A weekly peek backwards and a look ahead, in my little corner of the blogosphere…
This is a very, very late Second Serving Sunday post…and it’s not going to have a lot of chatter. The kids and I visited out-of-state friends last week, from Thursday- Sunday, and I haven’t been getting much sleep these last couple of weeks…because the stories are alive in my imagination, and they need to be written…
So I’m going to go ahead and get this posted, and then get on with the writing…but, before I do, I want to wish a Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate!
And now, on to the week’s goodies!
Last week in life:
- Another local NaNo write-in, a trip to visit our New Jersey friends, more writing, and hometending…
Recently at shanjeniah:
- On-the-fly NaNo research; Trip‘s humor produces unexpected results; and an Unschooling present.
- I Leave My NaNo-Nest, and settle in for December’s mellower flow.
- 33 untold writer truths; and teenagers shut down their brains when being criticised.
- And, in honor of the Christmasy, Hannukah, Kwanzaa season at the end of the year…
And now, last week’s features…
- 33 Round Tuits Update – I check my progress on those 33 things I’d been “meaning to get around to”.
- Figuring Stuff Out – Trip and T‘Pol share a mutual interest in discovering how things tick, and extend it to each other.
- Back From the Wreckage: Another stream-of-consciousness excerpt from my Star Trek fan fiction novel-in-progress, The Earth Doth Move.
- A Nestful of Sleepy Excitement: Many story developments, not much sleep, big things brewing…
- Sprucing and Pruning my Nest: More words, homeschool reports, and pruning my goals list.
My writing plan for December:
- Complete kids’ first quarter homeschool reports, due December 15.
- Complete rough draft my NaNoWriMo project, The Earth Doth Move, another Star Trek: TOS/Enterprise crossover fan fiction – great progress this week; I’ve now got only 7 scenes left to write.
- Complete rough draft of my “dangling” fanfiction WIP from July 2013 CampNaNo, Perchance to Dream. – 10 scenes left to write. I’ll finish this one after I finish TEDM.
- Complete and post the review I promised. (overstrike; completed)
- Draft a basic writing plan for 2015, with a focus for each season/round. I’ve given this a little thought, and will rough out ideas this week.
And on the blog:
- For Coffee and Conversation: Flames of Redemption -a cover reveal from author and friend, Fallon Brown.
- WIPpet Wednesday hosts A Horse’s What Did You Say?,another excerpt from my Story a Day May exploration, The IDIC Romance…this week, Trip and T‘Pol figure out that there are different ways to approach the matter of language…
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday (SoCS): Another stream-of-consciousness writing based on the weekly prompt, TBA.
- ROW80 Updates: My twice-weekly progress on A Round of Words in 80 Days. We’re in the home stretch for Round 4, 2014, and I’m motivated – and tired!
In the Wilds of Internet-Land:
- Crockpot French Onion Soup: I had this at Sylvia’s house – delicious, and just in time for the winter! Jessica at how sweet it is shares her recipe.
- 17 Of The Most Beautiful Steps Around The World: Trust me, these are worth a visit to Lina D over at Bored Panda!
- Writing and traveling. Ice skating for one child; a trip to the farmer’s market and an organic micro-dairy for another; dinner out, new friends, old friends, music, and fun for us all!
Want to join in on the Second Serving Sunday fun? Here’s how!