I’m slowly shifting from novel drafting to preparing for a month of revisions and short story writing. We’re back from our weekend in New Jersey, so the next two days will be about hometending and writing…reviewing April goal progress, and setting May goals that move me closer to the Round 2 and 2015 goals.
Goal attained (for the session, or the round) = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress (for the session or the round) = green.
Goal-in-waiting (for the round) = red.
Complete April CampNaNo 60K goal with Transitions: Kifo Island Chronicles #1 completed; and Generations: KIC #2 plotted and in progress. Transitions: Complete!; 58,730/~ 55K words.
- Generations: Scene 2/24 in progress; 3,794/~50Kwords. I’m slowly getting into this story, and past my resistance…
Total word count: 62,524/60,000. Notes for 6/31 stories transcribed/revised.This will be my primary focus until completed. Next up, notes for the remaining 25 developing story ideas; the list for the undeveloped ideas breeding like tribbles; and beginning to assign prompts/dates to stories.
Complete revisions for “Slow Jazz Awakening” and submit.
Reread Rock Your Revisions.Highlighting and comments for Scene 2/16. Next up, complete highlighting and comments for remaining 14 scenes, then create to-do list for next revision pass.
Complete ROW80 Sponsor Post and all sponsor visits on time.
- Done and done.
Complete the A-Z Challenge with all posts on time.
- Posted/scheduled through 4/29 (Y); Drafted through 4/30 (Z). Next up, schedule Z. This will be a secondary focus until scheduled – by the end of Wednesday.
Clean up/update blog sidebar.
- Next up, a more complete overhaul! This will happen in the bits of space between revision and story plotting, once A-Z posts are done.
Continue with hometending. At least 5 days weekly; include decluttering projects.
- 2/5 days. Unpacking and a little laundry on Monday. A little laundry on Tuesday.
Continue one-on-one time with all beloveds; online and in-person writerly socialization; time with friends.
- Conversation with son and daughter; couples’ time with my Accomplice; blogs; and now waiting for our final April CampNaNo write-in to commence. Sunday dinner with New Jersey friends.
Expand and extend in ways that feel natural and challenging without forcing.
- T’ai chi, and added a walk; allowed myself a little extra randomness.
Continue increasing physical activity and exercise.
- T’ai chi with a walk to and from.
Resume either t’ai chi or yoga with at least one class attended.
- T’ai chi on Tuesday – two weeks in a row! =D
Attend Y or do strenuous activity twice weekly.
- 1 /2; see above.
Meditate/Intentions journal twice weekly.
- 0 /2: Intentions Journal – update.
- 3 /2: Meditation…t’ai chi; 5 minute pre-travel stress release; 5 minute breathing meditation on Tuesday.
All in all, April flowed fairly smoothly even if I didn’t quite ever get very far ahead of the A-Z posts, and didn’t get as much of the May planning as I had wanted to. I haven’t had a great deal of stress, and some sweet memories were unearthed as I traveled through the alphabet, and the minimal planning for Story A Day May has led me to a shift of ideas that I think might lead to both greater creativity and increased productivity, not to mention a lot more flexibility. More on that, and other May things, on Sunday.
How did April treat you? Did it bring new growth, or settling in? Revelations, or certainty? Something completely different? I’d love to know!