A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, from my little corner of the blogosphere…
In my life:
- Vacation was – amazing. Perspective shifting. The catalyst for big changes I’ll be talking about more over the next weeks and months.
- As we waited at the Portland, OR airport to board our flight to Chicago, en route for home, I learned that Leonard Nimoy had died that morning. Anyone who knows me or reads here will maybe understand that this news made the trip more than a little surreal, for me.
- Arriving home was accompanied by head colds and jet lag…followed shortly thereafter by a charging issue with my laptop…
- Since then, it’s been readjusting, catching up, and springtime hometending…
My last Second Serving Sunday post: The Sayonara Edition
- Yes, I know it was nearly a month ago! It wasn’t intentional; sometimes life’s just like that, y’know?
And now, features from the last weeks…
- If I Could Be…#LoIsInDaBl Day 16: If I could be my mother’s mother…
- The Beauty That Is Me – Beauty of a Woman Blogfest and #LoIsInDaBl Day 23: I celebrate (albeit a bit hesitantly) my own beauty, from the inside out.
- Storms and Snares: Henry is a boy on the cusp of manhood, surviving on his own in harsh times – and someone is stealing from his snare line. From Chameleon’s Dish.
- Losses and Lateness: A young Spock contemplates a major decision; various people from his life advise or admonish him in his dreams. From The Earth Doth Move.
- Nothing:A girl, fleeing dangers from within, without, and across time and space, falls from a tree, and awakes to…nothing? From Chameleon’s Dish.
- “A Helluva Team” – SoCS and #LoIsInDaBl Day 21:Trip and T’Pol deal with the aftermath of the crew’s encounter with the potent pheremones of three Orion women – while negotiating a newly discovered and very potent bond of their own…From The IDIC Romance.
- “I Am, and Ever Shall Be, Your Friend” – SoCS and #LoIsInDaBl Day 28: I close out Love Is In Da Blog with a post to a friend who gave me so much without even being aware of it…
Love Is In Da Blog: A month-long celebration of love; with weekly themes and daily prompts.
- Week Three: One Big Family – Day 15: A week of exploring family love in many forms.
- Fathers and Feelings – Day 17: Spock considers something he hasn’t, until now – that his Vulcan father might have strong feelings. An excerpt from The Earth Doth Move.
- Siblings at My House – Day 18: No need for words, really – images of my kids and the lifelong bond they share.
- A Whole Lotta Cousins – Day 19: Yes, I have 32 on my father’s side!
- T’Pol Visits T’Mir – Day 20: When a young Vulcan girl visits the home of her first foremother, she finds unconditional acceptance – and a wider perspective.
- I’ve Got Friends – Day 22/Week 4: A week for honoring that special kind of love known as friendship.
- My Best Friend; My Syster – Day 24: She’s been there nearly my whole life; she’s closer than blood kin. She’s my Syster – by choice.
- So Far Away – Day 25: In tribute to those faraway friends collected across time and across a continent…
- Long Lost Friends – Day 26: I remember the friends lost through the years – especially Barbara Leonard.
- Invisible Friends – Day 27: The characters, created by me or by others, who populate my inner world, and tell me their stories…
ROW80: The Writing Challenge That Knows You Have A Life.
- Looking to the Horizon: Getting ready for a grand adventure!
- Long Deferred Vision: After vacation and life taking over, I reassess…
- The Vision of Perspective: Time and living bring new awareness, and a new way of seeing my goals.
- Shifting My Vision: New vision brings new vistas, and new progress.
- Seeking Clarity – #WeWriWa – My First Eight Sentence Sunday: I join in the Eight Sentence Sunday blog hop at the beginning – the first eight sentences from the Prologue of The Earth Doth Move.
- A Naked Conversation: Girl Boner Edition #BOAW and #LoIsInDaBl Day 23: For Mature Audiences Only! My prizewinning photoessay about public nudity, body acceptance, and what can happen when the social armor of clothing is stripped away…
- Wrapping up ROW80 Round One.
Completing and submitting homeschool paperwork (done!), and my fan fiction story, “Slow Jazz Awakening”, currently in revision.
This week, on the blog:
- For Coffee and Conversation: At long last, my Blogging from A-Z Challenge Intro Post.
- For WIPpet Wednesday: Another bit from Chameleon’s Dish, as we find out what happens next to Tisira, a young girl who may or may not be lost in the woods – unless it’s all a dream…
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS):A post based on the weekly prompt, TBA Friday.
- Eight Sentence Sunday: Something new has been added – eight sentences each week from the Prologue of The Earth Doth Move, my Star Trek: TOS/Enterprise crossover fan fiction novel-in-progress.
- ROW80 Updates: My progress on my current goals for A Round of Words in 80 Days; posted on or near Sunday and Wednesday.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land: It’s a Nimoy-centric jaunt, today…
- Leonard Nimoy Gallery: Leonard was so much more than an actor. Here, you can explore his lovely, profound photography.
- Remembering Leonard Nimoy’s Wise Jewish Soul: Another side of the man many of us knew as Spock – the simple Jewish man with the huge and wholly human heart. As told by a personal friend.
- A quiet week is in the offing. Blogging, plotting, revising, hometending, and the kids both need new spring sneakers for their swiftly growing feet. =)