Well, October is in the books. How was it for you? I hope it brought piles and piles of delight!
I ended October and began November in New Jersey, at the home of my dear friend Sylvia and her family. The kids and I have had a tradition of spending Halloween with them, whenever possible, for the last several years – which means that I usually start NaNoWriMo at Sylvia’s, too. She’s my personal patron of the arts, supplying coffee, sustenance, and thought-provoking conversation in abundance while the kids swirl about, providing further inspiration.
She’s become an important part of my NaNo tool kit! =D
With November here, I’m unveiling an adapted and pared down goals list. The fitness and nutrition sections will look pretty much the same – writing requires fuel, and also oxygenation. There’s still a few hometending and lifetending things there, too – because, well, it’s nice to live in spaces that aren’t deathtraps, and to feed the mind and soul during intense creative efforts.
But, as for writing and blogging, I’m sticking to the basics for this month. I’ll make my regular posts, and queue if I get the chance; answer comments; and share. But updates will probably be a bit less chatty than they often are, so that I can get on with my NaNo fast-drafting.
Since it was a weekend away, and a new goal focus, I’ll save the actual progress report for Wednesday – between the ending of Daylight Savings Time, and the driving, and the writing…well, I’m already into Monday to post this – and I’ve got two other posts to get out today….so, for now, just the goals.
I plan on a leisurely December, to follow up these two challenge months! =D
All fitness and nutrition goals.
Maintain blogging goals.
Build positive blogging habits – post regularly, build queues, answer comments, and share diversely.
Complete first draft of The Earth Doth Move, as my November NaNo project.
Complete the family room reset.
Continue the massive kitchen reset.
Continue cleaning and organizing my study.
Take time at least once a week to simply be in my study.
- Maintain email Inbox at a manageable level.
Continue using calendar app to manage my time.
Return to exploring Play Jar slips in a playful, FUN way!
Read 2 of the 8 TBR books on the bookcase by my bed.
- Plan at least two monthly excursions that promote physical activity.
- Weekly workout at the Y;4 weight-bearing exercises/machines for arms/legs/core weekly .
- Treadmill: 18 minute mile, walking/jogging; using “Rolling Hills” Program.
- Work up to 2 miles, at any speed for the second mile.
- Recumbent bike: 8 miles in 30 minutes, using an interval program.
- Build to one half mile walking/jogging on the track each week.
- Add time on elliptical, arc trainer, and/or rowing machines: goal is 10 minutes on each, at least twice monthly.
- At least one strenuous home/yardtending activity each week.
- Dance, swim, or play physically with kids at least once each week.
- Use Wii Fit at least 3 days weekly, for a minimum of ten minutes.
- Maintain or reduce body weight – monthly checks.
Maintain existing nutrition goals (smoothies/salads and yogurt/nuts; whole grains; soup).
Eat fresh vegetables other than salads (raw or cooked), and/or fresh fruits at least 3 times each week.
Drink one glass/bottle of water each day.
Read Intuitive Eating.
ROW80 Sponsor duties:
Visit my “team” twice weekly.
Visit other ROWers as time and energy permit.
That’s it for me! If you’re so inclined, cheer on other ROWers here!