A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, from my little corner of the blogosphere…
Are you ready for a Second Serving?
- It’s been another busy week, in Shan-land (it’s possible I just made that up…). Write-ins, drafting, blogging, family connection, and, yesterday, the twelfth anniversary of Elijah’s death, and a daring leap that didn’t go exactly as planned but was lovely just the same.
- I’ve made considerable forward progress on my Camp NaNoWriMo drafting; Foul Deeds Will Rise (Trueborn Weft #2) ended the week at 60,483 words, entering the midpoint. The characters are living and breathing, and routinely doing things that confound me, tangle up my plotting, and generally make the story far better than I could on my own. =)
Last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
Funhouse Mirror Reflections: When all my plans go awry, but words are written, in the spaces and angles….
Many Many Words: A chaotic spell, and lots of writing!
Eight Sentence Sunday: The Blog Hop For Everyone Who Loves to Write!
- “Any Trust at All”: Things are changing swiftly in the Kai’s Keep. Except from Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series (Volume #2).
Ready, Set, WRITE! A Summer Writing Intensive, with Cheering Section!
- Writing On Amid Entropy: The week that began with a difficult birth anniversary, and ended with – well, lovely chaos….or something like it.
Mindful Monday: Because Self-Awareness is Vital to a Joyful Life.
- #onegoodcup After Another: My #onegoodcup journal provides a place to work through even the most intransigent of family-of-birth thorniness…and a reminder of why some relationships are better released.
WIPpet Wednesday: Date-related WIP Snippets!
- First Ripening: An R rated, adults-only, trigger warning bearing sexual ambush...from the antagonist’s rather warped point-of-view. Another snippet from FDWR, Draft 1.
Coffee and Conversation: Grab a cuppa, and let’s chat!
- (Maybe Not So) Boldly Growing (in the Coffee Shop): When death anniversaries and open-mic poetry night intersect…growth can happen.
SoCS (Stream of Consciousness Saturday): A weekly prompt to free the mind, and set loose the words!
- “Only for a Thirtygrain”: Vaara discovers that she’s trapped – but not without resources born of her Tribed nature, and her personal history. But will a thirtygrain be enough time to complete her Hunt? A longer passage from FDWR.
This week, in addition to wrapping up CampNaNoWriMo and having a birthday, I’ll be camping for real. The kids and I are headed to Plymouth, MA for Unschoolers Rock the Campground, an annual chance to gather with a lovely tribe of peaceful, interesting, and loving folk from around the Northeast. I anticipate lots of time at the lake, a potential girls’ sleepover, lots of connection, and not so much writing – my mind tends to be full of the moments, during that time…
So, I’ll be hustling to get packed, to reach my Camp goal – only a bit under 13K to go, now! – and to get as many blog posts as I can manage done and scheduled before we leave, because, in addition to the camping, internet tends to be capricious, there.
What I will be able to do, in moments of quiet, will be some of the revision and plotting things on that list down there, which have been waiting very quietly all month for their turn to arrive…and it’s almost here! =)
, death anniversaries, and other emotional rollercoaster stuff…
- More homeschooling paperwork – ’tis the season!
- Unschoolers Rock the Campground
- Complete plotting for Sea Changes: Kifo Island Chronicles #3.
- Complete plotting for Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2
- Complete 75,000 words for July CampNaNoWriMo.
- Update blog sidebar.
- Complete next revision pass (2.5) for “Slow Jazz Awakening”
- Resume revisions on “Peach Liqueur Love”
This week, on the blog:
Ready, Set, WRITE!: Update #7. As things settle into a more typical rhythm, right before another pattern shift, I assess my progress, and set some bare-bones camping week goals.
- Mindful Monday: Perception, presumption, and where they can lead…
- ROW80 Updates: On Wednesday and Sunday, for the duration of the round.
- WIPpet Wednesday: It’s my birthday, and, hobbit-style, I offer a surprise gift to my readers!
- Coffee and Conversation: Camping with our unschooling tribe – then and now….
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS):A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. I’ll go wherever my wandering mind takes me…perhaps to a campground not so far, far away, where my body will be; or maybe somewhere completely different.
- #8sunday: I extend my “birthday gift” to my readers with a few more sentences of…
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- Want to Stay Happily Together? Here’s a list of basics.
- Ever wonder what it’d be like to travel through our solar system at the speed of light? Here’s your chance to find out!
- Since Windows was sweet enough to give me a birthday present this year….I gift you with a sneak peek!