A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead,
from my little corner of the blogosphere!
Are you ready?
- Click the link for my recent posting history!
It’s been a week of writing and plotting, family connection, hometending, deep thoughts, and inspirations beginning to rise to the surface in a series of exciting little bubblings-up. It’s a little like a Yellowstone mud pot of the mind.
I’m heading toward the light at the end of the tunnel, three scenes from the end of the most emotionally difficult novel I’ve ever drafted, and I’ve got a fairly firm sense, now, of how it’s all going to come together (as usual, my characters, once plotted and released to their own lives, went off the plan in ways that were unexpected and far more real than what I envisioned!).
Sometime in the next few hours, I will complete my JuNoWriMo challenge, with 50,000 new words (As I type this, I’m at 48,458; given my activity pattern, I’ll probably reach the goal before this is posted). I expect to finish this novel sometime today or tomorrow, which means I will be stepping up my plotting for Sea Changes (Kifo Island Chronicles #3) and Foul Deeds Will Rise (Trueborn Weft Series #2), which will both be receiving some drafting treatment in July…
July, which is a deeply emotionally charged month for me, and the final month of this four-month creative marathon. Although I’ve loved the challenges and the results, there will be a certain quiet joy in shifting, at month’s end, to the quieter world of revision and reflection…
What does July mean to you?
Last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
- Just Add Water: The penultimate update finds me at poolside, a state away from home, with the kids, soaking up friends and fun before a long drive home.
- Growing Through a Restful Pause: What I plan to do on my ROW80 vacation – hint, writing is my default!
Eight Sentence Sunday: An eight to ten sentence fictional hors-d’ouvre!
- “Apt to Crouch and Hide”: In this excerpt from Generations (KIC#2), Gladys and Donovan consider what has made Airisu so timid.
Ready. Set. Write! (updates on Mondays, from 6/15 on)!
- Ramblings and Writings: I make some progress toward my weekly goals, and enjoy a weekend away!
Mindful Monday: A weekly foray into self-awareness and intention.
- On the Horizon: Parenting with Intention Part 4: For the past three weeks, we’ve explored the past and present of my journey to mindfulness in parenting. Now, for the fourth installment, we bring out the crystal ball, and peer into the future…
WIPpet Wednesday: A date-related snippet from a WIP (Work in Progress). Get it? WIPpet!
- Did It? After a frightening incident with her stepfather, Airisu runs away to consider whether it means what he said it did. Another excerpt from Generations.
Coffee and Conversation: In which we explore personal realities, over a cuppa!
- “Are You Their Parent, or Their Friend?” What if I don’t happen to think I have to choose only one? Let’s share perspectives and a cuppa, while we converse!
SoCS (Stream of Consciousness Saturday): A freely-written, unedited (except for typos), passage.
- Something to Say: A pivotal moment in Generations. Gladys formally meets Terrance Acosta, who isn’t what he seemed, when he crashed the wedding reception.
Variety’s Spice: Extra seasoning to add diversity to life!
- A Bonus Cuppa With Chrys Fey: Introducing Ghost of Death gives us a sneak peek into an eerie mystery with an unlikely ally…the deceased.
As June prepares to roll into July, I’m wrapping up some of these goals. None finished, quite yet, but several teetering on the edge, just waiting for that good gust of focus…that’s what the next few days will be, for me – blowing gusts of focused energy at various projects, to see what I can complete before I run out of month…
- Complete all homeschool paperwork/testing.
- Complete JuNoWriMo.
- Complete drafting Generations: Kifo Island Chronicles #2.
- Plot Sea Changes: Kifo Island Chronicles #3.
- Plot next Trueborn Weft Series novel for July CampNaNoWriMo.
- Update blog sidebar.
- Complete revisions and submit “Slow Jazz Awakening”
- Resume revisions on “Peach Liqueur Love”
This week, on the blog:
- ROW80 Updates: Sunday. I share how I did on my Round Two Goals; progress update for my 2015 Goals on Wednesday.
- #8sunday: Eight to ten new sentences from….well, I think I’ll keep that a surprise for now.
- Next week’s Second Serving! Exciting blogposts! Story excerpts! Bits of life as I know it! How could we go wrong?
- Ready. Set. Write!: My Week Five Update! I intend for this to be filled with new projects, and much progress – and fun! =D
- Mindful Monday: A #onegoodcup update: I’ve been having my cuppa for a couple of months now, and some things have happened…
- WIPpet Wednesday: New stuff for April – July. I’ll be sharing whatever I’m writing, when I get to planning Wednesday’s posts. This week….something else. Yup, that’s all I’m saying about that!
- Coffee and Conversation: And here comes July…my own personal emotional roller coaster of a month…I explore the heights and the descents as they commence…
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS): A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. Might be fictional, or non, depending on how and where the stream flows…but probably fictional through July – the last month of my four-month creative marathon!
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- Join in this blog safari – no animals were harmed!
- Unregrettable: Some thoughts about living with regrets – and a call to just ditch the nasty little buggers!
- Ever have a feeling you can’t describe? Here’s a resource I love – for my own feelings, and #itswritingresearch!