I could talk a lot about this week, or I could get this post made and then get back to the last scenes of my WIP…What do you think I’ll choose (hint: I’m a writer….), See you next Sunday – till then, have fun! =)
A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, in my little corner of the blogosphere…
- And now, on to the week’s goodies!
Last week in life:
- Christmas came, with surprises, lights, love, and laughter – oh, and cotton candy! Joy was shared, and then the kids went to play with their cousins, and my Accomplice and Mischief and I had hours to ourselves, to putter around the house, connect, and flirt. =)
Recently at shanjeniah:
- Flames of Redemption cover reveal; Trip and T‘Pol discuss idioms; and Spock’s parents deal with a marital crisis.
- Visiting friends brings inspiration in many forms; Christmasing early, and lots of writing…
- and a Victorian Street Walk…
And now, last week’s features…
- “Not This; Nor That” – one young pointy-eared boy’s poetic musings on halfness, as a Christmas gift!
- “Consumed and Consuming” – Spock is consuming questionable substances, and in danger of being consumed, himself…
- My Penultimate Nest: Moments of domestic comfort, and many words as the year winds down.
- A Nestful of Gifts: I finish a novel draft just in time for the end of the round, get ready for Christmas, and contemplate the gift of publication!
My writing plan for December:
Complete kids’ first quarter homeschool reports, due December 15.
mplete rough draft of my NaNoWriMo project, The Earth Doth Move,another Star Trek: TOS/Enterprise crossover fan fiction – WAHOO! It’s complete!
- Complete rough draft of my “dangling” fanfiction WIP from July 2013 CampNaNo, Perchance to Dream. – 3 scenes left to write. I plan to finish before the end of the year.
Complete and post the review I promised.(overstrike; completed)
- Draft a basic writing plan for 2015, with a focus for each season/round. I’ve begun the process of developing the Round 1 plan; reviewed 2014 plan and highlighted.
- At this point, everything is underway or complete, with 4 days of month to go!
And on the blog:
- For Coffee and Conversation: A Redefining Disability Awareness Project 2014 Wrapup – this was meant to happen last week, but I got lost in the words and the holiday spirit, an it didn’t. So, it’ll happen on Monday or Tuesday of this week, instead.
- WIPpet Wednesday: You’ll just have to come back and see, this week. No spoilers from me!
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS), Another stream-of-consciousness novel excerpt based on the weekly prompt, TBA.
- ROW80 Updates: After today’s ROW80 annual wrapup post, I will be on hiatus until Sunday, when I post my new goals for the new year. Round 1 2015 commences on January 5.
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- ‘Gentle parenting’ explainer: no rewards, no punishments, no misbehaving kids: Rebecca English at The Conversation gives a concise explanation of the way my family and others live in (mostly) peaceful coexistence.
- Playing video games can boost your brain power: ScienceDaily offers this interesting new research.
- A new year is on the horizon, and new goals and projects await, along with those I’m carrying forward…
And a happy new year to you, one and all!
Want to join in on the Second Serving Sunday fun? Here’s how!