A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, from my little corner of the blogosphere…
- Click the link for my recent posting history!
I’ve made great prepping strides this week – I’m still behind where I’d like to be with my April and yearly challenges, and I haven’t yet gotten past thinking about May, June, and July in the barest sense, but I’m finally feeling like there’s a good chance I can wake up on April 1 with my ducks in a row for at least the first few days.
- My biggest accomplishment is that I’ve plotted the first of my two CampNaNoWriMo Kifo Island Chronicles series novellas. These are based on my A-Z Challenge posts from last year. I’ve got a last bit of sweeping up of files for the Scrivener setup, and I still need to plot the second – but this one, at least, will be ready to write at midnight on April 1.
- I’ve also finished reverse-engineeering my revision plan, and rewritten two scenes of my Trip and T’Pol story, “Slow Jazz Awakening”. There’s still a chance I can submit this by the end of the month, to satisfy my March Write1Sub1, but I may submit it to my writing group for critiquing, first. The next fourteen scenes should go fairly quickly, now that Novella One is plotted.
- Lastly, I’ve finished the notes for my A-Z posts, and will get started on those later today. I hope to have at least the first four posts (for the first week), scheduled by April 1 – I can continue on from there with a little less stress. I’m doing well enough with my general blogging, although I’m not quite up to date with visits, and have some odds and ends I want to tend to before I dive into challenge-land…
And now, last week’s features:
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
- Penultimate Vision: Tightening my focus as I target the end of the round, and the challenges to come.
- A Somewhat Surreal Vision: As I dive into various story worlds, and contemplate Round One, life seems a little – perspective-twisting.
Eight Sentence Sunday:
- “In Nearly All Cases…” Another #8sunday post: exactly eight sentences from a current work. The second set of sentences from my 2014 NaNoWriMo project, a Star Trek TOS /Enterprise crossover fan fiction novel, The Earth Doth Move, wherein a young Spock goes to the desert to contemplate a major life decision, and ponders a basic Vulcan tenet.
- “Traveling Through the Alphabet” A-Z Theme Reveal: I share my theme, and my post titles, for the Blogging From A-Z April Challenge. And, in a little over a week, I’ll start revealing the posts I haven’t written yet! =)
- “Curses Upon Thou!“ A grammatically incorrect excerpt from my time-travel fantasy novel-in-progress, Chameleon’s Dish. In the last snippet I’ll be sharing from this WIP for a while, Henry deals with a rabbit-mort, and his own feelings.
- Logic and Discord: In the revised opening scene of “Slow Jazz Awakening”, a young Vulcan woman named T’Pol considers logic, discord, quiet, music, laughter, and the imprecise nature of human communication…while taking a wholly illogical risk for potentially logical reasons.
- Spring Flower People for Wednesday Whimsy: from Veronica Scott, lovely flower people, images, and even poetry to celebrate this ever-so-slowly emerging spring…
Wrapping up ROW80 Round One – (done!) Completing and submitting homeschool paperwork (done!), and my fan fiction story, “Slow Jazz Awakening”, still in revision.
- I’ll look at my longer-term goals, during the break.
- Setting ROW80 goals for Round Two, which starts on April 6.
- Completing 60,000 words for CampNaNo (roughly two novellas).
- Draft two Kifo Island Chronicles novellas: Transitions and Generations.
- Complete the Blogging from A-Z April Challenge.
- Planning and plotting for Story A Day May, when I will explore more stories for The IDIC Romance.
This week, on the blog:
- For Coffee and Conversation: Something made my head spin a few weeks ago, in a good way…and I’m finally ready to talk about it!
- For WIPpet Wednesday: New stuff for April – July. I’ll be sharing whatever I’m writing, when I get to Wednesday.
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS):A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday. Might be fiction, or not, but it’s always surprising!
- Eight Sentence Sunday: Eight sentences from one of my Kifo Island Chronicles novellas-in-progress, Transitions and Generations, throughout April.
- ROW80 Updates: My progress on my current and/or long term goals for A Round of Words in 80 Days, posted on or near Sunday and Wednesday, beginning April 5, with my Round Two goals post.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land: A selection of transitional beauty!
- I Believe in the Law of Action: A poem about movement toward goals…
- Skin Deep: A contemplation of beauty, and claiming one’s own life and dreams.
- 18 Unhealthy Body Image Habits and How to Break Them: Seriously – if you do these things to your one beautiful body – STOP! It deserves more love than that, and so do you!<3
OK…I’ve told you all about my week – now it’s your turn! Drop a comment in the box, or, even better, a link back to some or all of your Second Serving – because leftovers are even better when they’re shared!