Round Three is all about reflection, for me: where I am, who I am,
where I’d like to be, and who I’d like to be when I get there…
As the title of this post says, today is the day…the day our second child would begin his last year as a pre-teen. The day he’d be ready to sit up front, in the passenger seat of my aged Subaru Outback, and maybe start asking questions about how to drive, the way his older brother did, a couple of years back. The day we’d do the things he wanted to do, all day long if that’s how he wanted it, the way we did for his younger sister’s birthday, just last Wednesday…
It didn’t turn out that way. Instead, we received his death certificate in the mail the day before his birth certificate arrived. That’s a very different kind of reality…and, needless to say, going from the joys of last week to the memories of today isn’t an easy transition…
I could pretend I’ve wholly made peace with that, but I’d be lying. Instead, I’m going to take Teddy Roosevelt’s advice, and do what I can, where I am, with what I have.
Two amazing living children. And one who died, but gave another child a profound gift of life. That little girl, whoever she is, is a teenager now, and every time her heart beats, my child’s heart valves, strong and healthy, open and close in her heart, moving her blood, fueling her life…that’s profound, to me.
That’s what I’m going to hold onto, as I share this slightly-late-but-for-good-reasons update.
But before you read on, please hug someone you love. For me. For Elijah. And for you! ❤
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
Trueborn Warp/Weft Series: Complete plotting Foul Deeds Will Rise: Trueborn Weft Series #2, using The Snowflake Method ,and draft. This is my primary focus for July; Plotting complete at last; 3,353/75,000 words drafted: Scene 3/50 in progress.
- Star Trek Chronology Project: Rewatch Star Trek: Enterprise; complete through S2E26: “The Expanse”. Nothing new.
- The IDIC Romance: Fit 2015 Story A Day May stories into existing, chronological Scrivener binder; fix continuity errors. A tertiary focus until complete. Nothing new.
- “Slow Jazz Awakening”: Highlight detailed notes for plot, dialogue, setting, character, devices, themes, general impressions, and things for later stories in this or other arcs. Tertiary focus for this round; good for the campground or breaks from more intense projects.
- Complete “Peach Liqueur Love” Deep Revision, Exercise 2. Another less-intensive tertiary focus.
- ROW80: Submit sponsor post;
keep visits up-to-date.I’ve got a great idea for my sponsor post, drafting complete. I’m running a bit late, but will have it to Kait before midnight. Visits current.
- Blog Maintenance: Keep regular posting schedule, comments, and visits. Continue on-time posting; up the ante a bit on commenting and visiting. A secondary goal for July. Was doing well, until Sunday, when I fell down a bit…hope to be caught up by Wednesday’s posts.
- Share posts – mine, and others’: Share generously and variously as inspired! Get out of my comfort zone a bit with this one, and explore some new ideas… Secondary goal for July. I shared some; there’ll be more when I’m a bit more balanced with drafting and posting.
Go on at least one social media adventure each week. I’ve been treating this like a chore – time to have fun with it!2/1 for the week; I had a brief Twitter interlude; to get my feet wet…
Continue decluttering/beautification projects; in home and/or yard, five days weekly. I’ve got a flow now; ride the waves, and continue making improvements to our home and our quality of life.6/5; Hometending; weeding; planted beans and carrots.
- Create General Categories List of Things to Attend to Before We Move to Oregon; add specific items as/if they occur to me. Tertiary brainstorming list, for this round.
- Homeschool Administration: Submit Annalise’s test results to school district when received; rough draft IHIPs for 2015-2016 (research requirements for Grade 9), create Jeremiah’s Peer Review Panel Form. These are good ‘productive fillers’; secondary goal for July.
NNWM local group: Attend write-ins regularly, and check in on the Facebook and Twitter groups as inspired.Complete one critique. This is a great group; time to give back! =) Two critique projects already queued and waiting…
- Complete the two beta reads I’ve had waaay too long. Tertiary goal for July.
- Meditation: Practice four times a week. Experiment with two new techniques. Increasing the frequency and variety will provide me with more options, and help create a habit.2/4 for this week. Bought a mandala meditation kit at a thrift store…I’ve started playing with it a bit: 1/ 2 new techniques.
- Starfleet: Fill out application and check on summer USS Albany group meeting schedule. A tertiary filler project.
My beloveds: One on one time with each, doing something of value to us both, several times each week.Birthdaying and walks with my girl; shopping and dinner with both kids; chats with everyone; couples’ time with my Accomplice.
Make time for physical activity every day; use phone app to track three time a week.7/7 days, 5/3 with phone; adding goals. Lots of walking on Wednesday! Mellower Thursday; some hometending.
- Practice: Attend t’ai chi regularly; begin consistent at-home practice. Aim to add second class weekly. At home practice will provide even more goodness, between, and count as meditation, besides. Due to travel, car sharing, and nocturnal tendencies; I haven’t been in three weeks.
These goals are a part of Kait Nolan’s ROW80 Writing Challenge –
It’s also a blog hop – Find more ROWers right here!