A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, from my little corner of the blogosphere…are you ready?
- Click the link for my recent posting history!
- As the title of this post might suggest, it’s been an interesting week. April gave way to May, so CampNaNoWriMo and Blogging From A-Z wrapped up – and I embarked upon Story a Day May.
- Yes, I will be attempting to complete a story a day, using prompts, all month long. The first two days have brought mixed results, but stories with potential emerged despite the missteps. I’m willing to accept that stumbles are a part of life; and there are always things to learn…
- My April goals are also blossoming and changing with the new month.
- We’re home from our trip, and I’ve spent some time yardtending and just hanging out in the yard with the kids – delightful, after a long and determined winter!
Last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
- Travels and Tribulations: The kids and I take a much-anticipated road trip, and I find embarking on a new writing project deeply unsettling.
- Gearing Up for a Lane Shift: As April winds down and May waits in the wings, I prepare for new challenges and new growth, and reflect on what sprouted in April.
Eight Sentence Sunday:
- “Too Fast”: Sometimes, things happen too swiftly to stop, and have powerful impact. So it is with Gladys, Iris, and Howard.
- Returning from April hiatus. Look for something new this week!
- Complementary Challenges: A Stream of Consciousness excerpt from Story a Day May, as I combine challenges with The IDIC Romance.
A-Z Challenge: Traveling my Way Through the Alphabet in April!
- Wyoming and Wild Things: Just what it says: Whistle pigs, wolves, wapiti, and a Wild West show…oh, and more! =)
- X Marks the Spot: Sometimes, we remember what, and when, but not where...
- Yellowstone and the Shape of Our Lives: The most important thing we experienced at Yellowstone? Becoming parents!
- ZZZZZZZZ…..: Sleeping, and other shenanigans, under the stars – and farewell to A-Z 2015!
Story a Day May:
- Cucumbers and Complements: Kathleen Tucker’s son Trip has woman – and cucumber – troubles…
- Into the Sunset…: A horseback ride with T’Pol might be fun – but it’s certainly not like any Western Trip’s ever seen!
Variety’s Spice (something extra!):
- Decorated With a Found Feather: First Friday Photo: I share some photos and reflections, in a brand new blog hop!
Setting ROW80 goals for Round Two, which starts on April 6. Completing 60,000 words for CampNaNo. Draft two Kifo Island Chronicles novellas: Transitions andGenerations (I won’t finish this one until June, but this month I make a start). Complete the Blogging from A-Z April Challenge.
- Planning and plotting for Story A Day May, when I will explore more stories for The IDIC Romance.
- Complete the Story A Day May Challenge.
- Complete revisions and submit “Slow Jazz Awakening”.
- Resume revisions on “Peach Liqueur Love”.
- Plot Sea Changes: Kifo Island Chronicles #3.
- Update blog sidebar.
This week, on the blog:
- For Coffee and Conversation: C and C returns from April hiatus! Stop by any Monday, and enjoy!
- For WIPpet Wednesday: New stuff for April – July. I’ll be sharing whatever I’m writing, when I get to Wednesday. This week….
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS):A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. Might be fiction, or not, but it’s always surprising!
- Eight Sentence Sunday: Eight final sentences from Generations, at least for the next month.
- ROW80 Updates: My progress on my current and/or long term goals for A Round of Words in 80 Days, posted on or near Sunday and Wednesday, beginning April 5, with my Round Two goals post.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
And, just because I can…!