Ready. Set. WRITE!, is a summer writing intensive that provides an opportunity to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing. We set goals, write like crazy, and keep one another accountable.
On Mondays, we check in at the linky, or one of the host blogs. Come join in, or cheer us on!
And now, without further fuss and bother, my update!
I was a day late last week, and the linky list closed before I could post my link. That was a bummer, and I’m determined that, despite a weekend when everything I tried to do seemed to go of in some random and unexpected direction, I’ll have this post up by midnight!
I’m not going to say a lot, except this: I’m writing. The story has come to life, and I’m more or less along for the ride, waiting to see how much cooler my characters are going to make this story than what I plotted….
So, up goes the post, and on goes my life – see you all next week! Don’t forget to check out some other RSW posts at the #RSW2105 hashtag, or check in on the linky..
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
How I Did On Last Week’s Goals:
I’m making progress…not the blazing, get-to-everything progress I was hoping for, but progress that fit relatively sanely with the rest of life…but when I look at my goals list, I see I did indeed make progress!
- Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: draft to 45K as my July CampNaNoWriMo novel. 40,202/45,000 words. I didn’t quite make it, due to life being, well…life. I did write 34,135 words for the week, so this is a positive, if not quite the win I was hoping for.
- Publish 9 regular features posts, and submit ROW80 Round 3 Sponsor Post. Sponsor post delivered. 8/9 features posted or scheduled, and.a bonus reblog, too! The final post (my ROW80 update) ran late. Almost a win on posting; but the sponsor post is a solid win!
- Catch up all blog comments and visits. This will stay until I get there – your comments are important to me! Fine-tune the flow…and get to at least a few of the ‘pending’ comments, too! Made some dedicated ‘elderly comment’ and visiting time in my Thursday cycle.. keeping new comments tended to, and even answered five pending comments. Not caught up, but closer by a bit.
- Create Jeremiah’s Homeschool Peer Reveiw Panel Assessment Form for 2014-2015; submit Annalise’s PASS test scores to school district. I’ve started the peer review form, and photographed th test results, which came earlier in the week. No win, but progress.
- Write in Intentions journal/ #onegoodcup journal five times. 5/5. This can safely be called habit, I think! =D A great big WIN!!!
- Actually visit the #RSW2015 hashtag! =) No, still not. Almost, but the weekend chaos got in the way…
My goals for this week:
- Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2: draft to 70K as my July CampNaNoWriMo novel. This translates to 29,798 words for the week; less than last week’s total.
- Publish 9 regular features posts, Since I ‘m still in the thick of drafting, I won’t be too fussy about timing – I just want to get all 9 up by week’s end.
- Catch up all blog comments and visits. This will stay until I get there – your comments are important to me! Fine-tune the flow…and get to at least a few of the ‘pending’ comments, too! Keep on fitting this into my schedule….
- Create Jeremiah’s Homeschool Peer Reveiw Panel Assessment Form for 2014-2015; submit Annalise’s PASS test scores to school district. I started; now time to finish! =)
- Write in Intentions journal/ #onegoodcup journal six times. Meditate four times. Adding a bit to this goal, for the stretch, and the soul.
- Actually visit the #RSW2015 hashtag! =) Giving this to myself as a gift!
line passage from my story:
“She had no answers, as yet – nay, the first Hunt must be for the words to speak what was there within her, growing and ever Changing. Then must come the Hunt that planned the Hunt to help those who had the need…
So many Hunts – and no certainty that she would take her prey, that she wasn’t simply snapping at dartwings..”.
The biggest challenge I faced this week:
- Entropy. Sometimes life just doesn’t go according to plan, and I’m not as good at adapting as I’d like to be…this week, I’ll try for more flexibility. =)
Something I love about my WIP:
- The characters have all come to life – and there’s more life, conflict, depth, strength, hunger, vulmerability and all those other great storymaking threads than I could ever have planned…which gives me an idea you might hear more about, in a week of two.
That’s it for me. Come back next Monday, July 20, to see how I’m doing. Join in or cheer us on! There’ll be Twitter parties (using the hashtag #RSW2015), giveaways and fun (I like fun!). And writing. Lots of that!