Round Three is all about reflection, for me: where I am, who I am, where I’d like to be, and who I’d like to be when I get there.
Oh, Monday…how did you get here so fast?
And, Sunday, where did you go in such a hurry?
The last time I checked in, I was eagerly waiting for my new power adapters to arrive. Well, they came, but didn’t solve my problem. Neither could my tech-oriented son.
Right now, money does not exist in our budget to seek repairs, so I’m getting cozy with Plan B – an elderly machine that is quite limited in its abilities, but is able to do most if not all of what I want. Not quickly, and not flexibly, but competently, in a workmanlike fashion.
I made significantly less progress than I’d hoped, and, on Wednesday, (or maybe Thursday), I’ll be revamping my goals for September, taking the reality of reduced resources into account.
Here’s where I stand, on the eve of August’s demise…
My Ready. Set. WRITE! Week 11 Update: Penultimate, Already?
Second Serving Sunday: Adversity’s Gift (a recap/mashup for your reading pleasure!).
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Complete draft of Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2. Nothing new. Next up: Draft to 95,000 words..
- The IDIC Romance:
Import all remaining independent stories and arcs into existing, chronological Scrivener binder. Get word count.Write exploratory paragraphs for all Enterprise A-Z 2016 topics. A-W paragraphs completed;23/26. Next up: X-Z. “Slow Jazz Awakening” (The IDIC Romance): Highlight detailed notes for plot, dialogue, setting, character, devices, themes, general impressions, and things for later stories in this or other arcs.Create detailed revision plan. Nothing new. Next up: draft revision plan.
- “Peach Liqueur Love” Exercises 2 and 3; Deep Revision. Next up: Complete Exercise 2; do Exercise 3. Nothing new. Next up: Changing goal to completing Exercises 2 and 3 this round.
- ROW80: Keep visits and updates current. Freewrite ideas and notes for Round 4 Sponsor Post. Mostly on visits and updates. Nothing for sponsor post. Next up: Brainstorm for Round 4; continue on-time posts/visits.
- Blog Maintenance: Catch up on comments and visits; clear pending file! Keep posting schedule. Complete blog sidebar update. Posting and comments a bit delayed due to power issues. Next up: Keep going. Evaluate sidebar.
- Make an adventure of finding cool things to share, and cool ways to share them, for two sessions (length variable) each week. Make it a scavenger hunt of bloggy treasures! 1 /2 ; pulling from here and there, and sharing here and there. Next up: More!
- Go on at least three social media adventures each week. 1/3: visits . Next up: More!
- Stretch Goal: Empty email inbox. Nothing new. Next up: More.
Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life.6/5. Did more here, as stress relief and an option to computer stuff. Next up: Keep it up! Create General Categories List of Things to Attend to Before We Move to Oregon;add specific items as/if they occur to me. Nothing new. Next up: Add three subcategories to each broad category.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork; including Fourth Quarter Reports. Submit Annalise’s test results to school district when received;
(research requirements for Grade 9),submit Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel Form. Annalise’s report proofed and RTG. Next up: Proof and package end of year reporting.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto. Great on attendance and checking in; no critiques yet. Next up: Begin crits – this week!
- Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Nothing new. Next up: Send message regarding Beta One, which I couldn’t finish. Read Beta Two through.
Meditation: Practice six times a week. Experiment with two new techniques.Meditation: 8/6; mandalas, t’ai chi and tai chi walking. Techniques: 2/2; eating meditation; tai chi walking. Next up: Continue practice. My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week. Lots of time with all, more planned.Next up: More YES!
- Stretch goal: Read 3 fellow author books; complete 5 reviews. 2/3 books read; 1/5 reviews complete. Nothing new. Next up: Write three reviews, and post. Read Slave Again, by Alana Terry.
Make time for physical activity six days a week; use phone app to track three time a week.7/6 days, 3/3 with phone; Walking, hometending, t’ai chi. Next up: More! Practice: Attend two t’ai chi classes each week;at-home practice five times weekly. 3/5 at home practice sessions; 2 / 2 classes. Next up: Expand at-home practice.
These goals are a part of Kait Nolan‘s ROW80 Writing Challenge – It’s also a blog hop –