Sometimes growth is a rampant, busting out at the seams affair – and other times, it slips in quiet and deep and still….
Know what I mean?
After the tumult of last week, when my daughter’s hormones were running wild and sending her into a growing-up tailspin, things have calmed down. It’s gone from being cool to hot again. The kids had a lovely Sunday with their cousins, with lots of swimming. I had my writing group Sunday, and t’ai chi Tuesday…
And some deep thoughts, some deep connection, some deep creativity.
It’s not flashy, and not so obvious, by looking at my update…but it’s here, within me. It’ll build into progress, although it may not take a form that I’m expecting right now.
Life and growth are like that.
Like the spontaneous walk I just went on with my daughter (it’s 10:30pm Tuesday as I write this). She told me it was beautiful and calming out, and she was right – moon and clouds and breeze again…and the first fireflies of the season – and a tiny, few-inches long snake that I fortunately stepped over, not on, because I didn’t see it on the road until she pointed it out and we watched it slither away.
Sometimes, a few minutes of living, of opening, can offer up so much beauty and wonder…and connection, her growing hand in mine, her thoughts shared…
Sometimes, the best parts aren’t on any goals list, but held in our souls and our memories.=)
Have you had any of those moments lately?
My most recent Story a Day tales:
- Something Completely Different…(as yet untitled and incomplete story for May 22)….coming along slowly, but coming along!
- Letters Unsent: In the wake of a huge shift in their relationship, Trip and T’Pol are at the center of a communications breakdown.
- “She’s A Natural”: Trip watches T’Pol with their daughter, and reflects upon her maternal instincts.
- Born of Us Both: A private interlude for a new family…shhh, they’re nesting…in a blanket fort!
The Big Scoop on what I’ve been up to this week is at Second Serving Sunday!
Goal attained (for the session, or the round) = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress (for the session or the round) = green.
Goal-in-waiting (for the round) = red.
Continue Kifo Island Chronicles Series:
- Sea Changes: (KIC#3): Complete all planning and plotting; ready to go for JuNoWriMo. This is a secondary goal for the rest of the month…not happening yet. New goal: Have it ready by the time I finish Generations (KIC#2). Next up: Complete Rock Your Plot Premise Testing Exercises; set plot/pinch points for all.
Draft 31 Story a Day MayTrip and T’Pol stories. Use prompts.
25/31 stories drafted, and over 79,0000K new words since the beginning of May.Still a little behind, right now – the May 22 story is finally moving (second midpoint pending); May 24th was nearly 6K. 25Th and 26th complete;and 27th percolating. Next up, drafting remaining 6 daily stories; completing notes and transcription/development for remaining 16 ideas.
Complete revisions for “Slow Jazz Awakening” and submit. Rereading scenes and notes, compiling revision planning notes; nothing new this session:
2/16 scenes complete.Organic adaptations to general to-do list for next revision pass. Next up: Continue rereading scenes and notes; create revision pass plan.
Complete all sponsor visits on time; visit 3 other blog hop and challenge participants each day, on average. Yes!
- Clean up/update blog sidebar. Nothing new. Next up: Play with some widgets! =D
- Beginning May 1, a post for each day’s #StaD story. Post stories,snippets, story sparks; or related essays on progress or process.
25/31. Mostly stories and snippets.Next up: Continue,and develop some update posts…like for Mindful Monday.
- Continue with hometending. At least 5 days weekly; include decluttering and yard projects minimum of 3 days. 2/5 days; 1/3 yard/declutter.
Mellow to moderate activity level here, indoor stuff.Next up: Continue this trend, paying attention to my own needs for activity and rest.
ontinue one-on-one time with all beloveds; online and in-person writerly socialization; time with friends; social media. Blogs and comments; a bit of Facebook; write-in; hangout time with each of my beloveds. Much, much time with a growing-up-is-HARD girl. Next up: More of this– and more patience and calmness when I state my needs and feelings. Touched-out is touched-out, but I can be kinder about needing a few minutes’ respite, too, and remember how much I would have loved that, when I was a growing-up girl.
- Expand and extend in ways that feel natural and challenging without forcing. Try two new things each week. Next up….something new (maybe more pansies – thanks, cold nights! =(
- Continue physical activity and exercise – 3 times/week at minimum. 2/3: H
ometending; t’ai chi.Next up: More moving; more tending; more exercise; more t’ai chi. Attend t’ai chi weekly .One at-home practice move per week. This week’s move: Cloud Hands. Next up: Possibly attend Thursday class. Practice. Because practice makes better. Meditate/Intentions journal twice weekly. 1 /2: Breathing meditation, t’ai chi with standing meditation; 2 /2: Intentions Journal exploration and writing.Next up: Cementing Intentions journal habit.
Click the icon to enter the blog hop and ROW away!