Spring’s still out to lunch, and will be for another few days, it seems. It is getting slowly and unsteadily warmer, and I’m moving forward as the round, the month, and the time for prepping come to an end, and the four-month writing surge commences with the (eventual) change of seasons…
It’s the second-to-last update of Round One. During the next few days, I’ll be striving to wrap up as many of these goals as I can manage, and move others forward. The break will bring more intensive focus on plotting and setting up April posts, goals, and hometending ,with the aim of being ready to dive into CampNaNo, and my two Kifo Island Chronicles novellas- to -be on the first. I’d love to have all of my A-Z blogposts prepped and scheduled by then, too…but it’s likely that that won’t happen, since there are three other people living here, and they call me things like “Wife” and “Mom”…because they’ve got the right to!
As I’m typing this, it feels just a bit insane…and I think I love it! It’ll be a full-on creation fest…
And I’ll love August and September, for the slower pace, and the chance to delve back into editing!
What about you? Do you have big spring plans, or are you just ready to sit back and enjoy some sunshine, fresh air, and green things?
As for me, here’s how I’m doing with my revised goals:
Blue with overstrike = completed.
Green = in progress.
Red = goal-in-waiting.
- Planning for my CampNaNo projects. Plan and plot two Kifo Island Chronicles novellas before April 1. KIC #1- “Transitions”. Ordering the relevant folders in progress.
All Goal/Motivation/Conflict completed.Next up, setting up the Scrivener file with ordered scenes, and the rest of the plan, then on to Book 2, which I’ve been giving a little thought. Hometending and lifetending. More hometending projects. The house is even tidier…and I might even dive into the Chaos That Is Our Front Porch in the next week or two…
- Revising: Revisions for “Slow Jazz Awakening”; complete and submit by March 31.
Completed through Plot Point 3, for both.Next up, the final 4 scene summaries, and then the Cheat Sheets for all 16 scenes.
- Prepare posts for the rest of the week. Second Serving Sunday, and ROW80 posts in progress
Coffee and Conversation, WIPpet Wednesday , Eight Sentence Sunday, and Stream of Consciousness Saturday posted and/or scheduled, as well as a reblog. Next up, finishing this week’s, and beginning next week’s, posts.
- Continue editing/sharing photos from our Oregon trip.
More of Feb18th edited, up through t the end of our first visit with Jim’s sister Jennifer. Next up, more Flickr uploads, then the last of the Feb. 18 editing, of the sunset as we drove down I-5 to Eugene from points north.
- Create a queue of three Coffee and Conversation posts: one essay, and two Walks With Jo.
Wrote a jumbled essay rough draft and highlighted for revision. Three collages formatted for first Walk With Jo post.Next up, edit essay for 3/30 post, and embellish collages for Walk With Jo.
- Write a paragraph or so of notes for all 26 A-Z posts.
A and B paragraphs completed;next up, the other 24, then writing the posts.
Moving to the break:
- Review and adapt goals lists for February, March, Round One, and 2015. Assessing where I am and where I want to be, and adjust accordingly. Next up, continuing comments on Round One and 2015, and writing February/March update.
- Draft a Round 2 sponsor post.
Well, that’s it for me, so why not pop by and visit another ROWer – or maybe several? And, whatever the season where you are, may it be a joyful one for you and yours! =) And, because it’s spring, I leave you with something perfectly bouncy…