Why, hello there! I hope this soft Sunday finds you as engaged in your life as I am in mine today. It’s quiet, here, after a brief and somewhat unsettled sleep, which followed a day of intense growth and writeriness (is SO a word!). Later this evening, I’ll have another session of writeriness…
At the end of that, I may find that I have drafted my first ever romance novel – and my first-ever story to feature a character who is “gender-otherwise”…I’m not going into details here, but let’s just say that his personal history is complicated, to say the least.
Ideas, plot lines, and moments of clarity and revelation are flowing. I took Wednesday and Thursday away from Transitions– the characters were deviating from my set plot that I needed time to feel where they wanted to take me, and then guide them just a bit in the “how” of getting there. Growth can be a bit chaotic, and it will be a better story, with more texture and life, because I gave them that time.
I’m finishing up the last Black Moment scene, leaving only the resolution – and I have a fairly clear idea of how things will wrap up for these three. I expect some surprises, though!
I’m also moving forward with the A-Z posts– I should be able have them all scheduled by this time next week. Which is good timing, because I’ll be done with plotting Generations later today, and the prompt ebook for StoryADay will be available starting tomorrow, so I can dive write into (yes, that was a typo, but a good one, so I’m leaving it there!) fleshing out some Trip and T’Pol story ideas – and listing out the dozen or more new ideas T’Pol’s been
forcing upon feeding me!
I’m rather full of hometending and selftending inspiration, at the moment…yes, my pond runneth over – maybe I should send some of to California, where they desperately need it…in the meantime, though, here’s my update!
For clarification, here are my Round Two and overarching 2015 goals .
Goal attained (for the session, or the round) = blue with overstrike.
Goal in progress (for the session or the round) = green.
Goal-in-waiting (for the round) = red.
Complete April CampNaNo 60K goal with Transitions: Kifo Island Chronicles #1 completed; and Generations: KIC #2 plotted and in progress.
- Transitions: Drafting: Scene 21/24 in progress; 46,430/~ 50K words. Next up, Scenes 21–24; Into the Black Moment/Resolution scenes…3.5 scenes to go, and it’s a wrap!
- Generations: Plotting: Cheat Sheets 18/24 Complete and added to Scrivener outline. Next up, finish hometending for scenes 19/24; things have taken a very dark turn, and will keep on that way for another scene or two…
- Rough plot the 31 Story a Day May Trip and T’Pol stories. Use prompts if available. Looked at the site; the prompt ebook will be available MONDAY! =) Keeping this goal as-is for a bit; but it might change as May gets nearer, and April projects wrap up. Next up: Buy ebook; transcribe 30 story sketches; and list new ideas.
Complete revisions for “Slow Jazz Awakening” and submit.
These will resume in tandem with planning the new May stories. Next up, reread Second Pass revision info from Rock Your Revisions; create to-do list for next pass.
Complete ROW80 Sponsor Post and all sponsor visits on time.
- Done and done.
Complete the A-Z Challenge with all posts on time.
- Posted/scheduled through 4/18 (P); Drafted through 4/22 (S). Next up, Draft T-Z; schedule Q-Z. Only 7 posts left to draft! =)
- Clean up/update blog sidebar.
Continue with hometending. At least 5 days weekly; include decluttering projects.
- 5/5 days. Lots of time in both kids’ rooms Wednesday, doing moderate to strenuous cleaning; boy’s room, lots of laundry, and other hometending for a mellow Thursday; moderate to strenuous Friday – in preparation for a day off Saturday.
Continue one-on-one time with all beloveds; online and in-person writerly socialization; time with friends.
- Spent time with son, explaining the car’s operating systems at his request. Blog comments and visits. Couples’ and TV time with my Accomplice; hanging out and chatting during mutual creative time with my daughter. Attended Saturday write-in with old and new writing friends and one very cool German Shepherd pup!
Expand and extend in ways that feel natural and challenging without forcing.
- Mother hen released the chicks a bit more, to spend a day writing a few miles away; and I even had a mixed drink (I think it was called a ginger mule -sipped it all day, and it was tasty!). More growth on the horizon.
This entire category fell by the wayside last week to allow for “Otherstending”. Now that we’re feeling better, as a family, I intend to give these, and myself, some much-needed attention.
Continue increasing physical activity and exercise.
- Some strenuous cleaning Wednesday and Friday.
- Resume either t’ai chi or yoga with at least one class attended.
Attend Y or do strenuous activity twice weekly.
- 4 /2; see above.
Intentions journal twice weekly.
- 2 /2: Intentions Journal.
- 1 /2: Meditation. Forgot the second one!
My next update on will be posted Wednesday. Till then, let’s ROW along the ROW80 Blog Hop River, or, if you’re suitably inspired, come join in! You’ve got nothing to lose, and only your goals to attain! The icon is your portal!
I’m having a blissful kind of Sunday, but my characters are in dire straits. Maybe that’s why this melancholy Sunday song remembered from childhood is in my mind today…