A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, from my little corner of the blogosphere…are you ready?
- Click the link for my recent posting history!
So, what was on your agenda this fine weekend? Spring cleaning? Preparing for winter (for those on the opposite side of the equator)? Time outside? With friends? Family? Some creative pursuit, perhaps?
For me, it’s an extremely wordy weekend…on Saturday, several members of my local NNWM group met at our ML‘s home for a seven-hour marathon write-in, complete with libations (I’m not so much into those); snacks; sometimes raucous conversation; and communal writing sprints. This is a fun group of people, with a diverse range of passions, and they always stir the pot of my creativity.
Later tonight, I’ll be meeting up with them again, at our regular Sunday night write-in, bracketing my weekend with committed writing time.
Like I said, a very wordy weekend! Here’s what I’m targeting:
- Reduce my distance to my CampNaNo word count goal (according to the official site count at 1pm Saturday, 17,114 words away). I’d like to add 10K for the weekend; a doable goal.
- Complete drafting Transitions (I have five scenes left, and a decent idea how things will play out).
- Complete setup (Cheat Sheets and Scrivener outlines) for Generations (KIC#2) which I will begin drafting later this week. ( Seven scenes remaining).
- Post or schedule all blog posts through Monday (that’s three; all in production).
And now, last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
- Sowing and Sprouting: Ideas and focus create progress, and a bit of chaos.
- Really, Really Spring:Things are blooming, peeping, and growing – out in the world, and in my writing.
Eight Sentence Sunday:
- “By All the Nebulae in the Galaxy”: Terrance is lying, and his husband knows it – so why is Barry the one who’s acting guilty, and ablaze with desire? From my Kifo Island Chronicles novel-in-progress, Transitions.
- On April hiatus.
- That Simple?: Sometimes the things that sound the easiest really aren’t, as Corinne is discovering in this snippet from Transitions.
- “A Piece of Peace”: A Kifo Island Chronicles Story : Can a shard of pottery shattered in rage offer some measure of peace?
A-Z Challenge: Traveling my Way Through the Alphabet in April!
- Klamath Falls: What happens when things don’t go the way we planned? We end up someplace completely different, and unexpectedly wonderful!
- Lone Star and Lava Lake: Know those places you’re going to go “someday?” We travel to two of mine, with lessons learned and beautiful memories created!
- Mosquitoes, Mooney Falls (and the Makings of a Marriage): As mosquito and outdoor season approaches here, I remember the Everglades, and a spectacular hike that changed my life forever.
- Nine Mile Pond: What do canoeing in the mangrove swamps and marital discord have in common? Paddle on to find out!
- Old Faithful and Oregon: Impressions and memories of two favorite places…and an upcoming challenge!
- Pennekamp and Pacific: Two coasts, two oceans, two phases of my life…
Variety’s Spice (reblogged this week):
- Mindful Monday – Deciding to make it a good day: Bee Halton makes a discovery about what goes into having a good day.
Setting ROW80 goals for Round Two, which starts on April 6.
- Completing 60,000 words for CampNaNo.
- Draft two Kifo Island Chronicles novellas: Transitions and Generations (I won’t finish this one until June, but this month I make a start).
- Complete the Blogging from A-Z April Challenge.
- Planning and plotting for Story A Day May, when I will explore more stories for The IDIC Romance.
This week, on the blog:
- For Coffee and Conversation: C and C is on April hiatus. There will be an A-Z post each week, so feel free to stop by any Monday, and enjoy!
- For WIPpet Wednesday: New stuff for April – July. I’ll be sharing whatever I’m writing, when I get to Wednesday. This week, the very first snippet from Generations!
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS):A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. Might be fiction, or not, but it’s always surprising!
- Eight Sentence Sunday: Eight sentences from my Kifo Island Chronicles novel-in-the-making, Generations, throughout the rest of April.
- ROW80 Updates: My progress on my current and/or long term goals for A Round of Words in 80 Days, posted on or near Sunday and Wednesday, beginning April 5, with my Round Two goals post.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- Akinator : TheWeb Genuis: This game took about 21 questions to get T’Pol, but 38 to guess Porthos, Captain Archer’s beagle. It was a lot more efficient with Pokemon. Great family fun!
- How to Write A StoryADay Without Burning Out:As I look toward my May challenge, some words of wisdom from StoryADay May‘s Julie Duffy.
- Report debunks ‘earlier is better’ academic instruction for young children: Play is how humans learn best – so let the children play!
Well, that’s it for me…it’s Saturday afternoon, here, as I write this, and I’m getting things together for my Wordy Weekend…I hope yours was filled with everything you hoped – and more! If you want to tell me all about it, there’s a little box down there for just that purpose! =D