and must figure out why, or risk losing something of great value. When T’Pol is lost in a horror-movie forest, can Trip help her from aboard Enterprise – while he’s unconscious? A sequel to Not Jealousy and Questions and Answers.
September is edging out of its first week, and into its second. Around here, schools will mostly begin on Wednesday, so we’re planning a trip to our state museum on Thursday, when it’ll be less crowded. Homeschool paperwork will take precedence, this week, as will blogging and Story A Day. And my Accomplice has the next few days off, so there will be lots of time for family and spousal connection, too. ❤
This week, on the blog:
- Mindful Monday: When adversity comes calling, we get to choose what we take from it. A mindful exploration of the art of lemonade-making.
- ROW80 Updates: On Sunday and Wednesday, for the duration of the round.
- WIPpet Wednesday: From The IDIC Romance; somethings different to sample.
- Coffee and Conversation: Literal coffee and conversation, and a valuable friendship renewed.
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS): A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. I’ll go wherever my wandering mind takes me…
- #8sunday: More from that delicious inter-species duo, Trip and T’Pol.
- #StaD: More new stories. With a tough, smart Vulcan lady, and the tough, smart (and really brave!) human who loves her…
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
What Piqued My Interest This Week
- Honestly, I spent a lot more time writing than surfing, so this section is also on hiatus for this week.