Hi there! How’s this fine Wednesday treating you? It’s cool, cloudy, and breezy here, the kind of day that seems to beg for reading, writing, sunggling, lots of coffee, and maybe some TV. So far, I’ve had at least some of all of those, and done a little very mellow hometending.
Mostly, I’ve been contemplating and deepening. In yesterday’s t’ai chi class, our instructor, Sal, incorporated eight minutes of standing meditation into our warmup, interspersed with our movements. Each time we did a standing pose, he urged us to imagine ourselves putting roots into the floor, deeper and deeper.
That describes this session, for me. I didn’t spend much time working from my goals list; instead, I was more inwardly focused, following where whim and intuition led me…I was so inspired by this meme by August McLaughlin that I even wrote a post about it – and I lived it, too.
Like those I hope my new pansies will grow.
Like a deep, lifelong friendship that has roots that extend through every layer of my life; sustaining and enriching. Like spending most of Tuesday with my Syster-by-choice, Eden Mabee, doing what we’ve done since we were nine or so – talking about stories, creating stories, getting a little silly, swimming, nibbling…I always feel so very much myself, with her. It’s been a sometimes rocky road, this being in one another’s life…but those deep roots….they’re strong.
It’s that I want to tend, in writing and in life. Deep roots don’t show directly above the surface, but they’re what feeds everything else. They’re my stable foundation.
What roots you? How do you feed and sustain that grounding growth? How is it reflected in the way you blossom? You’ll add a little color to my day, if you share!
In the meantime, here’s what I did!
My most recent Story a Day tales:
- The Captain’s Mess: Why can’t Captain Archer use his private space, and why is he so angry about it? Could be that the space is occupied, who’s occupying it, and why…
- “Dinner With the Boss Tonight”:Why is Trip trying to talk T’Pol out of dinner with the Captain, and what does it have to do with Orion women or that hypospray in her hand? Prequel to The Captain’s Mess.
- Pillow Talk? Trip wakes up in a compromising position…and that’s only the first surprise in this sequel to Sticking Point.
Last week’s news at Second Serving Sunday. My updated Round 2 goals, and 2015 goals.
Goal attained (for the session, or the round) = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress (for the session or the round) = green.
Goal-in-waiting (for the round) = red.
Continue Kifo Island Chronicles Series:
- Generations (KIC#2): Continue writing a minimum of 1 scene/week. Next up: Nothing. My soul is telling me to take a break from this one, both to get a better feel for it, and to gather the necessary strength to finish this difficult story. I’m listening to my soul till JuNoWriMo, and developing a plan that will keep it from dominating my life.
- Sea Changes: (KIC#3): Complete all planning and plotting; ready to go for JuNoWriMo. This is a secondary goal for the rest of the month…Next up: Reread all background material for the 3 POV characters; complete Rock Your Plot Premise Testing Exercises.
Draft 31 Story a Day May Trip and T’Pol stories. Use prompts.
19/31 stories drafted, and over 51,0000K new words since the beginning of May. Have a brainstormed list of topics to develop for next year’s Enterprise – A-Z stories. Percolating for rest of May. It seems as though every story is triggering at least one, and usually more than one idea; I’m going with the flow of what comes.Next up, drafting remaining 12 daily stories; completing notes and transcription/development for remaining 16 ideas.
Complete revisions for “Slow Jazz Awakening” and submit. Rock Your Revisions . Rereading scenes and notes, compiling revision planning notes; nothing new this session:
2/16 scenes complete.Organic adaptations to general to-do list for next revision pass. Next up: Continue rereading scenes and notes; create revision pass plan.
Complete all sponsor visits on time;visit 3 other blog hop and challenge participants each day, on average. Not as many visits as I intended to do; much other stuff, instead.
- Clean up/update blog sidebar. Some brainstorming. Next up: Play with some widgets! =D
- Beginning May 1, a post for each day’s #StaD story. Post snippets, story sparks; or related essays on progress or process.
19/31.Next up: Continue,and develop some update posts…like for Mindful Monday.
- Continue with hometending. At least 5 days weekly; include decluttering and yard projects minimum of 3 days. 2/5 days; 2/3 yard/declutter
. General hometending; mostly laundry, dishes, and tidying. Planted pansies and mowed front yard. Day off Tuesday. Next up: Continue this trend, paying attention to my own needs for activity and rest.
Continue one-on-one time with all beloveds; online and in-person writerly socialization; time with friends; social media. Blogs and comments; a bit of Facebook; hangout time with each of my beloveds, and Tuesday with my Syster.Next up: More of this! Expand and extend in ways that feel natural and challenging without forcing. Try two new things each week. 2/2 new things – planted pansies by the mailbox, and wrote my first Mindful Monday post.Next up….something new!
Continue physical activity and exercise – 3 times/week at minimum. 3/3: Mowing/hometending Sunday/Monday. T’ai chi and swimming on Tuesday.Next up: More moving; more tending; more exercise; more t’ai chi. Attend t’ai chi weekly .Add one at-home practice move per week. This week’s move: Cloud Hands. Attended Tuesday class; deep and inspiring.Next up: Possibly attend Thursday class. Practice. Because practice makes better. Meditate/Intentions journal twice weekly. 3 /2: Meditation (t’ai chi and standing meditation; breathing meditation twice);1 /2: Intentions Journal exploration.. Next up: Creating Intentions journal habit.
Click the icon to enter the blog hop and ROW away!