Ready. Set. WRITE!, is a summer writing intensive that provides an opportunity to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing. We set goals, write like crazy, and keep one another accountable.
On Mondays, we check in at the linky, or one of the host blogs. Come join in, or cheer us on!
And now, without further fuss and bother, my update!
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
How I Did On Last Week’s Goals:
- Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: draft to 70K as my July CampNaNoWriMo novel. Current total: 66,256. Words to goal: 3,744. I didn’t quite get there, but I made very good progress, and the story’s still taking off at the midpoint, so I’m calling this almost a win.
- Publish 9 regular features posts, 8/9; another almost win. The last one will be up by the time you read this post. I ran out of week just a little too soon!
- Catch up all blog comments and visits. This will stay until I get there – your comments are important to me! Fine-tune the flow…and get to at least a few of the ‘pending’ comments, too! Dealt with more pending comments…and I’m catching most or all of the new ones quickly. I’ve upped my visiting this week, as well. Another almost.
- Create Jeremiah’s Homeschool Peer Reveiw Panel Assessment Form for 2014-2015; submit Annalise’s PASS test scores to school district. Peer Review complete sans final paragraph/statement, and signature lines. Not a win; getting closer, though
- Write in Intentions journal/ #onegoodcup journal six times. Meditate four times. 7/6 journals;8 /4 meditation (mandala x4; t’ai chi.). This one is a GREAT BIG WIN! And I mean that in more than a goal attained sense, I mean it in a peace and self-awareness sense, too!
- Actually visit the #RSW2015 hashtag! =) I did -and found out it’s actually #RSWrite! Good to know – and now I’ve got a column on my Tweetdeck, and I’ll be back again! Another HUGE WIN!
My goals for this week:
Wednesday’s my birthday, and Thursday, my kids and I leave for our annual unschoolers’ camping gathering. My goals are shifting to accommodate fun, swimming, community, and lotsa joy!
- Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: Draft to 75K as my July CampNaNoWriMo novel, and validate by midnight on Wednesday, July 29, which also happens to be my birthday. Current total: 66,256. Words to goal: 8,744. I can do this! I will do this! I AM doing this! =D
- “Slow Jazz Awakening”: Highlight detailed notes for plot and dialogue. There are 16 scenes‘ worth of notes to go through, but I won’t need internet or vast swaths of time, so that makes it perfect for a camping weekend.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercise 2. Reread what I have written so far, and do Exercise #2. Another project that can be easily done offline – and it’s been waiting a loong time!
- Kifo Island Chronicles: Finish plotting Sea Changes (KIC#3), using Rock Your Plot. I’ve got the book downloaded on my Kindle, and I can do this in small scraps of time, a little at a time. Perfect for camping!
- The IDIC Romance: Import 2015 Story A Day May stories into existing, chronological Scrivener binder.I‘ve already created the files for these; this week, I’ll move the text into them, which will make planning and drafting next year’s Enterprise: A-Z stories a far simpler matter.
- Publish 9 regular features posts; schedule ahead if possible, With camping, I may not get to all of them – other priorities, and spotty Internet. I’ll do my best.
- Catch up all blog comments and visits. This will stay until I get there – your comments are important to me! This might be back-burnered for most of this week, due to spotty internet.
- Prepare for and attend Unschoolers Rock the Campground with the kids. This is my primary focus for this week -and the highlight of our social calendar. Aim for peaceful preparation, an uneventful drive to and from, and All the Joy!
- Write in Intentions journal/ #onegoodcup journal six times. Meditate four times. Keeping the same numbers, due to travel and camping, and the difference in flow they’ll bring.
- T’ai chi practice four times. For something new…I’ve been working on making a habit of this, so here it is; and, best yet, I can do it in just a few minutes, in very little space
- Visit the #RSWrite hashtag twice! Upping the ante on this one.
A favorite line from my story OR a word or phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised:
“We know, and we will tend to it as best as we are able – but that is not by Running to the Pridekeep, to put ourselves once again within reach of his barbs, his talons, and his fangs. It be his blood that runs in our veins, but that makes us not his tool, nor his plaything – nor, ever, his Solemate!”
The biggest challenge I faced this week:
- Saturday was the twelfth anniversary of the death of our secondborn, Elijah, who lived only twelve days. I don’t know if July 25 will ever NOT be an emotionallly challenging day, for me…
Something I love about my WIP:
That it’s so much better than what I plotted (which was pretty good!).