Because it’s summer, and I’m in the mood to try something new, I’m diving into Ready. Set. Write!
What is it, you ask? Look here for the whole scoop, or below for a quick rundown of what it is and why I’m playing adapted from Alison Miller’s description.
For the past two summers, Alison Miller, Katy Upperman, Erin Funk, Jaime Morrow, and Elodie Nowodazkij have hosted Ready. Set. WRITE!, a summer writing intensive that provides an opportunity to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing—planning, drafting, or revising (or, like me, all of the above, and some blogging and homeschooling paperwork for, ummm, seasoning). We set goals, write/revise/plan/blog/report like crazy, and keep one another accountable.
Accountability and goal setting are huge, but RSW isn’t intended to detract from writing. To that end, and with the exception of this intro, which seems to have gotten into the fertilizer, or maybe the quadrotriticale… my updates for this intensive will be concise— just the facts. I’ve got lots of words to excavate this summer, after all!
Each Monday there will be a linky posted on all of the host blogs. I’ll be linking up there, then popping around to some other participants’ blogs, to spread some summer sunshine!
Having fun with the facts!
My goals for this inaugural week:
Goal attained = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress = green.
Goal-in-waiting = red.
Kifo Island Chronicles Series:
- Generations (KIC #2): Complete through Scene 15. My goal is to finish this difficult draft by the 24th.
Completed Scenes: 9/24.
- Sea Changes (KIC#3):
Set plot/pinch points for all characters;Organize scene by scene outline. I’ll be starting this draft once Generations is complete; I’d like to have plotting completed before the 24th, so I have an idea where I’m headed. Plot/pinch points set.
- Write one sentence ideas for G-M 2016 potential topics. I want to have 26 stories chosen, plotted and drafted before the end of the year; this year I struggled to complete my A-Z posts on time, due to Life.
Letters complete; 6/26.
Trueborn Weft Series:
- Foul Deeds Will Rise: Write one paragraph summary for this novel using The Snowflake Method.
“Slow Jazz Awakening” Scenes 6 – 12: Reread scenes/in-line comments; create detailed revision notes. Completing this revision in high on my June to-do list. Scene 6/16 in progress.
- Publish 9 regular features posts, on time. 1/9 completed. 4/9 in progress.
- Create blog page for IDIC stories. List links to 2015 Story A Day May posts, and the prompts that inspired each. Eventually, there may be a summary for each, and other IDIC story links, as well.
Story links gathered.
- Write #StaD wrapup post. I plan this as Friday’s Coffee and Conversation post; and a lead-in for StoryFest. Draft in progress.
- Blog sidebar: Play with one new widget. My sidebar is crying out for a serious freshening-up, but it keeps getting pushed aside for Other Things. Little by little, I’m going to change this!
Sidebar tidied; widgets browsed.
- Finish adminstering Annalise’s test. State-mandated standardized test;
2/3 sections complete.
- Complete third quarter reports for both children and submit to school district. These are due on the 15th. Annalise’s report about 75% complete; Jeremiah’s not yet begun.
- Write in Intentions journal/ #onegoodcup journal three times. I’m finding these inspirational, and a great place to noodle with all manner of ideas. 2/3 complete for each.