A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, in my little corner of the blogosphere…
It’s been an interesting week, with sickness, progress, another novel draft finished, lots of family time, and the companionship of other writers…Now we’re moving into another year, another round of ROW80, and I’ve got some old goals, some new goals, and a wild and whirling mind…
And now, on to the week’s goodies!
Last week in life:
- A new year on the horizon, and new goals and projects await, along with those I’m carrying forward…oh, and getting sick…which wasn’t exactly in the plan, but that’s life.
Recently at shanjeniah:
- A peek at Alana Terry‘s new novel, Torn Asunder; Spock‘s poetic musings on halfness; and he’s consuming and in danger of being consumed.
- Moments of domestic comfort; and contemplating the gift of publication.
- A bit about Gentle parenting; video games boost brain power; and this video;
And now, last week’s features…
- Cowl Invites Touch: My take on when Trip met T’Pol, as a blitz poem.
- T’Pol’s Got a Bathtub (and other fan-fiction bizarities): Wherein I discuss respect for character integrity, and combine an SoCS post with a JusJoJan post!
- It’s (Nearly) A Wrap: 2014 Writing Goals: I assess my progress on my annual goals just past.
- Jotting, Diffused: Wandering around in my mind and my writing, and almost forgetting a challenge I meant to join.
- Read, Read, Prompt, Repeat: Wherein I remember that there was a PROMPT for this challenge, and give it some thought.
- T’Pol’s Got A Bathtub…(again!)
- (Not So) Readerly Confessions: I contemplate the long list of friend’s books on my Kindle, and set a goal to read – and review – them all.
- January Goals – I’ll post specifics next week, but revision and planning for the spring writing surge will be the focus.
And on the blog:
- For Coffee and Conversation: A Redefining Disability Awareness Project 2014 Wrapup – this was meant to happen each of the last two week, but I got lost in lifeand the words, and – well, it hasn‘t, yet. Time to just do it!
- WIPpet Wednesday: “Whatever This Is” – Trip has a proposition for T’Pol – but how will she receive it?
- Add details here!
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS), Another stream-of-consciousness novel excerpt based on the weekly prompt, TBA.
- ROW80 Updates: Round 1 2015 commences on January 5.
- Just Jot It January: A daily post on the current prompt.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- Consequences: Samantha Quinn‘s fantastic Enterprise fan fiction – I was utterly riveted, and completely befuddled as to how TnT were ever going to come together. This is the storytelling ideal I’m striving for.
- Blue on Blue: Lt. Zoe Jebkanko offers another fantastic fan fiction. T’Pol must balance the needs of the two -Trip and Captain Archer – against the cultural taboos of Vulcan society.
- “Dear Friends and Family”: A Love Letter to Annual Letters: Gretchen Wing has some things to say about those holiday missives.
- I’m settling back into routine this week (despite this post being a day later than expected, and losing some of my annual goals…). Workout, writing group, and possibly skating with Annalise. And Enterprise, and revisions, and and and…
So, what’s on your agenda this week? Are you the resolution type, or more free-wheeling in your approach to the passage of days? I’d love to hear about it!
Want to join in on the Second Serving Sunday fun? Here’s how!