A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, from my little corner of the blogosphere…
Are you ready for a Second Serving?
- After the scattered, hither and tither energy I had last week, this week has brought me renewed focus, lots of inspiration, and a few epiphanies. I attended two t’ai chi classes in a single week- it’s the first time I’ve managed to do that. My daughter, who is 11, accompanied me to my Sunday write-in. My Accomplice and I had a conversation we needed to have, and began forming a plan to improve our circumstances in significant ways. I’ve made good progress on my goals, and happily so…
And now, onto the nitty-gritty of my week!
Last week’s features:
Murky Reflections: Wherein I regain my rhythm after a camping weekend, and do some things.
This and That: As my energy shifts from scattered to more focused, pockets of progress begin to appear…
Eight Sentence Sunday: The Blog Hop For Everyone Who Loves to Write!
- “You Missed My Boots”: A protective engineer, a sick Vulcan, and a cryptic whisper…
Ready, Set, WRITE! A Summer Writing Intensive, with Cheering Section!
- Scattered: Sometimes, those scattered times yield surprising progress…
Mindful Monday: Because Self-Awareness is Vital to a Joyful Life.
- Scattered Productivity: I have an epiphany about the scattered energies that follow times of intensity, and why they’re essential to my growth and creativity.
WIPpet Wednesday: Date-related WIP Snippets!
- A Whisper of Truth: In this snippet from my fantasy novel-in-progress, Foul Deeds Will Rise (Trueborn Weft #2), Niaan faces a desperate threat – but is all as it seems?
Coffee and Conversation: Grab a cup of something refreshing, and let’s chat!
- Unschoolers Grow at the Campground: Looking at my childrens’ growth, through the lens of annual camping trips.
SoCS (Stream of Consciousness Saturday): A weekly prompt to free the mind, and the words!
- “The Seers’ Way”: Shentaa is trapped by her betrayal of a lifelong code of conduct – will she ever get free of the consequences?
Variety’s Spice: Those little extras that season life!
- De-Rutify Your Life! I’m honored to have been granted the permission to reblog and share this inspirational post by a fellow writer – the inspiring, and very funny, Amy Kennedy.
- Not A Damned Thing: Just before our camping trip, I was tapped for a freewriting challenge by fellow Weekend Writing Warrior Kim Magennis. Better late than never, right? =)
August is just about half over as I type this. The camping gear is stowed, I’m gradually digging my way out of the avalanche of homeschool paperwork, and I’ve regained my writing rhythm…this week: more paperwork (I hope to put together the end of year packet); more drafting of Foul Deeds Will Rise, which is moving along; more plotting and revision…and, of course, more time with my three beloveds; and home, yard, and selftending. More Enterprise, too! Hey, #itswritingresearch!
- More homeschooling paperwork – ’tis the season!
- Complete plotting for Sea Changes: Kifo Island Chronicles #3; begin drafting.
- Complete draft of Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft #2.
- Complete updating blog sidebar.
- Complete next revision pass (2.5) for “Slow Jazz Awakening” (The IDIC Romance)
- Complete revisions on “Peach Liqueur Love”, find a market, and submit.
- Resume revisions on Chameleon’s Dish.
This week, on the blog:
Ready, Set, WRITE!: Update #10. A week of Deep Thoughts…but no Jack Handey.
- Mindful Monday: I explore a new meditative technique, courtesy of Colleen Chesebro at Silver Threading.
- ROW80 Updates: On Sunday and Wednesday, for the duration of the round.
- WIPpet Wednesday: Back to Foul Deeds Will Rise; spending some time with a new mother.
- Coffee and Conversation: Epiphanies and inspiration lead to something that might be the beginning of a pla – not a plan, just yet – but something that might become one, with time and care.
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS): A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. I’ll go wherever my wandering mind takes me…
- #8sunday: Another FDWR snippet from Shentaa’s POV.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- How Learning Happens: I’m tickled pink to share this wonderful article written by my dear sister-friend, Sylvia Woodman. It’s so cool when I know the people and places involved well enough to envision these learning moments in delightful detail!
- 5 Secrets to Make You Fall in Love with Windows 10: I learned a few things, and put them to immediate use – maybe you can, too!
- To the Teenage Girls at the Swimming Pool: If you’re expecting a dissing of teens, this isn’t that. Instead, it’s a refreshing glimpse at what we can learn from the next generation. If you know any adolescents, please read this!
That’s what I’ve been up to, and will be getting up to.
What about you? Anything exciting happening in your corner of the world?
Any Second Servings to offer?
(Yes, I’m a little nosy. Writer thing.)
If you want to satisfy my perhaps inappropriate curiosity,
drop a line, a link, or an image into the rectangular receptacle below –
or just pass around the serving platter!