Round Three is all about reflection, for me: where I am, who I am, where I’d like to be, and who I’d like to be when I get there.
It’s the last week of August, and I’ve got cool air blowing on me from my bedroom window and the stand fan on low while I type this and watch Prospectors. I’ve got a cuppa by my side, even though it’s past midnight, and my body is pleasantly achy and alive from an intense tai chi class.
Life is good -despite the hiccups it brings…
Like the power adapter for my Lenovo, which is becoming increasingly capricious.
Two new cords are en route. I’ve found a position in my study that’s working for charging. So I’m charging, using, repeating. It’s a different rhythm for me, but that’s not a bad thing. I’ve focused on things I might not have, and spent time with each of my beloveds. I’ve also had more space for a certain Vulcan and the human who loves her to start whispering in my head again…
My progress may look minimal, but appearances can be deceiving.
My Ready. Set. WRITE! Week 11 Update: Penultimate, Already?
Second Serving Sunday: Eighteen Years (A weekly recap/mashup for your reading pleasure!).
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
- Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Complete draft of Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2. 85,600/~150,000 words drafted. Scene 29/50 in progress. Next up: Draft to 90,000 words.
- Star Trek Chronology Project: Rewatch Star Trek: Enterprise; through S3E24: “Zero Hour”. Nothing new. Next up: Finishing the season-long Xindi arc. Hey, it’s #writingresearch! =)
- The IDIC Romance: Import all remaining independent stories and arcs into existing, chronological Scrivener binder. Get word count. Write exploratory paragraphs for all Enterprise A-Z 2016 topics. A-O paragraphs completed;15/26. Next up: P–Z.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening” (The IDIC Romance): Highlight detailed notes for plot, dialogue, setting, character, devices, themes, general impressions, and things for later stories in this or other arcs. Create detailed revision plan. Nothing new. Next up: draft revision plan.
- “Peach Liqueur Love” Exercises 2 and 3; Deep Revision. Next up: Complete Exercise 2; do Exercise 3. Nothing new. Next up: Revision is moving along well, but not quickly. Changing goal to completing Exercises 2 and 3 this month.
- ROW80: Keep visits and updates current. Freewrite ideas and notes for Round 4 Sponsor Post. Yes on visits and updates. Nothing for sponsor post. Next up: Brainstorm for Round 4; continue on-time posts/visits.
- Blog Maintenance: Catch up on comments and visits; clear pending file! Keep posting schedule. Complete blog sidebar update. Posting up to date; comments a bit delayed due to power issues. Next up: Keep going. Evaluate sidebar.
- Make an adventure of finding cool things to share, and cool ways to share them, for two sessions (length variable) each week. Make it a scavenger hunt of bloggy treasures! 1 /2 ; pulling from here and there, and sharing here and there. Next up: More!
- Go on at least three social media adventures each week. 1/3: visits .Next up: More!
- Stretch Goal: Empty email inbox. Looked, but didn’t empty anything. Next up: More.
- Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. Continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life. 2/5. Surface cleaning, and routine maintenance. Next up: Keep it up!
- Create General Categories List of Things to Attend to Before We Move to Oregon; add specific items as/if they occur to me. Nothing new. Next up: Add three subcategories to each broad category.
- Homeschool Administration: Complete all pending paperwork; including Fourth Quarter Reports and IHIPs for both. Submit Annalise’s test results to school district when received; rough draft IHIPs for 2015-2016 (research requirements for Grade 9), submit Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel Form. Nothing new. Next up: Proof and package end of year reporting.
- NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired. Read and critique both projects I’ve been hanging onto. Great on attendance and checking in; no critiques yet. Next up: Begin crits – this week!
- Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. . Next up: Send message regarding Beta One, which I couldn’t finish. Read Beta Two through.
- Meditation: Practice six times a week. Experiment with two new techniques. Meditation: 3/6; mandalas, t’ai chi. Techniques: 1 /2; eating meditation. Next up: Continue practice; delve the new.
- My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week. Lots of time with all, more planned. Next up: More YES!
- Stretch goal: Read 3 fellow author books; complete 5 reviews. 2/3 books read; 1/5 reviews complete. Nothing new. Next up: Write three reviews, and post. Read Slave Again, by Alana Terry.
- Make time for physical activity six days a week; use phone app to track three time a week. 3/6 days, 1/3 with phone; Walking, hometending, t’ai chi, Next up: More!
- Practice: Attend two t‘ai chi classes each week; at-home practice five times weekly. 1/5 at home practice sessions; 1 / 2 classes. Next up: Expand at-home practice.